Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Keep Running, Killjoys

Awake Again, Part 4

by Fatalfashionista 0 reviews

A.J. Has to make his choice. PLEASE R&R!!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor,Romance,Sci-fi - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2011-05-04 - Updated: 2011-05-04 - 1958 words - Complete

0Unrated
I woke up again when I felt something cold on my forehead, I opened my eyes, all bleary. I looked up to see my love wiping my forehead with a rag. She saw me open her eyes and smiled sheepishly. I smiled as best I could, though it might have turned out as a grimace. She looked down.
“So...you came back.” She whispered.
“Yeah.” I croaked. “You didn't think I would?”
“Well, with the pills and all...” but she didn't get to finish. Just then a man with bright red hair and a blue jacket walked in.
“All right, is he awake?” He bent down and stared into my eyes with his hazel ones.
“Yeah,” Trinity smiled and stood up. “I was just...”
“I need to talk to him, alone, Fatal. I know you knew this guy for a while, but we need to know why he's here.”
I looked at him. A while? What, fifteen years was only a while? I looked up pleadingly at Trinity, or Fatal, if that was her nickname. She looked at me back pleadingly also, but with a different request.
“Okay, Poison,” She answered, “But should I bring in the other guys with me?”
“The thing is, Fatal, I don't think you should be in here.”
“What?” She looked at Poison shocked, “But I found him! Karma and Kobra found me and they talked to me along with you.”
“Yes, I know, but this isn't like when you were found.”
“Isn't it?”
“No, you were found unconscious and I was called right away. You also were in killjoy clothes right away, and you were ready to give information. I don't know if he is any of that.”
“I can prove he is, if you let me stay.”
“I can't do that.”
She sighed. “Should I get the other guys?”
“No, I'm good.” He smiled at her.
“Fine.” She said, and walked out. She didn't, however, close the door all the way, and I could see into the next room. There was a little wall halfway blocking my view, and then an exit to outside. Trinity sighed and leaned against the side of the exit. She looked so beautiful when she was whistful. Then, the man in the yellow shirt and the green jacket sauntered over ans started talking to her. She grinned and talked back. I had no idea what they were saying, but my watching didn't last long, because the red haired man, or Poison, as Trinity called him stood right in my way and started talking.
“Are you willing to answer any question I ask?”
I looked up at him. “Yep,” I said, not very happy about this whole thing.
“Then you won't mind if I connect this to you. He wrapped what was a lie detector on my fingers. Then he sat down on the chair across from me. “So, why did you come here.”
“To warn Trin....I mean Fatal about what BLInd was up to, and to see her again because I missed her.”
He looked at me intrigued, “You know Fatal Fashionista's real name?”
“Yes.”
“What is it?”
“I don't believe I should tell you without her permission, since she hasn't told you yet.”
“Is it Trinity?”
“How did you find that out?”
“Come on! What other name starts with Trin...”
“Touche.” I leaned back in the chair and looked at him curiously. He was way smarter then I thought he was. “What's your name?”
“I'm Party Poison.” He said stubbornly. Aha! Now I knew why he slightly looked familiar. He was part of the four leader Killjoys.
“Okay.” I said. I knew his actual name now, so there was no need to tell him.
“Were you bugged?”
“I was, but I put the tracker on a lizard. They probably figured it out now, but I got here unseen.”
“I see. What did you come here to tell Fatal?”
“Well, I came here to tell her not you. Maybe if she was in the room...”
He sighed and rubbed his face. “Fine, FATAL, GET IN HERE NOW!”
Trinity came bouncing in, like she was waiting for the call. “Yeah?”
“The man here wants to tell you something desperately.”
“Alone.” I added.
“Alo...Wait.” He glared at me. “You said if she was in the room.”
“I also said if she was. I never said you also.”
“I thought it was implied.”
“You thought wrong.” Trinity was standing there, trying not to grin, but looking confused also, and as always, looking amazingly lovely.
Poison glared at both of us, then stood up. “Fine, five minutes. That's all.”
“Good.” I answered. “That's all I need.”
When he left the room, Trinity laughed. “Wow, you're here not for five minutes, and I feel fifteen again.”
I smiled widely. “We had known each other for three years. I miss those days.”
She looked at me, “You could have them back. Pranking the brandons and luciouses.”
I shook my head, “Attacking and pranking are two entirely different things, Trin.”
She looked at me half mad, and half curious. Uh oh, I knew this look. “ One: Don't call me my real name unless I tell you it's okay. I'm Fatal Fashionista now, and I did earn that name. Two: We attack only when attacked.”
I laughed, “Sure.”
“What was it that you wanted to tell me?”
I knew small talk time was over. “Fine, you see, the pills that I was helping make apparently are not as good as Brandon cut it out to be. You see, these pills are for them to become immortal.”
