Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Breaking Ties

Connection

by brynn_parker 3 reviews

...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-05-23 - Updated: 2006-05-24 - 1447 words

1Moving
Chapter 18: Connection

By: Brynn Parker

----

When I woke up again a few hours later to see Inuyasha lying next to me, I was a little shocked.

OK, that's an understatement.

When I found out that he wasn't clothed, everything came rushing back to me...last night...his kisses, his skin against mine. It was still as beautiful as it had seemed, thankfully. However, it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I sat up and looked around at the room in the sunlight. It was a nice little hotel...holy crap, how could I be thinking this now. I didn't know what I was supposed to do. I knew I loved Inuyasha and that I was definitely going to spend the rest of my life with him...I'd known for a long time. But I hadn't expected this to happen. I hadn't been ready.

What if I was pregnant? That wouldn't be good, considering that I was in the midst of a battle with a demon.

Inuyasha chose that moment to open his eyes. I smiled at him, even though I was worried about the dilemma that this could most certainly cause. I didn't regret it...but it could still be a problem.

"Kagome..." he muttered, apparently a little drowsy. His eyes narrowed in concern. "What's wrong?"

"It's nothing..." I said, shaking my head. I was still smiling - and probably blushing too - this was just so weird...

"You have nothing to worry about," he said soothingly, sitting up to be at my level and stroking my hair affectionately. I loved every minute of it, but there was still that nagging voice at the back of my mind, telling me that everything had to stop soon...that there was a possibility Inuyasha and I would be torn apart...

"I know something's wrong," he said, that familiar annoyed tone in his voice.

"I'm just afraid we'll be separated..."

"Kagome, no," he said firmly, "Demons mate for life..."

"I don't mean life, Inuyasha," I answered.

He was quiet for a moment before he looked her in the eyes again. "You trust me, right? I've escaped death plenty of times before, right?"

"I'm still worried."

"Well, you shouldn't be." He leaned forward to kiss me and my mind started spinning again. I just wanted to be kissing him, to be as close to him as I could. All thoughts of Silvana were gone.

Inuyasha put his hand on my collar bone and a sudden spark there made me pull away from him and glance at it. What...?

"It's a mating mark," Inuyasha said huskily, explaining the blue crescent that seemed to be tattooed on my shoulder, "It's where I bit you last night...don't you remember?"

No, I didn't remember. I almost started laughing...had I been that dazed? "I, uh...I don't remember that actually..." I said sheepishly. I couldn't believe I didn't remember...

Inuyasha smiled proudly, "I was that good?"

I laughed and pushed him over, kissing him again.

----

We made love again before going back to sleep. I guess I needed some way to relax, even if it was a little unconventional. Yori hadn't said to come back for a couple of days anyway...right? It was hard to think when I was in Inuyasha's arms. I fell asleep held tight against his chest, his warm breath puffing out against the back of my head.

----

When I woke up again, Inuyasha was sitting up and looking down at me, his hand fondly touching the mark on my shoulder. His golden eyes shone with conflicting emotions, and I realized that it was probably about time we got back to town. "Yori called," he said quietly.

"You got my phone to work?" I asked. He smiled, obviously mellowed out a bit after the past twenty-four hours.

"Of course I did...well..." he sighed, rolling his eyes, "What I was really trying to do was turn it off, but I couldn't get the damned thing to stop."

I laughed. That was so perfectly Inuyasha. "And she wants us to come back," I said. I knew what the answer was; it wasn't a question.

"She said she found a way to make Silvana's spell not work on us. She said you need to do it because of your miko powers."

"Alright," I said, sitting up and kissing him lightly, "So I guess we're going back."

"I guess we are."

----

"Hello?"

"Tiva, it's Kagome."

"Oh, hey. You're on your way back?"

I was calling Tiva from the car as Inuyasha munched down on some snacks we'd picked up at a gas station a little while back. My roommate sounded tired. "Yeah, I'm on my way back," I answered, "Has anything else happened?"

"More people have disappeared...a lot more," Tiva said, "Twenty in just two days...and I'm afraid this monster is killing them." She sighed. "Yori's been staying over here...and I had a run-in with psycho Steve the other day...I just can't get a grip on the fact that this is the same guy."

"I don't know how that happened, Tiva," I said, "Maybe..." I thought about it. Any number of things could have happened to the real Steve. "He might be possessed or something...I don't really know. I'm sure we'll figure things out once we kill Silvana."

"Still can't believe I'm talking about this with my seemingly normal roommate."

"Sorry."

"Don't be. It's the way things are...it just seems like I'm going to wake up at any moment."

"Imagine how I feel," I said, laughing a little.

"Well it seems like you're in a good mood..." Tiva said. I could just hear it; she was using that Miroku-ish tone of voice again. "You and Inuyasha..."

"Um..."

"Tell that bitch to stop talking about me," Inuyasha grumbled, "I can hear everything."

"He can probably hear me, can't he?" Tiva said, laughing, "Sorry...not used to that either." She couldn't speak Japanese, but I was sure she could hear his loud complaining.

"Yeah, he can," I said, "But he doesn't understand most of it, so if you don't say his name, you'll be fine."

"Oh well, I'll just talk to you later, OK?" Tiva said, "Yori wants to meet you here when you get back...and she told me I should probably get out of town."

"So are you going?"

"Hell yes," Tiva answered, snorting, "I'll be back when ya'll finish this creature off though. I don't want to be around here for whatever it's planning."

----

When we got back to the dorm it was already dark outside, and it gave me the creeps to walk around out on campus. The trees made it look like something was going to jump out at us at any minute, but Inuyasha's hand on mine comforted me.

Yori gave me a small card with some Japanese characters on it and I chanted them out loud. I could feel the miko power in me and it felt...great. It was familiar and warm. I felt like maybe the mating mark on my shoulder was also adding to my power. The power coursing through me left me energized, unlike usual, when it would tire me out. I could feel Inuyasha's presence the whole time.

By the time Inuyasha and I had been made immune to Silvana's spell, I was so much more confident that I felt like I could go out and fight her right then...of course, that would have been a bad idea, so I didn't. But at least I felt like I could.

"We should all get some rest now," Yori said, "But just until about midnight...a couple hours. I'm going to go out and train. You two do what you can to get ready for battle."

"Thanks," I said under my breath.

This could be the last time I would ever be alone with Inuyasha...

At this point I thought it was unlikely, but I was still scared.

It was only moments before I fell into his arms.

----

Author's Note: This was mostly a filler chapter before we get into the big battle...which is going to suck, probably, because I can't write action scenes worth a damn...but anyway, I hope you liked. I thought it had some good material. And I know it's not really that long, but it's longer than some of the chapters I've written. So please review! Summer is starting and I'll be updating more often, and this is going to be the first I finish, I hope. I'm working on three other projects as well right now. So...tata until next time. Sorry this one took so long!

REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW REVIEW

--Brynn
Sign up to rate and review this story