Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > My Name is Violet Rage

34 Desert

by FlyingSmoke 1 review

Finally, D-Day.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-04-21 - Updated: 2011-04-22 - 3301 words - Complete

1Exciting
Desert.

It sprawled out in front of my Army truck, endless desert. Sand covered the road lightly, making it appear to be a part of the desert. The windows to my truck were open, wind whipping everybody’s hair around. I drove down the center of the road, leading the two lines of the hundreds of Killjoy cars down to Battery City, thousands of killjoys packed onto motorbikes and into cars. Everybody’s masks were on, and guns were raised into the air. Never thought there were this many of us, I thought, looking in my rear view mirror at the Death Machine behind me, the impossibly long line of cars making the sky turn a sand color. I smiled at the sight, the tops of my cheeks touching the my bottom of my mask.

The whole car ride was silent was anticipation at what was about to happen. The shadows grew long on the ground, and the sun was beginning its descent into the horizon, right at everybody’s eye level, aside from Fighter and Sun. They were curled up together by the door of my truck, mumbling something and Sun laughed softly. She began singing, something I didn’t recognize.

When I was younger I saw my daddy cry, and curse at the wind,” she sang, enchanting me over here on the other side of the car. “He broke his own heart and I watched as he tried to reassemble it. And my momma swore that she would never let herself forget… And that was the day that I promised, I’d never sing of love, if it does not exist. But darlin’, you are the only exception, you are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception.” Sign started swaying next to me, and I guessed she knew the song too.

Sign began singing. “Maybe I know, somewhere, deep in my soul, that love never lasts. And we’ve got to find other ways to make it alone. Keep a straight face. And I’ve always lived like this, keeping a comfortable distance, and up until now I had sworn to myself that’s I’m content with loneliness…

Sun smiled and they began a duet, still in time. “Because none of it was every worth the risk.

I shrugged and joined in on the chorus, singing softly. “Well you are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception.

I’ve got a tight grip on reality, but I can’t…” Sun sang out, sounding more and more enchanting. “Let go of what’s in front of me here. I know you’re leaving in the morning when you wake up. Leave me with some kind of proof it’s not a dream… Oh oh ohhhh. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception.

Sign joined in again. “You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception. You are the only exception.

Sun began singing softly again. “And I’m on my way to believing. Oh, and I’m on my way to believing,” she finished, I presumed, looking at Fighter. “One of my favorite songs from the old world,” she said, getting a faraway look in her eyes. “I was only five when I heard it, but it stuck with what was happening at the time…” she trailed, biting her lip.

Fighter nodded, looking like a true boyfriend. I shook my head and turned my gaze back to the road. The horizon was growing dark, and I noticed the dark was only one part of the true horizon. “Battery City,” I whispered, smirking and putting pedal to the medal to break the gates of Battery City open. I quickly reached for my radio and turned it on to the normal station Killjoys used pressing the button down. “Killjoys, are you ready?” I asked through the radio, hearing shouts behind my truck and the revving of engines as people behind me sped up to meet my speed. I pressed the button down again, beaming at the fact D-Day was, is, here. “Get ready to shoot…” I said, approaching Battery City’s walls. “Now!” I shouted, pulling out my gun and shooting at the black beams raining down on cars. Killjoys stayed strong though, speeding through it and releasing a torrent of multi-colored light, the black blasts subsiding. “Hell yes!” I yelled along with Sun, Sign, and Fighter, already anxious to kill. “You guys ready for this?” I asked, looking at them.


They all spoke at the same time. Sign smiled, “I have nothing to lose, so bring it on!” Sun smirked, “If I can drink I can kill.” Fighter smiled at me and nodded.

“Good,” I said, driving with intense speed through the streets of the City into the heart of the city, the BLI building. “Just wanna let you guys know, I’ll always remember you guys if any of us die.”

Sign put a hand on my shoulder, looking at me from behind her navy mask. “We’ll make it out, Violet,” she said as the windshield shattered and she slumped back in the seat, dead with a blast through her head.

“Oh hell no!” I screamed, Sun just screaming and Fighter shooting at the buildings around us. “Come out you cowards!”

We finally reached the heart of the city, where a line of Dracs were standing, guns armed and ready. I stopped the truck, it sliding on the dark ground. “Everyone go!” I yelled, opening the door and shooting at the line of Dracs. I jumped on the top of my roof, in plain sight, watching the Killjoys unload and shoot on one side and the Dracs fall on the other, replaced not so fast. “KILLJOYS MAKE SOME NOISE!” I yelled over the crowd, jumping off the roof with a chorus of cheers mixed in with the blasts and ran towards the BLI building, the place I hated most. I stopped and spun, seeing old friends and people I knew ran by me, shooting their lasers and occasionally hitting the ground, hard. “Party!” I yelled, looking around, searching through the multi-colored hair and blasts for an unnatural fire crotch.

An arm wrapped around me and I felt hot breath on my neck. “Right here, Violet,” Party whispered in my ear, taking my hand and running towards the BLI building, which was now surrounded by Killjoys. “I won’t leave you.”

