Categories > Games > Sonic the Hedgehog > The Second Emerald Master

Chapter 9 - The Black Emerald Society

by SecondEmeraldMaster 0 reviews

N/A

Category: Sonic the Hedgehog - Rating: PG - Genres: Fantasy - Published: 2011-03-28 - Updated: 2011-03-28 - 981 words

0Unrated
Chapter 9 - The Black Emerald Society

Meanwhile, in a remote part of Los Angeles, Cross and Lindsay are passed out, but begin to wake up in a darkened room still groggy and have no idea as to where they are.

groans… What happened…?” Lindsay said, groggily.

Her vision is blurred as she continues to look around, but doesn’t see anything.

“Cross… Cross, wake up!”

She continuously nudges Cross until he starts waking up too.

“Damn… what… what happened? The last thing I remember was passing out in the back of a black SUV.”
“Forget the SUV, I can’t move my arms or legs to untie these ropes. It looks like we’re stuck here.”
“I can't move either! What the hell is going on here?”
“There’s no point in trying to escape. You’re never going to get out of here.”
“Who said that…” Lindsay said, nervously.
“I did! Don’t bother asking who I am; my identity is a secret. Only in time will I reveal who I really am.”
“What do you want with us?!” Cross asked, demandingly.
“It’s not about what I want. It’s about who I want.”
“Well, WHO do you want?!”
“What I want… you already know what I want. I knew that at some point he had to return. Thousands of years after being sent back inside that tiny, miserable rock, fate has finally given me another chance.”
“What are you talking about? Who are you after?”
“I know who he’s after.”
“Who?”
“Your brother, Andrew.”
“Andrew? Why would you be…”

Both Lindsay and Cross realize why he’s after Andrew.

“That’s right,” the mystery voice said., “You’re brother, the new emerald master! It still puzzles me how the Master Emerald chose him to be the next emerald master.”
“We all don’t know why he was picked.”
“It doesn’t matter who the emerald master is! All I know is that when the time is right, not only will I exact my revenge on him, but I’ll be going after everyone else as well.”

Both Lindsay and Cross pause for a moment speechless.

“And just before I let you go, I want to remind you from this point forward that anytime you’re around Andrew that you work for me now.”
“What are you talking about? There ain't any way we’re working for you!” Cross said.
“It wasn’t up for debate! While you were unconscious, I implanted a microscopic camera inside your brain so that it activates whenever you’re around Andrew, the chaos emeralds, and the Master Emerald, I’ll immediately know about, where it is, and where it’s going. I’ll also know where you are at all times, so where you go, I’m right behind you.”

He then mysteriously unties the ropes freeing their hands and legs from the chairs.

“Just because I set you free doesn't mean that I can reveal the location of where you are.”

They both then feel a shot going into their arms and slowly pass out again. Meanwhile, in a hidden room somewhere, the guy talking to them sits calmly in his chair thinking about his next move.

“I hope with these two that I can find Andrew and put him out of his misery before anything else can go wrong. My best bet is to take him out early before he gets any stronger than he is right now. And now that Chaos was released from the master emerald, I might have a shot at doing just that.”

He gets up and walks out of the hidden room.

“I actually thought I was going to have to get my hands dirty…”

Meanwhile in a remote part of the Mojave Desert, Cross and Lindsay are tossed out the back of an SUV in the middle of the desert as the SUV continues heading up the road. Cross and Lindsay manage, but stumble to their feet.

“This is just great,” Lindsay says, annoyed, “Where are we supposed to go from here?”
“Well for one, we can't be that far outside of the city,” he replies, “I know this area; a few years ago, I and a few other officers were in a hot pursuit and it ended in this same area.”
“Well, that’s convenient. Do you still remember the way back?”
“I think so...”

He looks up in the sky towards the sun to determine which way to go.

“The sun is starting to set, so following the sun should be our best bet.”
“Sun rises in the east and sets in the west; I can agree with that.”
“And it helps that we’re on the road; so that when anyone comes by maybe we can get a ride back to the city.”
“You better hope that’s sometime soon; we’ve only got 3, maybe 4 hours of daylight left.”

Cross and Lindsay begin heading up the hot desert road in hopes in making it back to the city. After about 20 minutes, Lindsay pulls out her cell phone and looks around for a signal. Unfortunately, she can't find a signal and asks Cross if he can find one.

“Damn it; Cross, do you have your cell phone?”
“I never leave the house without it.”
“Check and see if you can get a signal; maybe we can call for help.”

He pulls out his cell phone and holds it up in the air. Unfortunately, he can't get a signal either.

“No luck; Lindsay, we’re in the middle of the desert. How are we going to get a cell phone signal out here?”
“I heard that there are some radio towers stationed out here. Maybe if we can find one, we can use its signal to call someone.”
“Well, that would be nice... if only there was a radio tower anywhere around here...”
Sign up to rate and review this story