Categories > Celebrities > Slipknot > Camp Redwood

Chapter 2

by SyndromeStar 2 reviews

In which our boy see's THEM for the first time

Category: Slipknot - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-04-11 - Updated: 2012-03-15 - 1557 words

2Original
Chapter 2

Keeping his eyes closed, Joey drummed his fingers across the dashboard, humming along to the song. “Master! Master! Master of puppets I'm pulling your strings....”

Joey yelped as a hand tapped him on the shoulder. He had been so into his music, he hadn’t even noticed that the car had stopped, nor that the door had been opened. Pulling out his earphones he looked over to his mother.

She laughed at him and withdrew her hand. “You ready to go?” She asked, already walking towards the back of the car. He groaned inwardly No...

But he didn’t really complain because even though he was too tired to really be bothered moving, his body was sick of being in the confinements of the car.

He grunted in response and undid his seatbelt, sighing in relief as he half-exited the car and got to stretch his legs. As he attempted to stand he realised they were still kind of numb, causing him to almost fall over twice. It probably hadn’t helped that he had been up all night on his kit. His body was furious at him and ached like a bitch.

Eventually Joey became steady on his feet and half walked/ half dragged himself over to his mother who handed him his suitcase and motioned for him to follow her. He was about to ask her something but she shushed him and pointed to a man holding a clipboard.

“Jordison, Nathan” Called his voice. “Go on Hun” Prompted Jackie, pushing her son towards the man. “My name’s Joey” he corrected, glaring at his mother for good measure “Joey Jordison.” He was really sick of having to correct people on this. His name was NOT Nathan. God damn his mother! Stupid forms, wrong name. Rant Rant Rant Etc Etc, So forth.

“Alright Mr Jordison” the man laughed, “Go give your stuff to the man over there and he’ll put it under the bus for you”

As Joey started to walk off, the man grabbed his shoulder, “You might want to take a pillow on with you, you can have a nap” he said winking before walking off. Joey smiled to himself; it was nice to hear someone being nice to him once and a while.

Doing as the man suggested, Joey pulled his pillow out of his suit case before zipping it back up and handing it to the Bus guy.

After an embarrassing kiss on the cheek from his mother (Which the camp lady instructors all Naww’d at) Joey climbed onto the bus, choosing a seat 3 rows from the back and sat by the window. Looking out, he could see all the parents waving at their children and Despite the fact that he knew the window tinting was far too dark for his mother to see him, he waved back at her.

*

It wasn’t long before the bus filled up and he was forced to share his personal space, something he really didn’t enjoy at all. What was worse though, was WHO he had to share that space with…

It was right at the end when the only spots available where behind and beside him. THEY walked on. All three of them, drenched in pink, cake face to the max. He watched in horror as two of them sat behind him while the third, who had been slightly behind the others, peered around looking for a spot. He wanted to escape, but it was too late….she had spotted the empty chair..Shit.

“HI!” She squawked, causing Joey to wince slightly “I’m Reesa! And this is Becca and Terrin” she said gesturing to the girls behind them. “So what’s your name then?” she asked peering at him curiously.

“Uhh, Joey..” He replied awkwardly as Reesa gave him a weird look. “Joey? What sort of a name is that!” She asked rudely.

Joey blushed a bit as he spoke again “Actually my name is Nathan bu-”

“Wait! WHAT!? You’re a boy!!!??” She interrupted with a look of sheer disgust on her face. It hurt, but he was used to it.


-later-

“Oh-em-gee!” Cried Reesa , flicking her bleach blonde hair over her shoulder. She was really starting to get on his nerves. No matter how high he turned his music, he could still hear her shrill voice as she complained and whined about everyone and everything to the girls behind her. To his musically trained ears her voice felt like a drill to the brain...Ha! A drill would be much more preferable.

It was at the point when he was actually ready to stab her when the bus started to slow down...... Joey peered out the window and spotted a McDonalds… Of course.. Joey snorted internally, rolling his eyes at the yellow and brick building.

The loud speaker clicked on and the instructor at the front of the bus tapped at the microphone, testing it, before raising it to his mouth. His voice filled the bus “Ok guys! We know it’s been a long time cramped in this bus, so we have decided to have a lunch break! How does that sound?” Everyone cheered, even Reesa and Joey was sure as hell his ears were going to start bleeding. The girl was high pitch x20….THOUSAND!

When the bus came to a stop and the doors opened Joey didn’t wait a second. Snatching up his iPod and backpack, he pushed past Reesa, who lost her balance and fell down onto her chair. She started to shout at him, but he only heard a fraction of it as he jumped out the bus doors.

Joey yawned reached in the air, which in turn cracked his spine nicely and he walked towards Mc Donald’s. He had a real weakness for junk food, especially chocolate and he often wondered how the hell managed to stay so damn thin....At least that’s what the girls around him seem to be thinking as he ordered his food: A large chips, a big mac, frozen coke and apple pie. Joey smirked at them all and took a large slup of his frozen coke.

Looking around Joey saw Reesa and her bimbos sitting at a table glaring at him, at first he couldn’t work out why, but then he saw what they were eating. Salad. Big ol’ pile ‘O’ grass. HAH! He snickered at them before turning and walking out of the ‘restaurant’…. If you could call it that..)

Walking out the door he could feel their eyes burning into his back...There was a really bad vibe surrounding them and he couldn’t help but think they weren’t done with him yet....

As he walked back towards the bus he noticed two more had pulled up beside it, and people were starting to file out if them. Not finding it interesting in the least, Joey walked off to find somewhere to eat. Somewhere that wouldn’t make him look like too much of a loner.

In the end he found a shady bench under a tree. It was a really nice place considering where it was located...It had the perfect amount of sun that shone warmly on his black tee, warming his back plesantly, while the shade of the trees managed to perfectly keep the sun off his skin. He peacefully ate his food, the silence around him only briefly interrupted by the occasional group of giggling girls or wannabee gangsters.

This is why he nearly choked on his food when he saw Them go past. They were huge! Easily twice the size of him. One was heavily muscled with black hair nearly as long as Joey’s the other was slightly lighter in build, with dark hair to just above his shoulders. Both, just like him, where decked out in band shirts and both wore heavy leather boots. They deffinatly looked too old to be campers…just passers-by. Joey sighed at this, figuring that he was going to be stuck in the company of those who generally hated him for a whole two weeks. It was going to suck.

Joey stared longingly at the two metalheads as they continued to walk passed him, not noticing that he was staring so intently until a pair of sharp blue eyes his own. Joey gasped internally, turning a bright shade of red and quickly turned away. But not before he caught the amused smirk on the raven haired man’s face. God how embarrassing to be caught staring…

He waited at least 30 seconds before he turned around again and not at all surprising, they we’re gone. Joey frowned and rested his head in his palm. ‘Oh Well’

later

“Group 1 please make your way back to the bus” The nice man from earlier called out.

Joey sighed and quickly swallowed the last of his burger, picking up his bag with one hand and crushing his food wrappers with the other. He tossed the rubbish it into the closest bin before pulling his backpack onto a shoulder. He stuck his hands in his pockets and proceeded dragging himself back to the bus. Unfortunately for him he could hear Team Bimbo only a few metres behind him.

Joey decided to sleep for the rest of the trip....If he could...
Sign up to rate and review this story