Categories > Movies > X-Men: The Movie > Lights Out

Chapter 6

by Nuada 0 reviews

See Chapter 1.

Category: X-Men: The Movie - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2011-05-13 - Updated: 2011-05-13 - 524 words - Complete

0Unrated
A week went by and no one went looking for them. A month went and Chris sort of relaxed. For all the crap that had happened Chris was on Anxiety medication. He couldn't stand it; he thought it made him weak. Wade understood it better than anyone. Chris had been terrified of Creed before he had done anything to warrant his own death sentence. Now he was petrified that Creed had somehow survived the house fire and would come back for revenge. To try and calm him down they moved as far away as they could without leaving the country.

Wade sat in the living room reflecting on everything that had happened and watching Chris out of the corner of his eye. Chris seemed oblivious to everything as he watched the news; searching for any sign that Creed had survived. And as usual there was none. Wade had been so lost in his thoughts that he didn't realize that Bolt had turned his attention from the television to Wade.

Chris thought that it was odd that Wade was staying with him. He had thought that he was lucky that Wade had decided to see him in his trailer when he had. He had thought it was some level of compassion and human decency that had made him stay with him while at the hospital and in his home. He knew that revenge had made it easy for him to kill Creed.

"Chris, are you okay?" Wade offered a small smile as he saw the blush creep into his friend's face.

Chris turned back to the television. He was embarrassed at being caught. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you satisfied with the news?"

Chris started chewing on his bottom lip. "Yeah." There were a million thoughts cascading through Chris' mind. The first was a total What the fuck! He shook his head. I am not attracted to Wade. There's no way. It has to be just the stress. The feelings that I think that I'm feeling are just a reaction to him saving my life, that means that the feelings will go away. I am not in love with that man.

Wade watched the several different emotions play across Chris' face as he struggled with himself. Wade smiled, he thought it was funny that Chris thought that he was fooling anyone. He couldn't count how many times he's woken in the middle of the night with Chris clinging to him. Chris had sworn that he didn't remember climbing into Wade's bed and that he must have been sleep walking.

Wade knew that Chris would never say anything. He had this weird idea that he wasn't desirable to anyone. He knew that he'd have to let him down gently without destroying him. He normally didn't care about people or their feelings but this was his best friend.

Chris, on the other hand, had figured it out. He had rationalized it out in his head and he knew what he had to do. He could feel the tears burning his eyes. He took a deep breath, and then he shut the window and walked out of the room.
Sign up to rate and review this story