Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Time To Dance (A Cinderella Story)

Chapter 14 (The Banner)

by SheIsARebel 1 review

A group of kids were standing in the middle of the hallway gawking at a huge banner suspended in midair.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Parody,Romance - Published: 2011-04-14 - Updated: 2011-04-14 - 676 words - Complete

0Unrated
Brynn strolled down the sidewalk Monday morning her bag slung over her shoulder and her gaze constantly on the sidewalk in front of her. She knew how lucky she had been this weekend and for some reason her step-sisters and step-mother had suspicions about her too. On Sunday all she had done was hand wash and clean all of their clothes. Let's just say those hags had a lot of clothes.

She was almost to the school when she saw Roz in the distance walking towards the door with Ryan. "Roz...Ryan," Brynn called running to catch up with them. They both stopped and waited for Brynn. Brynn skidded to a stop in front of the two siblings and saw their smiling faces.

"What's up with you two?" She asked slightly wary of their happiness.

"Nothing," Roz answered still smiling. "What's up with you Brynn? Or should I say Ann?" Roz turned away and shared a short laugh with Ryan while Brynn scowled at the two of them.

"Can you guys keep it down?" She jumped in looking around at their careless classmates passing by.

"Why?" Ryan asked. "Do you not want your prince charming to know it was you?"

Brynn looked away again suspecting Brendon to turn up at any moment. "That's not it," Brynn tried to lie, but it was it. She didn't want Brendon to know it was her. She could already see the disappointment in his eyes.

"Brynn who are you looking for?" Roz asked.

"No one," Brynn answered quickly turning back to the twins. "Um...this reminds me," Brynn went on as the three of them headed towards the front doors. "You two didn't happen to find a bracelet at your house?" Brynn was hoping she had left it at their house, and it had showed up.

"Um...not that I remember," Roz answered looking at Ryan. Ryan nodded in agreement.

"Shoot," Brynn cursed under her breath. "You see I lost mine, and I need it."

Roz and Ryan shrugged again before opening the door to enter the school, but what greeted them, stopped them.

A group of kids were standing in the middle of the hallway gawking at a huge banner suspended in midair. Others students stood in groups whispering and pointing at it. The drastic pinks and blacks screamed 'just read me' and what it said was enough to take Brynn's breathe away.

"Dear Ann," Ryan read aloud. "You know who you are, we met at homecoming. Please meet me at lunch by the back doors." And it was signed Brendon.

"Oh my god," Roz gasped.

"Oh my god," Brynn mimicked Roz under her breath.

Chemistry was unbearable that day for Brynn. With Brendon just a table away and Roz constantly whispering in her ear, she got nothing done.

"So are you going to meet him?" Roz asked for the billionth time since class began.

Brynn sighed and poured some water into the cylinder. They were supposed to be checking the density of certain objects but it wasn't going too hot at the moment. "I don't know," Brynn confessed openly. "I mean...I can't."

"Why not?" Roz said forcefully.

"Roz," Brynn said giving her the warning to keep it down. Roz mouthed an apology but egged Brynn to answer. Brynn sighed and took a cautious glance towards the boy's table. Ryan looked happy pouring water everywhere and occasionally plopping things into glasses. Brent and Spencer were trying to help, but all they seemed to be doing was cleaning up water. Brendon, on the other hand, sat there watching his friends but not moving. He almost looked sad...no it wasn't sad. It was more of a not completely there look. "I just can't Roz," Brynn said turning away from the boys.

"Yes you can Brynn," Roz said looking directly at Brynn.

Brynn couldn't take the stare so she looked down. "Roz you don't understand. I just don't want to see that look of disappointment."

"He wont be disappointed Brynn, he already likes you."

"No...he likes Ann...not Brynn."
Sign up to rate and review this story