I nodded and smiled a relief smile, thankful that Party was here as my right-arm man. “Do you want to do the honors?” I asked, talking about Korse.

Party shook his head. “You need to, Violet, as much as I want to kill him, you owe it to him,” he said with a smirk and a wink, and we bolted inside as a fresh round of Dracs and Battery City guards were let loose on the wild Killjoys. The BLI guys began falling down again, and I smiled, running into the main lobby of the BLI building.

I turned around, looking for something, anything. The staircase. I smiled and ran towards it, Party right behind me, shooting for me. We have each other’s backs, I couldn’t help but think, shooting a number of Dracs in their bloody faces, not waiting to see them fall before shooting th next one. I got to the stairs and began climbing them two at a time, needing to reach Korse’s office floor.

“Violet, behind you!” I heard Party yell at me, and I turned, facing Tim in the face.

“Fuck you sir,” I said calmly, shooting his smiling face. What the hell?! I asked myself, suddenly a little panicky that I might not make it out because of a Tim clone. I killed him… Three times now… I shook my head, still climbing, and finally Party and I reached the 24th level, Killjoys flooding behind us and still in the lobby, some probably guarding the gates so nobody escapes. I smirked as I did a Van Daame kick on the 24th level door, Killjoys running through the door and shooting as the Dracs and guards tried to push us back and tear us down. “Oh Korse…” I called, walking towards the little charging room I know he had in here. “Where are you?” I asked, sneering and gun in hand, looking ready to kill.

I heard a blast, and a thump behind me, spinning around to see Party fall to the floor, clutching his leg. “Party!” I screamed, dropping to my knees and trying to help him up. A wound was already bleeding through his grey jeans on his left leg, and I felt myself tear up, knowing he was hurt and that I couldn’t fix it. “Where the fuck is Current at times like this…” I whispered, trying to get Party to hobble to a spot against the wall.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I jumped, raising my gun, ready to shoot. Current was behind me, waring a mask I’ve mever seen before. It’s just a thivk strip of electric blue ribbon, blending in with her hair colour and making it appead as if her hair was covering her face. “I got it, Rage,” she said, motioning to Party. I nodded, knowing she could fix him. I didn’t expect her to aim her gun at random spots in the room, shooting once and moving to the next. “Now that the cameras and hidden guns are gone, how’d this happen?” she asked, leaving no room for questions.

I shook my head, trying to form coherent sentences, or words, for that matter. “A blast sounded, and he fell behind me,” I said, a little stunned that Current was going to fix Party right here.

Current nodded and looked up at me. “You need to go fight, Rage, I can take the Dracs alone,” she said, pleading me with her eyes to go and kill Korse. I gulped and nodded, walking away from Current and a cursing Party to the door, taking one last glance and raising my gun again, running out of the room and towards the only other place I thought Korse would be: underground.

I jumped on the banister of the staircase, shooting a Drac and stealing his gun, shooting with both hands, as painful as that was. Dracs fell left and right, and Killjoys ran up and down the stairs, shooting the Dracs and occasionally a guard. My ride down was easy, just simple steering and the occasional shot. I hit the main lobby’s floor, antsy to kill Korse and how many Tim clones there were.

“Baby,” I heard a southern accent say behind me, and I spun, shooting a Tim clone before he stepped closer. Another five Killjoys shot him, the clone falling apart and laying in ruins on the ground. “Killjoys, underground!” I yelled over the crowd, some people following me as I ran through the building, shooting stray Dracs and guards, looking for a staircase, elevator, anything to lead down under ground. Aha! A staircase down below the ground was in plain sight with a bookshelf tossed aside, and I ran towards the opening, running down the stairs with a group of Killjoys yelling behind me.

More Dracs awaited us underground, but it was easy shooting. Man, give me something that’s hard, I thought as I saw a throwing star whizz past me head, sticking in the concrete wall next to me. I began shooting around, instructing the small crowd I had collected to do the same. Another few throwing stars, and a number of Killjoys dropped until it was just me, looking around and seeing no hope. A flash of grey swept past me, and I shot at it, barely moving but still hearing the satisfying thump of a body hitting the floor.

I continued to run through the underground area, not realizing how big it was until I saw a whole car lot under here, thousands of cars parked and idle. “Damn,” I muttered, willing myself not to get distracted by the--- HOLY SHIT, IS THAT A 1959 ASTON MARTIN MARK III?!?! I ran over to the car, looking at the inside. Holy shit, nearly perfect condition! I checked the mileage, and literally squealed in delight. Only 12,361 miles! Annnnnnnnnd, then I felt the nuzzle of a gun against my head.

“Well well, Jennifer, pleasant to see you back here in Battery City. Come to work at your job, or did you forget we allowed the citizens of Battery City take the day off to prepare for tonight?” I heard Korse’s bone chilling voice ask, but I wasn’t afraid. I was actually happy to hear his voice. I meant I was close enough to shoot him with dead precision. “Not speaking, are we?”

