Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Half a Goddess 2

On the Road Again

by Elsask 1 review

Helen for once thinks life is going normal, but it turns out she will take a step the other direction.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2006-05-24 - Updated: 2011-12-18 - 1369 words

1Exciting
Thanx to all who reviewed I would like to see more, but I'll survive without. :D anyways, I was wondering for a title...Never Say Goodbye or Things I'll Never Say. I kind of like them both.

"Hermes, you wanted to talk to me?" Helen asked gently as she sat down beside Hermes.

"Helen, I am not sure if you will like this news but, your mother has requested that you return home." Hermes said sadly. "And you won't be coming back."

"What?!" Helen demanded after a short pause. "For the first time in my life I have had friends I can trust and they know who I am..." Then she whispered. "Almost." She paused. "I have been able to go to school for over five full months already. Longer than I have at any other school. I am not in hiding or running from place to place. Hermes you know that and what about the secret? What will stop me now from turning onto that path?!"

"We'll will handle that when it is needed, Helena." He said gravely. Hermes looked at her concerned. "I understand Helen but you know your mother, she is very demanding, and you know how she is when she is mad." Hermes looked a little scared just thinking about it.

"Maybe if Hebe were here things would be different." Helen said slumping in the chair.

"My dear, you know the truth, she has been gone for over a year already, gallivanting somewhere." Hermes told her patting her on the head, trying to comfort her. Always the most immature of all of us, never could accept her duties, do I ever feel sorry for Herc. (1)

"I know, but..." Helen calmed down but seems very sad inside. "I wish I didn't have to leave." Whispered Helen. She was almost on the verge of crying.

"Well I better pack up." She got up and walked towards the doors slouching.

"I'll arrange a ride to pick you up!" Hermes called out.

She walked out into the foyer and she turned around to see the place she had called home for a several months. Helen looked at the warm and comfortable place the gods and goddesses had created for themselves. The light gleamed through the glass pane window shedding a cordial radiance.

She took one long gaze at the place. She sulkily turned around and left the home of the Olympian gods for the last time in a long while.

Goodbye Olympia High.



Helen looked at her suitcase as she started to pack her stuff, sniffling. She glanced over at a picture of her and the whole gang, with a new tearstain smudging it. Helen moaned sullenly as she packed the picture into her suitcase. It wasn't fair she had to leave, where would it be now? Greece again? New Brunswick? She did NOT want to leave Herry; it would utterly break her heart, as it was beginning to already. She didn't want to leave his gentle warmth embrace on those cold rainy nights she enjoyed so much. Why couldn't she just have a normal life like a normal teenager? Play sports with your friends (which were always dramatized) (2), go shopping, work your heart out to accomplish something, laid-back weekends, (3) a normal family. Helen envied that teen girl so deeply inside. If she was normal, none of her life would have gone this way, but then again she would have never met Herry.

It was bothering her, she had a deep dark feeling something terrible was going to happen. Worst thing was, it was her darkest secret that was worrying on her, she could feel her destiny tugging at her. The secret, the one that only her, the Oracle, Hermes and Hera had heard so far...did Cronus know it? Ever since that day, she didn't see the world the same, feeling that maybe, just maybe she could injure the ones she held close and dear. What if? The secret was harassing her mind trying to tell her it was time, it wasn't time, it just wasn't. She denied so deeply, but how can you deny fate?

"Helen?" Theresa walked in.

Helen frantically tried to hide her suitcase by standing in front of the large bag.

"Helen, where are you going?"

Helen took a great sigh. "Don't tell Herry, but I am leaving." She paused. "For good."

"You can't leave though! You are pretty much a part of the team." Theresa argued.

"I wish I could stay, but my mom says different." Helen uttered cheerlessly.

"Oh Helen." Theresa cried. "Shouldn't you tell Herry?"

"No please, it would be easier on him if I was gone when he knew."

"Well, I will miss you, I think everyone will." Theresa gloomily replied, putting her hand on Helen's shoulder.

"Thanx, tell everyone I will miss them too."

"I will." Theresa managed a weak smile.

"Here, give this to Herry after I am gone." Helen handed an envelope to Theresa with neat handwriting written across, /Herry/.

Just moments earlier Helen had finished that letter. That letter was essential. It was what Helen would call one of her famous 'goodbye letter'. She was never good with saying goodbye just saying 'hello', she had handed these type of letters to her friends just like this because she had to leave at once. This letter was different though, this confessed many things she had kept secret from Herry that he had to know, maybe it would change what he thought about her.

Helen looked at her field hockey stick leaning against the wall in the corner with the ball lingering beside it.

"I think I am going to go for a quick walk by myself."

"Okay well I guess this is bye, if I don't see you yet." Theresa gave her a hug, Helen hugged back. "Take care."

"You know I will." Helen grinned. At least I'll try my hardest. "You look after Herry though okay?"





Helen walked downstairs with field hockey stick and ball in hand. Herry was watching sports on the television with the guys. She sat on the edge of the coach she looked deep into the chocolate brown eyes of Herry's, almost every time her heart seemed to beat faster.

"I am going for a walk." Helen told them. She pushed the hair away from her face, closed her eyes, and gave Herry a sweet simple kiss on the cheek. "see you."

Herry with a smile gently rubbed his cheek looking into her eyes, he then pulled her and laid her across his lap. Helen wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling happily, this would probably be the last time she was this type of joyfulness in a long time. How can I fake it so easily, that everything is okay? It is not okay. Helen leaned in again except this time she kissed him on the mouth - loving and caring. Helen smiled inside; every time was like the first, in a good way. That was one thing of the things Helen had to say Herry was good at that didn't have to deal with supernatural powers, kissing.

"Whoa, what was that for?" Herry asked gladly.

"No reason." She gave him one of her already famous sweet smiles. Oh Herry it feels like whenever I am with you I could tell you all of my secrets. Even though, I can't.

"Do you want me to come too?"

"No, you don't have to. You have to watch your baseball team win."




(1) In mythology, Hercules was said to be married to Hebe, the goddess of youth. Since some people think the young are restless and such I characterized Hebe into that perspective.

(2) This is referring to that pretty much everyone had special abilities when she played casually with her friends(titans crew), so it was pretty hard to have a normal game, like Herry having super strength, Atlanta being super fast etc.

(3) Helen never used her powers to do simple tasks but the gods insisted so she became more of what she really was, of her heritage, so she really never had to work too hard at something, plus many things came naturally, even though Helen did use her powers at minimum, secretly.




Sign up to rate and review this story