Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Surviving High School

~*~Oh....Kodak Moment...~*~

by Rebel009 4 reviews

Chapter Four

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Inuyasha, Kagome - Published: 2006-05-25 - Updated: 2006-05-26 - 1469 words

0Unrated
Chapter Four

Monday Morning

"Hey Sango, what's the matter? You seem very quiet today," Kagome stated, putting her books in her locker. Sango sighed and gripped the combination lock of her own locker.

"Oh, nothing really. I guess it's just, Homecoming is this weekend and Miroku..." Sango trailed off. Kagome smiled sadly.

"Still hasn't asked you?"

"No, and I'm beginning to wonder if he doesn't want to go with me."

"I highly doubt that," Kagome said. Sango opened her locker and gasped. Inside there was a white stuffed bear holding a rose in it's paws. It wore a red T-shirt which read in white letters, 'Will you go to homecoming with me?'. Sango felt a tap on her shoulder and she turned to find Miroku grinning. Inuyasha and Kagome were beside them, watching for her reaction. Sango smiled and hugged her boyfriend.

"Oh...Kodak moment," Kagome said, framing the couple with her fingers. Inuyasha smirked and hit her lightly on the head with a notebook.

"Thank you, Miroku." Sango said. Miroku shook his head.

"Kagome gave me the idea." he replied. Kagome only shrugged.

"Yes, probably because she's never been asked herself," called a shrill voice from down the hallway. Kikyo and a couple of her so called 'friends' came towards the group. Kikyo shoved Kagome into a row of lockers and latched herself onto Inuyasha's arm. She smiled seductively.

"So Yasha, are you gonna ask me to the dance?" Inuyasha growled and yanked his arm away. He rushed over to Kagome who was rubbing her shoulder.

"Are you okay?" he asked, concerned. She smiled softly.

"Oh, I'm alright. No big deal." Suddenly the PA system cracked.

"KAGOME HIGURASHI, PLEASE REPORT TO THE DEAN'S OFFICE IMMEDIATELY, THANK YOU!!" Kagome raised an eyebrow.

"What? I haven't done anything yet," she muttered.
"Keyword being yet," Inuyasha said, laughing slightly.

"Shut it!!" she snapped playfully before disappearing down the halls. Inuyasha turned to Kikyo and growled again.

"I thought I told you to stay the hell away from her, slut. You ain't got the right to talk to Kagome that way!!" he snarled.

"Aww, did I make the little bitch cry again. She just can't except the fact that no guy in their right mind would want her." Kikyo laughed.

"Shows a hell of a lot you know. FYI, Kagome's has been asked to the dance, about a hundred times every year, more than you ever will be. She just turns them all down. Now why don't you get lost before I break your face!!" Sango said, cracking her knuckles for emphasis. Kikyo snorted, snapped her fingers, and stomped away with the two silent girls running behind her.

"Snob," Miroku muttered.

"Sango?" Inuyasha asked. She looked at him. "What did you mean Kagome turned them all down? She really has been asked by tons of other guys?" Sango's eyes widened slightly and she looked at Miroku for help. He just shrugged. She sighed.

"Kagome's been getting invitations to be a homecoming date for the past three weeks, I've lost count on how many. She always just turns them down, nicely of course, but rejects them just the same. It's been that way for every dance, even turnabout, strangely enough."

"Why would she do that?" Sango looked hesitant, as if trying to make a very important decision.

"She's gonna kill me, but you might as well know. Inuyasha, the reason she never goes to the dance as someone's date is because she'd rather go with particular person, even if it's only as friends," Inuyasha eyes widened. "Yeah, she wants be with you. It's the same exact reason why you've never asked anyone yourself. Miroku and I both know that you care about Kagome a lot. It may even go as far as loving her. What you don't know is how she feels, right?" Inuyasha tensed, sighed, and nodded his head. There was no sense in denying it.

