Categories > Celebrities > Guns n' Roses

Homecoming

by Larien 1 review

Duff surprises Izzy. Set in the late 80s.

Category: Guns n' Roses - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-04-09 - Updated: 2011-04-09 - 548 words - Complete

2Moving
It had been almost two weeks since Duff had gone home to Seattle. He tried to call Izzy almost every night, but the guitarist could only take this separation for so long. He refused to sleep in their bed, instead letting the quiet drone of infomercials lull him to sleep on the couch. Izzy often caught himself humming the jingles to the Clapper and Chia Pet commercials during the day. His subconscious habits only served to further remind him of his loneliness.

The ringing of the phone broke him from his thoughts. He scrambled to answer it, knowing Duff had promised to return by tonight. "H-hello?" he asked breathlessly.

"Hey there, beautiful. How's it going?" Duff asked, a hint of a smile in his voice.

"Hi, Duff~ I'm okay. Axl's really starting to get on my nerves, but that's nothing new," Izzy chuckled. "Are you gonna be home tonight?"

Duff let out a heavy sigh before replying. "That's actually what I'm calling about. I won't be home tonight. Something came up."

The brunette's heart sank. "O-oh…Do you know when you might be back?" he asked quietly.

"I don't. I'm really sorry, babe. I promise I'll make it up to you, okay? I have to go now. I love you and I miss you," Duff answered.

"I love you and miss you, too," Izzy replied, smiling a bit sadly. After hanging up the phone, he trudged back to the living room and flopped down onto the couch to begin channel surfing. He finally settled on a soap opera re-run and grabbed a pillow to cuddle with. The rhythm guitarist had seen this particular episode three times already.

"Oh, Mitchell!" Izzy intoned in a mock falsetto along with the dark-haired female lead. "They said your plane went down over the Rockies. I thought I had lost you forever!" He fell silent and listened to the muscular blonde on screen explain how he had found a spare parachute and floated safely away from the burning wreckage of his plane. He felt like the television was mocking him.

"I missed you," he continued on with the girl. "Every lonely night, I lay awake in our bed, hoping against hope that you would walk through that door." He glared as the girl threw herself into the blonde's embrace.

As the male lead began to speak, a familiar voice joined him. "I'm back now, Belle. I'll never leave you again."

Izzy thought his ears were playing tricks on him. "But, Mitchell, what about your family?"

The voice came again, whispering now, the speaker's breath ghosting over Izzy's neck. "Nevermind them. Come away with me, Belle. Come away with me and we'll have our Happily Ever After."

Smiling, Izzy turned his head to find his own blonde lover standing behind the couch. "I thought you said you wouldn't be home tonight."

"It's still morning~" Duff replied. His eyes were a little bloodshot and dark-rimmed. "I couldn't wait until tonight. I drove straight from Seattle to L.A. last night. I stopped at a pay phone down the block to call you~"

The dark-haired man chuckled as he stood and walked around the couch. He leaned up and pressed a soft kiss to the blonde's lips, then took his hand. "Let's go to bed, Duffy."
Sign up to rate and review this story