Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

For all you My Chem fans, SING OUT!

by x-BreeLynn-xz 5 reviews

Please read

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar,Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-04-02 - Updated: 2011-04-02 - 678 words

0Unrated
I want take this time to rant a little bit to the people who will understand where I’m coming from with this rant.

I really don’t understand people when it comes to criticizing music. I mean yes I understand that not everyone is going to agree on every single song or every single band. But is it really worth their time to go on YouTube and listen to a song that you obviously don’t understand? Basically what I’m trying to get at with this is that I went on YouTube today to listen to SING because right now it is by far my favorite song by My Chem at the moment. Why? You might ask. Because of the deep meaning of the lyrics. It makes me sick to see all the people who have nothing better to do with their lives that they must make fun of people for liking this band. Many people label My Chemical Romance as ‘emo’. Where as that label is far from the truth. I don’t know any song by My Chem that talks about going out and killing yourself or some other bullshit like that.

I have come to the conclusion that it’s because they just don’t understand the deeper meaning or Gerard lyrics. Not many people have open minds these days. I guess to really understand the hidden message of each song you must open you mind and heart and let the lyrics flow into them. Which is not what most people do. They rather sit back and dis a song or band that they know nothing about because they believe its the right thing to do I guess.

Like my boyfriend. We have totally different tastes in music. I listen to My Chemical Romance and other bands like them. He listens to shit like Torture Killer and other bands closely similar. I listen to the lyrics mostly. He generally listens to the music. He sit there and tells me that My Chem is ‘emo’. But I beg to differ. As I've previously stated, there is no song by them that even remotely talks about killing ones self. He sits there and makes fun of my music choice and says its ‘emo’, when most of his music talks about killing other people. Now what kind of bullshit is that? Sitting there saying my music is crap. Its crap like that that drives me up the wall.

As I’ve already said a couple different times My Chem’s lyrics have messages. Take SING for instance. What does the song say to you? For me its telling me to stand up for what I believe in. To stand up to the ones that look down at me. To stand up for those who can’t stand up for themselves. The song is just so beautiful and I hate how people can’t see that.

One thing I wanna ask of you people is to post your own interpretation of SING. There’s a very long detailed explanation that I have in my head that I’m in the process of writing and I’m interested in what other people think. I mean you don’t even just have to post it about sing, you could even choose you favorite My Chem song and write about that. I want to hear you all sing for the world, sing for what you believe in. Tell me how the song speaks to you.

So please, I would appreciate you to take the time to sing to me. I make sure I read every ones and give my own feedback to each. I have faith in everyone here and know that you all understand where I’m coming from with this and know you all probably feel the same.

I just want to thank those in advance who do take the time to think hard and tell me their beliefs. Also I want to thank all you My Chemical Romance fans, their true fans for being so awesome

xoxo-Bree
Sign up to rate and review this story