Categories > Original > Romance

Just A Coach Journey

by insert_name_here 0 reviews

You can find out a lot on just a coach journey...

Category: Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-05-07 - Updated: 2011-05-07 - 774 words

0Unrated

We were on the coach. I hesitated by the seat next to Max. 
"Are you sure? I'm sure you'd rather sit next to Hanna..." I asked - Hanna's his girlfriend...
"No, I want you to sit here. I was sitting next to Hanna until a minute ago, anyway." He assured me. I took the seat and looked at him. His gaze met my eyes.
"What's up?" He asked. He'd noticed my melancholy mood.
"Is Hanna pissed off at me?" I asked, changing the subject. 
"Well, she thinks you like me. She's heard the rumors... And she said something about the way you look at me... But, yeah." I broke off from the eye contact. "Seriously though, what's up?" I sighed.
"What... What if those rumors... Are true?" I looked into his eyes. The look in his eyes changed. 
"H-Holly..." He choked out my name. "I... I thought they were just rumors..." He took my hand. "Is there anything I can do to make it easier?"
In my head I was yelling, crying. 
"Well... You could try to keep the lovey stuff to a minimum when I'm around..." I'd been sitting behind them earlier, and having to watch them... It was unbearably painful. 
"I... I'm sorry. I thought... I thought they were just rumors..." his voice wavered. 
"It's okay... Because, Max, I-I care about you." His hand found mine. "And if you and Hanna are good together, that's... That's all that matters. As long as you're happy... I'm good." My voice cracked a little. There was a silence. 
"Y'know..." Max his voice cracking, too. "That was really sweet." 
Our hands tightened together. We were staring into each others eyes. 
"And, just remember..." I said to him. "If she ever hurts you, or you break up... I'll still be here."   


How pissed off is Hanna right now?" I asked. He thought for a second. 
"Five out of ten." 
"What would make her ten out of ten?"
"Probably..." He hesitated. "If I broke up with her."
I understood. Hanna has serious anger issues. 
"Hey! Let's play Truth or Dare!" Jake, who was sitting in front of us butted in. 
"Uh... Okay..." 
After a few tedious dares, one came up.
"I dare you..." Jake paused to think. "I dare you to kiss Holly!" 
"Hey... I have a girlfriend..." Max protested. 
"Only on the cheek!" Jake exclaimed. "That's just like a friend kiss! Anyway, when you're playing rugby, you're basically kissing other people's arses!" 
I sighed - I didn't expect him to do it...
I was taken by surprise when Max leaned over, and kissed me on the cheek.
"Aww, you're blushing!" Jake said to me. "Now I dare you to kiss him! Only on the cheek!" 
"But..." I mumbled. "I don't know how to..."
"Sure you do!" Said Jake.
"But... He doesn't want me to..." Max didn't say anything. 
"Go on!" Encouraged Jake. 
I leaned over, and kissed him. 
But, they were just dares. 


"I... I should tell you..." Said Max. "Up until I was going out with Hanna... I liked you. Ever since you came to this school." 
He took my hand. I looked into his eyes, and sighed. 
"But... I was too busy chasing after that guy..." I gestured at Alex, a boy who'd previously held my attention - he'd rejected me. "I missed my chance..."
"I didn't have a chance with you." Max said. "That's why... I gave up."
I sighed. 
"Are you okay?" Max asked, concerned. "You look like you're going to cry." 
"I-I'm fine." 
"Hey-" Jake butted in again. "Dan just sent a note to Hanna telling her you're holding hands!" 
The note came back, with Hanna's handwriting added to it:
'Seriously?'
Max scrumpled the note up and threw it on the floor. 


"Are you... Are you feeling like this is awkward right now?" Max asked.
"Uh... Not really..." I replied.
"I do... For a reason that I don't really know how to say..."
"What?" 
"I... I like you." 
Our eyes were locked, and our hands entwined. 
"But..." He continued. "Things with Hanna... I couldn't... I can't...-"
"I understand." I said, my voice quiet.
"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." 
"It's okay. You and Hanna... You're three months, going strong-" 
"But, we're not..." He cut me off. "We're going... Pretty weak, actually. She... She doesn't trust me."
There was a silence. 
"Still... I can't break up with her. I'm sorry." He sounded so sad. "But... Maybe next year... You and me..."
"One day..." I said. "One day this will work out." 
"One day." 
He leaned over, and kissed me. 
No dare. 





I know it's short and not very detailed... Please review :)x
Sign up to rate and review this story