Categories > Original > Fantasy

Dark As Knight

by Maxx_Night 2 reviews

Max Knight, a girl of 16, is entering the world of highschool to find the evil which has caused much pain, but what else will she find while she's here?

Category: Fantasy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-03-06 - Updated: 2011-07-21 - 1176 words

0Unrated
I walk up the marble steps to a huge building, my brothers in front of me, as allways. i look back again at my father, oldest brother, and the twins sitting in the GT, just watching. Dimitri, my oldest brother, gives me a strong and silent nod while my father is on the phone with Andy again, checking up on the demon we are currently hunting. The twins are exchanging money, probably seeing who will get kicked out first, me or Damon. Honestly, I dont even know. We have been kicked out of every school we have been too. But, that doesnt really matter because we are moving around so much. At least once every two months since Damon and I were 8 months old. Thats right around the time my dad started hunting, when my mom died....

"Hey, Max, outa your day dreaming and start walking!! We're gona be late!!" yells Chris.
"Chris, shut the hell up. Just cause you cant keep ur pants on doesnt mean i wanna see wat girl ur gona go after here." I yell back. Its an ongoing joke in our family. He has had a slutty girlfriend everywhere we move. And it normally turns out to be someone my age. Can you say yuck?
" i gotta go with Max here, dude. we're both tired of it." Damon says.

I find it amusing, we are twins, but that is about as much as we can agree on. our personalities are complete 180's. i run with the goths and crazy people, where he is a jock, through and through. We are constantly competing. We also look nothing alike. He got the black/brown hair, bluish green eyes, and big, long, lean muscular body while also being almost 6'9. I, on the other hand, got blonde, to the plantinum extreme, hair, eyes that change color almost every time i look in a mirror, and am baraly 5 feet tall with an athletic build. We are both tan, though, with clear skin. That is all we have in common. If it wasnt for that, my dad would insist i was in no way related to our family, except that i am a spitting image of my mother. My brothers on the other hand are all really tall, like Damon. Dimitri is tall, muscular, with eyes that are as blue as the Carribean and brownish blonde hair. The twins, Alton and Charlie, have green eyes, brown hair, and are only 5'11. still really tall, sadly. Chris is big and burly, blue eyes and black hair, and pushing 6'5. Leo is kind of fun, though. he is 5'4, dyed red hair (and i mean CHERRY red hair), brown eyes, and athletic. we all have to be athletic, seeing as to how we have to be running 99 percent of the time.

I look back at Dad one last time before he leaves us with a car, some cash, and a hotel room to go hunt somthing suposedly too dangerous for us. Of course i get the normal smirk and motions for me to go inside, even though i dont like it, just before he gives Chris a hard look.

"Max, come on. We really do need to start moving," Leo says gently. He gives me a pained look and I instantly understand. Mabey I'll keep him around me while we are here. He looks kinda lost.

"Come on. You can stick with me. We need to stick together anyway, cause this place just is'nt feeling right for me," I say. I can instantly see the change from worry to relief in his face.

I quickly glance around. I had just climbed the last big step at the front of the school, catching a look at the facade. It has a large clock face engraved into it, with working hands, and large letters reading Honors High School. I silently laugh, thinking Horors High, how appropriate would that be for my family. I walk through the huge wooden doors with large glass windows in them. The inside seems busy, organised, and very schoolish, none of which i am good around. I see what looks like hundreds of students rushing around the school hallways, signalling class is about to begin. I felt uncomfortable, cloded in, like I couldn't escape, almost. I know, I've been to other schools before, just not nearly as large or with as many people trapped in such a small space, and soooo much more noise. I feel like my head is about to explode with all of the noise, the movement, the light. I just want to be on the road again. But I can't, not yet anyway.

I pull Leo's hand toward the office where the others are waiting for us. We all get handed schedules on pieces of blue paper, how wierd is that, by a preppy looking girl in a pink top and skinny jeans with heals and her hair stick straight down her back. I'm not really paying attention to the conversation going on between her and Chris, just finding anything out of place in the wrong way and finding efective ways of getting the hell out of here, until I hear my name getting mixed in, so I decide to tune back in. It's still Chris, of course, being the whore he is.

"Max is a sophmore too. But I don't think she is nearly pretty enough to hang out with you," Chris lays out, hoping she will take the bait. The girl behind the desk giggles and rolls her eyes at him. He winks and then wnces in pain because at the exact same moment, without even meaning to, Damon elbows him in the ribs, and I stamp on his foot hard enough to break it.

"We should be going now, don't you think? You were so woried about being late earlier," I say sweetly, which tends to piss him off big time. It worked. His eyes flashed with anger.

"Yea, y'all probably should start to go. The bell is about to ring for third period to begin. Just follow you maps. There are teachers all around, too, so if you get lost or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Have a great day! See you in math Max," she calls as I walk out into the hallway, thinking to myself, oh, great, just what I need. A clingy, insecure prep. Awsome.

" Can't wait," I call back, with as much fake inthusiasm as I can manage being this tired.

We all leave, making a plan to meet up at lunch, seeing as to we all have the same one. It's first lunch, witch is good. The sooner I eat the better. I'm already bushed. I have ROTC with Leo, Math with Chris and Leo, and everything imbetween with Damon. Leo ancd Chris are lumped together alot because Leo is super smart, and Chris just isn't. How we are all related, I have no idea. We all brake ff, Me and Leo go to room 157, ROTC. Now, let the torture begin.
Sign up to rate and review this story