Categories > Original > Horror

The Puppeteer

by whisperedtouches 0 reviews

They're laughing now, but where will they be later? Tossed in the back of the closet with the rest of the puppets and the skeletons for company.

Category: Horror - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Horror - Published: 2011-04-16 - Updated: 2011-04-16 - 169 words - Complete

-1Boring
What's wrong with them? you wonder, looking around at their smiling faces. What skeletons do they have hiding in their closets? What scars have they been reopening, wrapping in bandages?

(But then, it's not as if you're any better.)

They laugh and poke and prod and don't realize what closet doors they're trying to force open, don't realize anything at all, really. They just fall all over the stage, playing their unwilling part in the puppet show, thinking they're the ones pulling the strings.

You know better. You know that sooner or later, all these limbs attached to all these strings are going to get intertwined, the puppeteer letting them fall into a crumpled heap, damaged and broken - an arm torn off here, a tear in the fabric here, an undoable knot here. And when the puppeteer gives up on trying to untangle the mess, he'll throw them into the back of the closet with only the skulls' grins for company.

They're blind. Every last one of them.
Sign up to rate and review this story