"Well, I can't tell you her true feelings, because I don't know for sure. She has to do that on her own, the same for you. All I can say is that, someone needs to make the first move, and I don't think it's gonna be her. If you really want to get together, you gotta tell her. And you'd better do it quick." And with that Sango and Miroku walked toward their first period class, leaving Inuyasha alone to battle with his thoughts.

'You mean I gotta make the first move. Okay, but how? Wait, I got an idea!! But I gotta go talk to Kaede,' he thought.

*********/After School Dive Meet/***********
The scoreboard cleared and Kagome walked up to the high dive, pulling her hair into a high ponytail. She was about to start up the ladder when Coach Kaede's voice boomed over the announcer's microphone.

"WE WILL CONTINUE THIS MEET IN A MOMENT BUT SOMEONE VERY SPECIAL WOULD LIKE TO ASK MS. HIGURASHI A QUESTION BEFORE SHE BECOMES TOO DAMP!!"

Kagome's eyes widened in confusion as she looked around, Inuyasha appeared at her side. He grabbed her by the shoulders and gently turned her towards the scoreboard, which now instead of numbers flashed letters. 'WILL U GO 2 HC WITH ME'. Kagome turned back to Inuyasha, shock written on her face. He had been nervous about this moment, ever since he had discussed with Ms. Kaede his plan, he wasn't sure how she was going to react, he wasn't even completely sure how he was going to ask her. But now that his eyes had locked on her own, all the fear and doubt that had plagued his mind had vanished, it was just him and her.

"Kagome, I've known you practically all my life. You're my best friend, you're my family, and as time went on my feelings kept growing stronger and stronger until I realized that I no longer thought of you as friend. You mean so much to me, you're my life. Whenever I'm not near you, I'm always worrying about you, you're always on my mind. I've felt this way for a long time, I was just always too afraid to come out and say it, afraid that you would turn me down. I still am a little afraid, but two people told me that hiding wasn't helping anything. And their right. So I'm asking you now, will you be my date, and my girlfriend?" Kagome was certain that if she didn't do something soon, she was gonna burst into tears. Instead, she poured out her heart to him, just like he had for her.

"Inuyasha, I don't exactly know what to say except that the things that you said are exactly identical to what my feelings are for you. You're my life too, all I care about is you. I've always depended on you to be there for me when I needed someone, and you have. You've never let me down, and I don't think you ever will." Tears started to fall down her cheeks. "I'd don't know what I'd do I you ever left. That's why I never had the courage to go up and tell you how much I cared. I was always afraid that if I did, you would laugh or go away forever, and I couldn't bear to lose you over a stupid mistake like that. You mean the entire world to me." Inuyasha brought his hand up to her cheek and wiped away her tears.

"So... does that mean that you.." he started.

"Yes, I'll be your girlfriend." Inuyasha smiled and hugged Kagome tightly to his chest.

"I love you, Kagome." he whispered into her ear.

"I love you too, Inuyasha. With all my heart." she whispered in reply.

"With all my heart," he repeated and kissed her passionately. The crowd clapped, whistled, and cheered, the loudest of all being Sango and Miroku. Soon, Ms. Kaede's voice interrupted once again.

"SORRY TO INTERRUPT YOUR FUN INUYASHA BUT WE'RE GOING TO HAVE TO ASK KAGOME TO CONTINUE HER EVENT SO WE CAN ALL GET HOME BEFORE MIDNIGHT!!" The crowd laughed as the new couple broke away, panting slightly. Inuyasha kissed her forehead.

"Good luck," he said and walked over to Sango and Miroku.

"Well, Inuyasha are you happy now that you've got the girl of your dreams?" Miroku asked. Inuyasha just watched as Kagome did a perfect reverse dive, not even bothering to wipe the grin off his face that made him look like a love-sick idiot, because that's exactly how he felt.

(A/N: Okay, I know that I made their confession a little too early for some people's taste but you must understand, I am a total Inuyasha/Kagome fan, they need to be together, I can not wait that long, I'm very impatient. PLEASE REVIEW, I'LL LOVE YOU FOREVER IF YOU DO!! 009)
Sign up to rate and review this story