She stared at me in disbelief. I knew she was tongue tied. In shock probably no less.
“Yes, and not only that, but they were going to give them to only their, 'closest of kin'.”
“Meaning you, but....not me.” She frowned and looked at the table.
“Yes.” I looked down also. “I didn't want a world without you, so I decided to come to you for a bit of mischief making against my cousin.” I saw her smile a bit. “But you weren't there. So, I was brought...” I shuddered, “to Brandon and he explained about how you left. I was so angry about how he tried to kill you, I ran off. I was riding for two days and barely any sleep before I found you...” I cut off. Not wanting to recount the whole yelling at the red man thing. But I had to know who he was. “Who...who was the man who was holding you when I came?” I tried to keep my voice controlled.
“Just...just a friend.” She tried to sound assuring, but I knew what she meant. That was a surprise to her. She didn't know he was going to embrace her.
“I see. Who is he, though?”
“Kobra Kid.”
I looked at her, shocked. “You mean the whole gang is here?”
“Yes,” she said, and was about to go on when Poison barged in the room. Yelling back at the door. “You keep me back like that again, Ghoul, and we'll see who's gun is down your gut.”
Trinity smirked. Poison walked up to her and grabbed her by the arm. She winced. So, she still had sensitive arms. It was because of the way the shelter crashed on her when I found her fifteen years ago. The boards had rubbed her skin raw to the point where there was only a thin layer of skin left. Now, she had skin over it, but it was still really sensitive. I guess Trinity didn't want to reveal that to the rest of the group. She didn't want them to think that she had a weakness.
“We need to talk.” Poison said, and dragged her out. Locking the door behind me. I thought about going and listening at the door, but thought better of it. I didn't want to risk them thinking Trinity told me to and get her in trouble. Finally the door opened and both Trinity and Poison came in.
“Okay, crash-queen, what will it be, killjoy or no?” Poison stared at me.
“Uhhh, what?”
“Do you want to be a killjoy or not?”
I looked at Trinity, who looked so hopeful. What would they do if I didn't accept? I don't think they would drop me back off at the city, and I didn't want to go back anyway. What would it be like to do what she did? I saw Trinity give me a pleading look. “Yes, I will become one.”
“Okay, we'll test you tomorrow. We've got time.”
Trinity looked shocked at Poison, “You gave me a couple days before I did, and he gets only a night?”
“He can handle it.” Poison walked out of the room, calling back, “You tell him, he faces the punishment.”
Trinity shuddered. She looked at me and tried to smile. “It's really not that bad. It's scary at first, but if you just keep believing in yourself, you should be okay.”
I wanted to ask her what she meant, but I remembered Poison calling out for her not to tell. If that was the cost of staying with my love, then I would do it any day. She looked at me again, with some excitement in her eyes.
“Can I show you something?”
I smiled at her, “Sure! But, before that, can I get into some good clothes?”
She laughed, “Of course.”
After being properly dressed in some blue jeans and gray shirt and orange coat. (colors were mandatory) We went outside. There was the trans-am, gleaming in the sunlight, and some old bikes over by a shed. Trinity hopped on a bike and patted the seat behind her. I hopped on. We drove through the desert for a while, and I marveled at how beautiful the desert could actually get. As I was riding, I realized my coat was leather. I loved leather as a kid. I wore it all the time. Then it was banned a few years into the making of the city. That was a sad day. The sun was almost setting, giving the desert a fiery look. I almost wanted to call teasingly to Trin...I mean Fatal about if we were there yet, but I help myself back. I didn't want to know. I wanted to hold onto her forever. Then we suddenly stopped. There was nothing around, but far away, there was an old lean-to kind of shack. I wondered why we didn't drive up to it. Fatal got off, and my I say, she looked so amazing on a bike, and touched my arm.
“Stay here, okay?”
I nodded, willing to do anything she pleased.
She walked over to the lean-to, got in, then I heard a screeching of tires. Out of the lean-to came a brilliant sight. A black Volkswagen Beetle came almost spinning around the desert. It had a purple paint job, which I assumed was Fatal's work. There was only one spot in the back where a tan color showed. It must have been the part she wasn't finished with yet. She drove up to me, passenger seat to my side. I was bent over cracking up. This was just the kind of thing Fatal would do. She grinned widely at me through the window.
“Hop in and help me finish it!”
I jumped in and we drove over to the lean-to. Inside were cans and bottles of paint. There were a couple of fans and a weird kind of gadget hanging on the wall, about eye level. Trinity and I got out, and got to work. We worked for a few hours, getting on the black, drying it off, and then putting on purple designs.
Sign up to rate and review this story