Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Summer's End

Pure joy and pin-pricks

by lalatherapist16 1 review

It's the day before the wedding and Gee can't see Frankie until tomorrow and they are so not happy about it

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Humor,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-03-01 - Updated: 2011-03-02 - 2203 words - Complete

0Unrated
Frank's Point of view


Ugh! I hated being stuck in this room. It was big and nice, but I wanted to be with Gee. My phone had been taken hostage so I couldn't call or text him.

I paced back and forth, trying to not hit anything in my frustration. A knock on the door made me freeze mid-stride and I looked at it. “Yeah?” I shouted at the door.

It opened and mom popped in. she sat her bag on the bed and hugged me. “Frankie I can't believe you're getting married tomorrow!” she yelled into my chest.

I patted her back and she started crying. There wasn't any noise to indicate it, but I felt the wetness on my shirt. “Ah, mom! It's not like I'm leaving you forever. We're just gonna be in the apartments across town!” I rubbed her back and she pulled away.

She smiled at me, tears still streaming down her face. I wiped at one of them and a sob broke from her chest. Crushing herself to me, I had to sit down before we both fell over.

We sank to the floor. I sat cross-legged and she curled into me. “How am I gonna eat? You know I can't cook to save my life.” I laughed. She punched my shoulder and went back to crying heavily.

“Mom, I can show you some tricks. And I have recipes I can teach you.” I held her and let her cry herself out. Another knock came on the door and I shouted at it. “It's open!”

Emily came in, a bag of McDonald's and a tray of drinks. She balanced the drinks on her leg and kicked the door shut. Swinging the bag onto the little table, she spat her keys onto the bed and looked at the two Ieros on the floor.

She rolled her eyes and pulled mom up. Whispering in her ear quickly, she moved her to the bed and sat her next to her keys. Then she helped me up.

I stumbled, both my legs asleep up to my hips. They collapsed under me and she had to catch me to keep me from landing back on the floor.

Like she did with mom, she sat me on the bed. The feeling started to come back in my legs slowly. First it was a small tingling that spread all the way to my toes. Then my legs felt warm and when I moved my toes, thousands of tine needles shot up and down my legs.

Gasping, I tried to keep my legs still as the pain shot all the way to my spine and back to my toes. Ems shot me a look and grinned. My legs were starting to burn back to life and I could move my toes without the needles.

Ems handed me a cheese burger and I grinned at her. She handed mom a chicken sandwich with no mayo and grabbed her box of chicken nuggets. We ate and drank and talked about tomorrow.

“Shit! Emily when are you bringing my clothes here? I assume I don't get to go home and get dressed in the comfort of my own room.” I narrowed my eyes at her and she gave me an innocent grin.

She shrugged. “I'll be stopping by and changing here as well and some of the other girls will be too. If you don't mind sharing a dressing room with a few girls that don't feel comfortable getting dressed around all those guys?” she stuck her tongue out at me and I laughed loudly.

“Well if they don't like getting undressed in front of guys, they'll be fine in a room with me!” mom busted out laughing and Ems gave me a devils grin.

“Good! Now that thats settled, where's Gee's ring?” she looked at the small ring box on the little dresser and I nodded.

“In there. Wanna see it?” I asked, looking at their faces. They both started beaming and I got up and grabbed the little velvet box. I love the feel of velvet. Rubbing my fingers over it, I pulled the top open to reveal the circle under it.










Gerard's Point of view


My stomach had been flipping since this morning. Tomorrow was the day I became Gerard Iero – Way. And this was my last day as Gerard Way.

It was going to take getting used to. But now that I thought about it, it made my heart grind into my ribs at the sound.

I had to sit down before my legs went numb. Trying to breath evenly, a knock on the door scared the hell out of me. “Yeah?” I called, turning my head on the bed.

It opened and mom stepped through. She took in the way I was laying on the bed – my head at the foot and my feet propped up on the pillows – and grinned.

“Nervous?” she asked, sitting beside me. I shook my head and she poked my shoulder. Then she laid back and put her head on my chest.

She stared at the ceiling with me. “Are you ready?” she asked at one point. I nodded and sighed. “I'm ready to be with Frankie forever. I hate that I had to wait this long to meet him, you know? It's like my life would have been so much better if he'd been in it the whole time.” I blurted all my thoughts to her, not putting a stopper between my brain and my mouth.

I felt her move and heard her sigh. “That's love, honey. And it happens like that sometimes. But some people aren't that lucky. Some people never even fall in love. I've seen what you and Frankie have. And it's not going to end like what happened with me and your dad. I promise you it won't.” she took my hand and squeezed it in both of her tiny ones.

Her words comforted me to an extent that made her more of my mom than the friend she'd been all these years. I hugged her hard and I felt tears stinging in my eyes. Her tears were falling onto my shirt, leaving warm wet spots I could feel.

The door opened and Mikey came in. I turned my head to him and the tears spilled down my face. His eyes filled and he came to lay on the other side of mom.

