Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Mikey Way's Journal

by ONotz 0 reviews

Somewhat bands history in mike's pov

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-04-02 - Updated: 2011-04-03 - 1287 words - Complete

0Unrated
(For those not knowing what an amp is, it’s an energy drink by mountain dew. We learn something new everyday. And if you knew that did you know I’m wearing blue shorts? You did. OH! I SEE YOU! HIYA!)

September 15, 2001. Monday.

“I SPENT MY HIGHSCHOOL YEAR SPIT ON AND SHOVED TO AGREE TO WATCH ALL MY HEROS SELL A CAR ON TV!” Gerard screamed at his father.
“GOOD! YOU’RE NOT A COMPLETE SCREWUP! YOU KNOW WHAT THIS BAND IS GONNA DO? IT’S GONNA MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR JOB AND STARVE! YOU’RE NOT WELCOME TO LIVE HERE ANY MORE! SINCE YOU MOTHER LEFT YOU”VE BEEN A BAD SON!” He screamed. Gerard looked straight in his eyes. “Whatever you say. You were the worst father ever! I’m glad Mikey moved with me!” His eyes closed so he wouldn’t cry. He walked out the front door and waited there for me to follow.

When I stepped outside, He started crying silently. “He is the worst father anyone can ask for. He is a crazy drunk! Never go back there Mikey!” He whispered. I nodded and took his keys so I can drive. He smiled and jumped in on the other side. I looked at our childhood home. “Of to rays?” I asked, he nodded and took a drink from my amp.
“We have to practice. We will never get better if we don’t” Gerard said laughing.
“Sadly, I believe you!” I joked back.

We pulled into ray’s house in about an hour. We walked up to his door and knocked. He came up and unlocked it quickly. He pulled us in and did a happy dance. “Why you so happy Toro?” Gerard asked. “I got us a drummer! I got us a very good drummer!” he sang out. “Ok when we meeting him?” I asked. “Now!” Ray said and pulled us into his basement were this guy was setting up his drums. “Hi, I’m Mikey.” I said and shook his hand. I had my hood up and my glasses hid my face “You have a pretty strong grip for a girl.” He stated and ray and Gerard were laughing so hard they couldn’t breath. I pulled my hood down “Sorry man, uh don’t were that. I was about to hit on you… Awkward!” And he said he would be down in a minute. Even I couldn’t control myself and I was laughing with them.

He came down in a few minutes and started playing. We all chimed in and by the end we had an idea of a song about 9/11 called skylines and turnstiles. Or at least we needed a rhythm guitarist but we didn’t need one right now so it wasn’t important right now. What was important was that I broke my bass falling down the stairs. I could fix it with duct tape. I will never see the end of this!

September 17, 2001. Wendsday.

We were supposed to practice on Friday but Gerard had a fabulous idea of practicing every night for the next 2 months. YIPPE! I would scream in sarcasm when he said we needed- wait did I just say fabulous day? FABOULUS? OMG!

I hope Gerard isn’t reading this because I swear I would kill him with his own long hair! I would gag him! My plan is pulling together nicely (Evil Laugh!)

Oh well, I can’t stop him now can i. I hope this band thing actually happens. I want to make a difference, and I love music to a point I feel like I can make that difference.
It’s pretty much all I’ve got left. I could make it or break it! We don’t even have a name.
But I’m sure it will come to Gerard soon…I can never do anything right so it couldn’t possibly be me to find it!

September 23, 2001. Tuesday,

I was practicing my bass (Fixed) and the whole thing sounded weird. I tuned it and it still sounded weird. Matt came over and played with a screw on the back. He pointed at Gerard, who busted out laughing.” You do know if matt didn’t fixed my bass you would’ve had to buy me a new one because I’m broke!” I said and he stopped laughing and just wrote his songs. It was an alright day I guess. I’m going to write in this note pad as much as I get free time.


September 25, 2001 Thursday.

I got an hamster today! Gerard found it in the backyard but he wanted to kill it. I told him I would keep it and begged. What? Can’t a 21 year old beg for a hamster?
I’ve always wanted a pet. Ray laughed at me but Matt seemed to like it. OH! And Matt also said Gerard was nuts trying to kill a hamster! Then I and he started chanting “Hamster abuse” It was a very interesting night!

September 26,2001. Friday

My night was awesome! It was the best night I’ve ever had! No that was sarcasm! It was the worst party ever! Matt had got hooked up! Guess who he got hooked up with?
The lead guitarist for prency prep! Yup you guessed it Frank Iero! He was awesome at guitar; he played on stage at the party. He was the best guitarist, next to Ray, that I’ve ever herd.

It turns out prency prep was braking up and frank was a rhythm guitarist. Ray started talking to him and now we have an incredible guitarist! I mean, How could he say no to a short, funny, energetic ,cute, adorable….WAIT OMG IF GERARD IS READING THIS I AM STRAIGHT! As Straight as this line  --------_------____----------……..DANGET!
MY STUPID PENMINSHIP! UHG!


September 27 2001. Saturday.

I FOUND OUR NAME. HAHHAH TAKE THAT GERARD. I was working and I went to put some books up and I saw a title saying ‘ Chemical Ramance” I was like “ HOW COOL WOULD IT BE AS MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE!!” And matt hugged me and said it was a good idea! I loved his smell of soap and cigarettes! No one else uses soap but me and him…Ewww….

October 2 2001, Tuesday,

We finally did a live show in one of the many bars here in New Jersey but only a few people came for us. (being parents so they could meet) Gerard went up to the mic. Because there were some teenagers there he started introducing. “ Hello New Jersey! We are My Chemical Romance!” He yelled. They cheered be cause he rolled his r’s.
I don’t get why they love him so much. Well anyways frank and matt haven’t mentioned any thing happening at the party. It pretty much doesn’t exist anymore.


October 31st 2001 OTHERLY KNOWN AS HALLOWEEN! Or Frank’s birthday………

We threw him a big party with all of our family’s and friends and stuff. He knew some major record dealers so they even came! They met me and Gerard and said they would be in touch. That frank sent in a demo last month and they loved it. We would be getting a deal! If they liked the rest of the songs we would go on tour!

Anyways at the party there were regular stuff Food, drinks, presents, dessert. The funniest thing of the party is how frank was so exited and so grateful. Every time I would hand him a card and present he would read the card and thank them perfectly. It was like the angel had entered the room. And after all the adults left we broke out the party favors…
Sign up to rate and review this story