Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > IY Drabbles

Goodbye Love

by darkelf19 1 review

A collection of various drabbles I've written for iyficchallenge, iyficcontest, Isswkiwa, and my own amusement.

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-05-19 - Updated: 2006-05-19 - 212 words

1Moving
Goodbye Love


He'd never told her. It just never seemed the right time. She'd promised to stay beside him and there had always been tomorrow. He'd held her countless times, their bodies moving in an ancient rhythm proclaiming what his lips could not. She'd smiled, curling into the warmth of his body, content to be near him.

When she birthed their first child he'd cried, happiness choking the words in his throat though he was certain she'd have understood. She'd smiled pressing soft lips to his, trembling with emotion.

And so went their life together; time swept away in hugs and kisses, laughter and sorrow.

Kneeling before her now he trembled, emotion choking the words he'd meant to say so long ago. Nervously he wet his lips, carefully holding the ring before her.
"I know I should've done this years ago, I...just never found the right...time..." His voice trailed off into a soft whisper. "I love you Kagome. I...I wanted to you to know that. I bought it years ago; it's only right you should have it now."

His tears fell into the dirt, his aged fingers placing the gold ring upon the headstone. Silently he started at her grave, regret choking his words as it had for years.
Sign up to rate and review this story