I shook my head, smiling. “I’m so glad to hear you’re here, Korse, don’t you know? Oh… Wait… You don’t have any feelings, do you? None towards the Killjoys, none towards the citizens of Battery City, none towards Shockwave Current…”

I felt myself being forced down, on top of the Aston Martin’s hood, and I felt panic rise within me, knowing what this usually meant. “You shut up about Shockwave Current,” Korse said, pressing his gun into my head, a little bit of pain radiating from the spot. “She is not my daughter, and I am not her father.”

“Man, no need to get so…” I paused, thinking of an emotion to bug him with,” DEFENSIVE, now do we, Korse?” I felt my gun, still in my hand, lightly brush up against my leg, and my leg was close to Korse’s leg, so… I smiled and raised the gun up, away from me, and pulled the trigger. Korse’s gun fell off of me, and I was able to stand up again, being careful not to get anymore dust on the hood of the Aston Martin. I turned towards it and raised a finger, leaning forwards just slightly. “I’ll come back for you,” I said, turning back to Korse, who had dropped his gun, yet again, and was withering on the floor. Something inside of my clicked at the sight of his withering, and I smiled sickly, showing all teeth. “You know, Korse,” I said, smiling at him and circling him like a bird does prey, “it’s been awhile since I’ve last killed you. I do wonder, though, how you managed to get back from Zone 7.” I shot his leg, still watching him wither on the ground. “You should have just died the first time.” I shot his other leg, watching him shrink back in robot fear. “Then we would have been rid of you forever.” I shot his head twice, between the eyes and in the mouth, watching as a clear liquid dripped from his head onto the shined concrete ground. I smiled and pulled out Ricky, knowing this was probably the last time I used him, but hey, he’ll be used on Korse. I began the dismemberment of Korse’s body, removing the head, the arms, the legs, the fingers, the tongue, ect, until his body was just a hard empty shell. I smiled, standing up, and wiped my hands on my orange pants, getting this sick idea in my head. Stomp on it. I smirked and stepped on his body, hearing little things crack and burst. I squatted down and jumped in the air, landing on Korse’s shell with a thump and crushing his chest a little. I jumped again, watching his chest cave in after two blows. Weak ass hole, I thought, spitting on the body and walking away, ready to go and fight side-by-side other Killjoys.

I walked upstairs where a roar of cheer greeted me, and I looked around, not realizing I had carried Korse’s head up the stairs with me. I smiled and raised the head, tossing it to the nearest Killjoy, the bartender. “Killjoys, Korse is ghosted!” I yelled, receiving another round of cheering and I ran through the crowd, shooting the occasional Drac and running up the stairs, back to Party and Current.

“Current! Party!” I yelled as I stepped off the stairs into the 24th level, looking around for signs of blood or maybe a body. Nothing. My breath hitched as I thought, No they were just fuckin’ here! Where the fuck did they go!

“Rage!” I heard Current’s voice call, and I walked towards the voice, which seems to be coming from a room that lead off the main office. “In here!” she said, but her voice travelled through walls or something, because I couldn’t go any further.

“Where the fuck are you?” I asked, looking around for a button or something.

“In here, Rage! Just press on the wall, below the clock,” Current’s ghost of a voice said, and I did, hastily pressing the spot below the chrome clock to reveal the wall opening up and Current inside, Party situated on a medical table.

“What the fuck…” I said slowly, taking in all the equipment and lab coats, looking at the fluids and needles, scanning the wall machinery and the tabled loaded with handheld machines. “Who knew the late Korse was such a doctoral person?” Current tilter her head, clearly confused. “I killed Korse, Current,” I said, watching her eyes grow wide as she smiled.

“Holy shit, Rage, that’s awesome! Did you give that ass hole what he deserved?” she asked eagerly, bouncing up and down in delight.

Party huffed from the table, and I snapped back to attention, walking over to him. “Current put you here with all the needles and sharp, pointy objects?” I asked, smiling at the fact that he was taking this like a man.

Party let out a breathy snort and rolled his eyes. “I wish. I’m just not screaming because my head’s killing me,” he said, rubbing his face with his hands and taking off his mask to look at me. “Violet, can Killjoys marry?” he asked me, looking at me with something in his eyes, something I couldn’t quite put my finger on.

I bit my lip and thought for a second, sitting on the table beside Party and pushing the hair out of his hazel eyes. “I don’t know, Party, things are changing for Killjoys,” I said as an answer, shrugging. “We just ghosted Korse for good, took over the BLI building, and are now in the process of killing off every single Drac and guard here. Why?”

Party sighed and smiled a little. “Because I wanna marry you, Violet. I want you to be mine and mine only. We can live anywhere, do anything, but I want to be yours,” he said, looking me in the eye with love. “I’ve realized I can’t go without you, even when I get angry or depressed. You and I need to be together.”

“Awh,” I heard Current say, and I looked at her, eyebrows raised and expression saying ‘say that again and face a Violet Rage death’. She coughed after seeing my face and looked down at the ground. “Sorry,” she muttered. “Couldn’t help it.”

I smirked at her, pursing my lips. I looked at Party, who was still staring at me. I sighed and laid down next to him on the table, being careful not to bump his left leg. “You and I will be together,” I whispered, looking him in the eye and kissing him.
Sign up to rate and review this story