Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Pegasus

by LifeInStereo 1 review

Well... I randomly thought of this storyline in my History class... It was an awkward moment when they were talking about Hitler and I shouted "I'LL WRITE ABOUT UNICORNS!"

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-03-05 - Updated: 2011-03-05 - 1774 words

0Unrated
"Il se sauve!"
"L'attraper!"
"Ne le perdez pas!"
The voices rang through the forest. Hooves thundered against the hard, dirty ground as the moon shone brightly through the leaves of the trees. A flash of light occasionally glinted off of the figure the men were chasing, leading them in its direction. Their horses were growing tired, but kept pushing with the adrenaline surging in their veins. They were losing but they had to keep surging forward. It was no use. The figure had surged forward into the blackness of the forest, leaving no trail to follow it by.
"Merde!" screeched a horseman, turning back on himself to return to the site to give the bad news. They'd lost him.

The figure was miles ahead now. It kept pushing, running from the torture it had endured. Its silver body shone like diamonds under the light of the moon, the long mane swishing out behind it. The horn on its skull pierced the air as it ran, guiding the way forward. The unicorn's hooves continued to smash against the forest floor until the lights of the circus had completely disappeared. As if it were by magic, a clearing appeared overlooking a deep blue river. Fish were swimming amongst the waves as the current pushed forwards, owls flew high above leaving black patches of shadow on the ground. The unicorn finally felt safe.

The unicorn strolled along the bank smoothly for what felt like hours. A fraction of the morning sun was peering over the edge of the horizon, the birds started calling and the night was crawling to a close. He toed at the pebbles along the bank, watching them roll around under his hoof. Out of the corner of his eyes, a figure moved.

He jolted his head in the direction of where the movement came from. And that's when he saw him. The saviour. It was Mikey Way. His bleach blonde hair looked orange under the rays of the sun, his eyes were focused all over the unicorn. He was leaning against a hill, and stood to full stature as he continued watching the creature. His knees bent and he swished his head - his hair glinting in the light. They stared into each other's eyes deeply, before approaching each other. Mikey strecthed out his palm and placed it on the unicorn's neck, stroking his body lightly. The creature shuddered under the warmness - he knew he had definitely found the person to help him.
"Hey little guy!" cooed Mikey. He motioned for him to follow, and led the unicorn through a passageway by the hill he had just been leaning on.

They walked side by side for several minutes, until they reached the MCR tourbus. Mikey gingerly stepped inside for a moment, and came back out with Ray, Frankie and Gerard.
"Look what I found!" giggled Mikey. The other guys stared at the unicorn in awe. Ray scratched his scalp, Frankie blinked several times. Gerard, however, burst out laughing. Frankie glared at his brother, his childish grin now wiped away.
"Hey! He's awesome! SHUT UP!" he screamed. Gerard continued to laugh, spilling some coffee out of his Starbucks cup.

"Oh Mikey... Where the hell did you find that?!" asked Gerard, tears of laughter spilling from his eyes. He walked over to the unicorn, his brother still glaring at him.
"I found him by the river. He looks tired..." Mikey trailed off in confusion to see what his strawberry-headed brother was doing. He was patting the creature, recieving odd looks from both the band and the creature himself.
"You know what we do to unicorns, Mikey."
"Oh no."
"Well, we... Rip off the heads."
"Gerard, shut up."
"... Bathe in the blood...."
"Seriously. I'm not kidding."
"And urinate on the bodies."
"I'm going to kick your ass!"

Mikey lurched towards his brother, Gerard's coffee flying out of his hand as they fell to the floor. Ray and Frankie stared at the commotion awkwardly before splitting them up.
"Ok guys, that's enough!" said Ray, his fro bouncing with his movements.
"Dudes... You're fighting over a unicorn? Stop being an ass, Gerard!" said Frank. The guys dragged Mikey off of his brother, Gerard escaping into a siezure of laughs.
"Dude! I was kidding!" Mikey was having none of it. He was growing angrier by the second.
"I'm keeping it! And if you can't take it... I'm leaving!" He leaped onto the unicorn and gripped its silver mane as it darted off into the distance.
"I've always been worried about that kid..." said Ray.

You don't need them, thought Mikey, you've got this unicorn... Does it have a name? They came to an area which looked familiar to the creature. They stopped and Mikey hopped off.
"You have a name?" he asked. The unicorn shook its head. "I think I'm going to call you... Pegasus. He was a horse kind of thing... With wings. Ahh, I don't care. I like it," he said. He recieved a look of approval from the animal.

Pegasus looked around. He swore he'd seen this place before. He looked at Mikey thoughtfully, wondering where they were. Mikey was thinking. Isn't there that circus near here? We should go see it! He led the unicorn onwards towards the circus. There was an uncomfortable aura for Pegasus, but instead of causing a commotion, he just kept following Mikey. They continued walking up the path.


