Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Morsemordre

Old McHarry had a Farm

by Ianoda 0 reviews

Same as before

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Fantasy - Characters: Vernon Dursley - Published: 2006-05-20 - Updated: 2006-05-21 - 960 words

0Unrated
Morsemordre

chapter 3: Freedom, with a side of revenge.


There lay a scrawny boy, with black hair, green eyes, and a heavy tan, if not a little burnt, on the front lawn of Number Four, Privet Drive. This boy was none other than the Harry Potter who we all know and love (or hate for those Draco supporters). Harry was currently passed out in the middle of doing lawn work for the Durselys, who had gone out for dinner, leaving Harry a Tupperware full of cold turkey and instructions not to touch any appliances with his "freaky hands". Harry awoke some time later to hear Uncle Vernon's voice saying, "...worthless freak...finish the lawn....ungrateful little maggot he is." Harry's head was spinning and his body was wet and cold, and judging from the empty pail in Dudley's pan-sized excuses for hands, he had been drenched awake. Harry shook his head to rid himself of the drops that were slowing dripping off his hair, which he had let grown long and tangled in his mourning. The Durselys of course didn't care. Harry was furious on the inside but he calmly stood up and went back to finish the lawn in the dark, because if he didn't than his Aunt would make life all the more miserable for him. By the time Harry was done, he had used a flashlight to finish, it was close to 11:00. ' Stupid Muggles ' he thought, ' well it's no wonder I passed out, what with the little they feed me, and the nightmares that keep me awake, no don't think about that. ' Harry thought as he lay on the bed. It was really uncomfortable, but he had no choice. Harry sat up and looked at the clock he had managed to fix. It read 11:15. ' I might as well eat the chicken now, ' he thought. He quietly opened his door, wincing as it squeaked open. The Durselys were asleep no doubt, Harry could hear their snores through the door. Harry snuck down to the kitchen and pulled out the chicken, then he went upstairs. When he reached his room he wolfed down the chicken and then used to tap in the bathroom to fulfill his thirst. Harry stared at the ceiling trying to stay awake, so as not to have the recurring nightmare. It started okay, with him talking to Ginny about something, then hands would grab her from behind, but there was a wall there so Harry couldn't pursue her, then Voldemort shows up and says , "she's gone Harry, but together we can bring her back, we have that power." It always ended with a pearly, ghost-like figure of Ginny saying, " I'm sorry, Harry." Then he would wake up. As he mulled over this nightmare, he heard the clock downstairs strike twelve midnight. Harry took a look at his makeshift calendar, it was July 31st, he couldn't believe it, he could finally do magic ( the ministry had lowered the magic age to 16 due to Voldemort's official reappearance). The first thing Harry did was he made the bed bigger and more comfortable, the room shifted with the bed. Then Harry opened up his school trunk and pulled out his nightly "medicine", a vial of dreamless sleep potion. It took three vials for it to work because of his tolerance to it after using it so many times. He knew the dangers of it being used in great quantity's but he didn't care, he needed the sleep. The last thing Harry did was take off his glasses.
Harry was woken up by his aunt pounding on the door screaming, " get up freak, and make breakfast, and don't burn the bacon again." Harry sighed and got up. He put on his glasses and stuffed his wand in his back pocket, then he remembered Moody's warning and decided not to become "Harry the Anus-less freak" and moved it to his front pocket. As Harry went into the kitchen he decided to have a little bit of fun. He went over to the bacon and pulled out his wand. Just as he said the words to cook the bacon, Uncle Vernon came it. He took one look at the wand and bellowed, " Boy, now you have done it, out...out of my house, hah, you have nowhere to go, you can't use that or you will be expelled, now what are you going to do?" Harry stared Uncle Vernon down and the answered with a question, " Do you see any, as you call them, Bloody Owls, in here?" Uncle Vernon spluttered and started to turn purple. Harry then proceeded to magic his stuff down. He then muttered, " Sealus Oralus." Which caused Uncle Vernon's mouth to disappear. He muttered a few other spells, and heard Aunt Petunia shriek as she grew a mane and another pair of legs, Dudley likewise was screaming as he grew another pigtail. Harry just laughed. Harry pulled out a packet of Floo powder and threw it into the fireplace. He yelled, " Ministry of Magic, Apparition Division!" As he was sucked up, you could hear him singing "Old McHarry had a farm, e-i-e-i-o." Thus Harry escaped from the Dursely's evil tyranny for another school year.

A/N: This is longer than even I expected. Umm, oh I forgot to mention two things, One: I had about ten chapters written down in a comp. Book and then proceeded to lose it, but I think I can live with out it, just don't expect fast updates till about chapter 11. Two: I am in great need of a beta to help my grammar and for help on ideas, I have the general plot but I don't have the tidbits, so should anyone wish to help, submit a review. That is all, thank you.
Sign up to rate and review this story