He put his arms around both of us and put his head on her shoulder. And we cried together. It was the first time we were all hugging at the same time since Mikes and I had been little. And we had never cried together.

I held them both, moving one arm under Mikey and squishing them both together. Mikey seemed to copy my actions but he did it at the same time I had. Mom put one arm around me and the other around Mikey.

We stayed like that for a while, a Way sandwich on the hotel bed. After about an hour, our tears started to slow and we sobered up a bit.

Mikey pulled away and sat up. I pulled mom up and tried to stop crying. Wiping the tears from her face with my hand, a knock startled all of us. Mikey went over and opened it.

I assumed his voice was to hoarse from crying to talk yet and mom and I were in no condition to even open our mouths.

Tears were still burning, running down my face, but I was silent now. Mom was still sobbing a little and she had started shaking. I kept my arms around her and she hugged herself to my chest.

Emily walked in, a bag of McDonald's in one hand and her keys in another. Mikey had taken the drink tray from her and sat it on the table. I noticed over mom's head that there were only three drinks.

She saw me looking at the tray and threw me a burger. I looked at it and back at her. “I already ate. It's okay.” she gestured to the burger in my hands and I opened the box. She handed mom a box of chicken nuggets and a box to Mikey. He looked at it and kissed her, a grin on his face.

“How did you know I love big macs?” he asked, putting his arms around her. Ignoring them both, I took a bite out of my burger and chewed. Mom nibbled at a nugget and I grinned at her.

“Mom,” I scolded her teasingly. “You know better than to play with your food.” She stuck her tongue out at me and popped the whole nugget into her mouth, gasping as it burnt her tongue.

She fanned at her mouth and I laughed with Mikey. Emily was moving around the room. She came and sat beside me.

“I need to talk to you alone.” she pulled me up and into the wide bathroom. It had a hot-tube style bathtub and a separate stand-up shower.

“Yeah?” I asked, nervous now. She took my shoulders and stared into my eyes. “I need you to promise me something.” she tightened her grip on me and I nearly flinched.

I nodded helplessly and she took a deep breath. “IfMikeywasgoingtoaskmetomarryhimyou'dtellmeright?” she asked me in a huff of breath.

“Woah, what?” I chuckled and took her shoulders in my hands, mimicking her tense posture. “Slow down and say that again.

“I said,” she paused and let go of me “if Mikey was going to ask me to marry him, you'd tell me right.” she said again. This time I understood her and I felt shock blank out my emotions.

I had to sit down on the closed toilet. She watched me, chewing on her lips the whole time. Meeting her gaze, I saw how afraid she was.

“If he is, I don't know about it. And if he wanted to keep it a secret like Frankie had, I probably wouldn't.” Her eyes went dark at that and she nodded.

“I understand. Thanks Gee.” she turned to leave the room. “Emily,” I stood up and hugged her.

“Thanks for doing all this for me and Frankie. You have no idea..” I crushed her to my chest and she hugged me back.

“You know, before I met you, I never really wanted a sister. But now. I'm so happy I have you Emily! And if Mikey doesn't ask you, you can always ask him.” She laughed and we went to the other room. Mikey had taken my place, letting mom sit against him.

They looked so cute that Ems and I gave a little “aw” that rose in harmony from our mouths. Mikey looked at us and gave a wry smile.

I started singing the lines to a misfits song and sat on the floor. Mikey and Ems joined in, singing harmony with me in accopella. Even mom recognized it and sang with us, higher than even Ems.

The three of them left. I caught Emily's hand and looked at her. “Can you bring me my CDs tomorrow? And the player.

She cocked her head to the side and I grinned. “Something to change to and it helps me relax.” I explained.

Her eyes lit with understanding and she nodded. Mikey and mom had stopped about a foot away from the door and I hugged them all again. They left, turning back and looking at me ever few feet. After about a minute of it, I stepped back in and closed the door behind me, locking it automatically.

I flopped on the bed and pulled the puffy blankets over myself. Closing my eyes against the light, I saw Frankie's face in my mind.

He smiled at me and I sighed. I turned the light off and closed my eyes again. This time, Frankie and I were laying together under the tree in the grave yard. I was on top of him and his warm arms were around me.

Then all my memories started mixing into my dream and I saw every moment I had shared with Frankie in my head. The day we met, the times he'd fallen. All those time in the bathroom and the kitchen. Art class. The way he protected Me and Mikey as we sat helpless on the swings. All the training. Even the dagger wound in my chest he had taken care of.

Somewhere during the mixing, I saw in my head the place – our place. The place we were going to be married tomorrow. It was beautiful. He was standing, waiting for me. His clothes were blurred and I looked down at myself. I was in a black mist.

Ignoring it, I ran to him and threw my arms around him. Then the dead leaves in the trees started to rustle....................

My eyes snapped open and I panted, looking at the clock. It was five in the morning. I flopped back on the pillows and put my arm over my eyes.

I hoped the dream was just a dream.












Is Gee paranoid or is he really tapping into his instincts? Guess we'll find out :P. R+R PLEASEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sign up to rate and review this story