Categories > Original > Drama > Una Mexicana

Our Real Lives

by sickly_ill 1 review

"Now what?" Limon asked.

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor - Published: 2011-04-19 - Updated: 2011-04-20 - 1139 words - Complete

0Unrated
Should I continue in a sequel? Please tell me. Because I started it, but don't know if my readers want it to go on! I want you to leave me a comment saying: YES or NO. Thank you and enjoy the last chapter of "Una Mexicana".



It was around four in the afternoon that I scrounged up enough guts to visit Limon. But then I remembered Armando had the rental car so I had to take the bus to LA. Then, catch a taxi to Limon's. Now standing in front of his house I try and think about how I want this to go. I take a calm breath and walk up to the front steps.
I stepped up onto the porch and knocked on his door. "Come in!" I heard. I opened the door and saw Limon on the couch watching TV. "Hey, Ada." He got up and helped me to the couch to sit next to him.
"Limon, I came here to tell you something." I said, leaning my crutches on the coffee table.
"Okay," Limon nodded and shifted his whole body to look and face me.
"Cesar came over last night and we realized something." I began.
"That he still has a small dick?" Limon laughed. I just stared at him. "Okay, sorry. But it's just a guess." He shrugged.
"No! " I frowned.
"That you guys still love each other?" He suggested.
"Yes," I nodded, "but not in the way you think." He just looked at me with confused eyes. "We don't feel that spark and magic we did before."
"But that doesn't mean it's not there forever." He interupted.
"Will you let me finish?" I asked. He just nodded. "We found out that we're not meant to be a couple, together, forever the way everybody thought we'd end up. We're just friends." I paused to let him process everything. "The spark we felt was not real. We needed to feel it because we needed someone. Someone to love and touch and talk to. We wanted it and needed a feeling other than anger and sadness. We wanted and needed a feeling of love that we thought we felt it, but we really didn't. We needed it so bad that it just appeared for us to feel safe and secure." I explained. "But when you kissed me, I felt it. What I was looking for all along! Just in somebody else I thought I couldn't feel anything for except friendship." He just stared at me. "Limon," I took a deep breath. Then let it out with an, "I love you."
"I love you, too, Ada." He smiled and pecked my lips. All the hair on the back stood up. I grinned and bit my lip. "This is all I want." Limon said. "This is all I need." Some more heated kissing and we ended up in his bed.
He pulled his shirt over his head and worked on getting my sweater off. His lips went from my mouth to my neck. He moved down to my stomach and lifted my shirt up to my ribs and saw small purpled bruises from the accident, and kissed them all softly. Then, he rested his head on my stomach. I smoothed his hair back, and we were silent. His fingers traced my bruises that made me giggle, making his head bounce. Then, his fingers wondered to unbutton my jeans. I reached out and stopped his hand. "Limon," I sighed/
"Sorry, I forgot. No sex till marriage." He smiled and kissed my stomach again. Then he came back up to lay next to me to play with my hair.
"It's not that I don't want to, I just can't. These damn casts make it awkward." I said. He just laughed and I frowned. "Don't laugh at me!" I giggled.
"I'm sorry, babe. It's just, I've never heard that before. It's usually because the girl thinks she's fat or she's on the rag." He smiled and laughed some more. Babe. I liked that way he said it to me. But that's not what came out of my mouth.
"So, you have had sex before?" I asked.
"Yeah. It's nothing I'm proud of, but yeah. And don't worry. I ain't got nothing. I always get tested after. That shit is just nasty and not worth a half an hour pleasure." He said. That was a good thing about Limon. He was always extra careful.
"Okay, well I'm not fat. And not on my period. I just want to wait till these things off. And then, maybe." He just nodded and kissed my head. There we just laid on his bed, then drifted to sleep.

Two months later I got my casts off and began physical therapy. Cesar and me hung out every weekend and even double dated with him and his new girl. Limon moved in with me while Valentin and Gordo moved to his pad with his little sisters. Armando and his new girlfriend live together, too, in Lancaster. As far as Angelica and her baby, turns out neither Limon or Armando were the dads but some guy on the soccer team, named Chivo. They both ended up dropping out and moving to Texas. Well, that's what I heard anyway. Everything seemed to be back to normal, except when graduation day came around Celestine found out she was pregnant.
We're at my house, in my room, getting ready for graduation when she says, "Ada, I'm pregnant." I freeze.
"What!?" I asked in surprise. Of all people I thought at least Eliseo would keep it in his pants. She just nodded. "When did you find out?" I asked.
"This morning." She said with her head down.
"Oh, shit!" I laughed.
"Porque te reises?" She smacked me.
"Does Eliseo know?" She just nodded. "That's what you get for not waiting till marriage, bomba!" I joked.
"Pues, nosotros no pueden 'cer santas como tu!" She said. I just smiled.
"Esta enojado contigo?" I asked and she just shook her head.
"No. He's happy. He went and called everyone to tell them. His whole family knows, and is so excited! It's just telling my family which is scary." She said.
"Well, I know your family. They'll be mad at first. But then they'll be excited." I smiled and hugged her. "You're gonna have a baby!" I jumped. She just laughed.
The ceremony was long, but beautiful. And the after at Cesar's was a blast. Although we went to different schools, we graduated the same day and time. Just in different places.
The parties didn't stop till three in the morning. That's when Limon and I went home and laid in my bed in our caps and gowns. "Now what?" Limon asked.
"We begin our real lives filled with love, desire, laughter and happiness." I smiled.
Sign up to rate and review this story