Pegasus knew where they were. It was Le Cirque de Mystère. He started crying out, neighing as loud as he could, and turned to run away. But it was too late. The circus folk had seen them arriving and had advanced on the two from all angles.
"What the hell is going on?!" yelled Mikey. He was deeply confused.
"Donnez-nous le cheval!" yelled a man sat on a horse. Pegasus was berserk with fear, searching for an exit - but he was trapped.

A man stepped forwards. He wore a red coat-tailed jacket, black trousers and a black top hat. he had a disfiguring scar down his left cheek, joining the corner of his eye and his lips.
"Ahh, monsieur. I am Frederique Urie, zee conductor. You see, thees creature belongs to zee circus. He is our main attraction," he said in a thick French accent. Pegasus was still in hysterics, bucking and jumping all over.
"What have you been doing to him?!" demanded Mikey, staring in horror at the frightened creature.
"We have been nothing but kind to zis animal. He has not accepted our friendship and ignores our gracious offers."
"Nothing freaks out that much over nothing. You have to have hurt him!" Mikey shouted.

Suddenly, the tour bus pulled up along the road followed by several other vehicles. The door of the tour bus sprang open and Ray, Frank and Gerard jumped out - head to toe in Killjoy gear. In their hands were their ray guns, and Gerard was holding his brother's. More Killjoys hopped out of the other vehicles, circling the circus folk. There was Electric Kiss, Toxic Revenge, Vicious Bliss, Supersonic Angel, Hairdye Heart-Attack, Delirious Detonator, Battery Kid and loads more joining their forces.

"Kobra, catch!" Gerard yelled, throwing the gun over the heads of the surrounding circus folk. Mikey strecthed out his hands and caught it, smiling to his brother. He raised it to the conductor's skull, adrenaline filling his veins.
"What did you do to Pegasus?" he said. The conductor had an expression of fear stitched to his face. The army of Killjoys had all of their ray guns ready to take on the people of the circus.

"We... We are nice to zee--"
"NO YOU'RE NOT. Quit talking crap and answer me!"
"Ok! WE.. uh.. We killed his mother," muttered Frederique. Pegasus was still jumping around and crying out at the top of his lungs.
"You sick little--" yelled Toxic Revenge, but Bttery Kid covered her mouth before she could say anything more.
"Keep calm! Don't provoke them!" said Supersonic Angel.

Mikey was still glaring at Frederique. Gerard, Frankie and Ray had joined him in the center of the commotion. Frankie and Ray were trying to calm Pegasus as Gerard joined his brother.
"Poison, my dear brother, what do you think we should do?" asked Mikey.
"Well, Kobra,I think we should kill this motherfucker like he did Pegasus's mother" he replied.
"Killjoys, make some mother-fucking noise!" yelled Vicious Bliss, before every single Killjoy pulled the trigger.

"Tuez-les!"
"Ne les laissez pas vous tuer!"
"En main!"

Flashes of light were going in all directions, the circus folk turned on the Killjoys with their knives. But they were no match. All were dead before they could cause any harm. Just one was left. Frederique.
"Monsieurs.. Madames.. I beg for your mercy!" he cried. Gerard and Mikey stood side by side, now joined by Ray and Frankie.
"Over my dead fucking body." said Mikey, and pulled his trigger.

Several hours later, after all of the carnage was cleared up, Mikey went over to his brother.
"Gerard, what are we going to do with Pegasus?" Gerard stared at him for a moment.
"You named him Pegasus? He's a fucking unicorn, not a horse with wings! Did you just get it off my jacket?" he said, staring at the Dead Pegasus symbol on his jacket, and started laughing.
"What's so funny?" asked Mikey, confused.
"Well... After that conversation we had earlier, this is so ironic..." he replied. The two started laughing together.
"I think you should let him go, let the Killjoys keep an eye on him," said Gerard, looking sympathetically at his brother. Mikey knew that he was right, but he didn't want to leave Pegasus. He turned to look at the unicorn, which was chewing on a patch of grass while being stroked by Electric Kiss.
"Yeah..." he murmured, half-heartedly.

Mikey led Pegasus to the edge of the forest he had been running in last night, trying to put off his goodbye. He stared at the majestic creature, a small tear in his eye.
"Man, you've been awesome to hang out with. I mean, you're a fucking unicorn for God's sakes, you're not supposed to exist! But I can't keep you, man. You need to run and stuff, and I've got the band to tour with and I've got Alicia... So, run little dude. I'll come and see you sometime.." He hugged the unicorn tightly, then walked away. He turned one last time.
"Bye, dude. I'll get the Killjoys to keep an eye on you." Pegasus looked at him for a moment, nodded and headed for the blackness of the forest.



THE END
Sign up to rate and review this story