Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

The Short Yet Sad Life Of A Killjoy Named Wild Heart

by sparkle_monster 0 reviews

A short one shot about a killjoy. Wild Heart.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Fantasy - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-05-17 - Updated: 2011-05-18 - 1350 words

0Unrated
It was a regular 115 degree day out here in zone six. Party, Jet, Kobra, and I were all sitting in the over decorated diner playing a heated game of Texas Holdem. Like always I was kicking everyone's ass. 
"PARTY, KOBRA, JET, AND GHOUL! YOUR ASSES IN FRONT OF ME!" screamed Dr. Death causing all of us to drop our cards and chips to run to him in the station. 
Dr. D was sitting there arms crossed impatiently. 
"Calm your lady hormones doc" I joked to him. He shot me daggers showing that it's not the time. 
"Can it Ghoul. Listen here, y'all know Hidden Fear? Child of Death Race and Knight Sky? Well they were just ghosted. Poor ol' Fear is trying fight off the few dracs at his hut ti protect his baby sister. She was born a few months ago. She still is unnamed. Bring both back to me." 
We all nodded and headed out to our mission.
We sped off to the edge of Zone 6 to the hut where Hidden Fear was fighting off the rest of the dracs. 
 After about five minutes we arrived. 
I pulled on my monster mask and hopped out and began firing at the dracs. 
The final drac took his last shot right at Hidden Fear's face. 
I closed my eyes because I hated seeing fellow killjoys get ghosted out right in front of me. 
Jet, Party, and Kobra went over to Fear to see if he can be saved, I walked over to the tumble weed bush that was oddly crying. 
Looking behind it I saw the little baby girl. I felt my heart shatter as I realized she has no one left. 
I took my mask off and picked up the girl that was wrapped in a ratty beige towel. 
She soon stopped crying by opening up her eyes. They were a striking sapphire blue eyes. She shone a smile at me, a stunning white smile. 
"Guys!" I yelled "I found her!" I yelled starting to walk towards them. 
"We lost Hidden Fear." Party said out of breath. 
"Hey there sunshine" Party smiled as he tickled her chin, the father emotion coming out. 
He had a daughter, Bashful Bandit. But she and his wife Innocent Indulgence were ghosted a while back. 
"Sweet Sunshine. That could be her name!" he said eagerly. 
"Nah take a look at her eyed! Cobalt Fighter!" Kobra said. 
"Guys, I think Dr. D should name her." I suggested thinking it'll be only fair. He gave me my name after all. 
He shrugged his shoulders and swung his arm over to the car motioning us to go. 
"Sleep well Hidden Fear. You were good to us." we all saluted him. We walked back to the car with the new addition to our family. 
****
"DOC! We're back!" Jet screamed as he lifted up the sliding piece of wood that opened up the doorway to the diner. 
We walked into the station one at a time. 
I handed Party the girl, who was now pulling at Gerard's hair amusingly. 
"Doc, Hidden Fear got ghosted" Kobra said looking down. "but we got his sister. We figured you can name her." 
Party gave Dr. Death the little girl. 
"Aren't you a cute bundle of pancakes" 
The infant cooed and giggled. 
"Wild Heart" he said looking up to us. 
"Love it" we all said at the same time. 
"But, how will we tell her about her parents and her brother?" Jet asked. 
"We will tell her when she is old enough to handle it. Right now, Party you be the dad of her. We'll say mom works in another zone."
"Alright doc" Party said taking hold of his "daughter". 

FOURTEEN YEARS LATER!


"Hey Wild, Hey Static, Hey Sparkle!" I greeted Wild and her friends as they walked into the diner. 
"Wild, we gotta go, moms callin'" the two girls pulled out there walkie talkies and left. 
"How was your day out?" I asked her as she grabbed water and sat across from me. 
"AMAZING! You know my friend Radio Killer? Well he took us for rides on his motorbike and it was crazy! That's why I'm so dirty. I fell alot!" she laughed as well did I. 
"Ghoul can we talk to you for a sec?" Party came in and asked. 
"Hi dad!" Wild said. 
"Hi sweetie. Ghoul. Now." I followed him into Dr. Death's station where the whole crew was waiting. 
"It's time to tell her" doc said folding his hands on his lap. 
"She's 14 now. I'm sure she can handle it." Jet said. 
Party and Kobra nodded their heads to agree. 
"Alright, she can handle it" I said. "
We all piled out into the diner to see Wild Heart sitting there picking at her nail polish. 
"Wild, baby we got something to tell you" doc started "now listen here sweet pea and don't rage up. Party Poison is not your real father. We are not your real family. We rescued you from a drac attack. Sadly your parents, Death Race was your father and Knight Sky was your mama were ghosted after you were born. Your brother, Hidden Fear was fighting off dracs to save you. When we got there, he was put out. We saved you though and look, your gonna be the best lady killjoy out there" 

I looked over to Wild who had tears in her blue eyes. 
"This whole time, you guys lied to me?" she looked over to Party whose eyes were shut. 
"Sweet pea-" doc started but was cut off. 
"Don't call me that" Wild snapped. 
Doc reached out his hand for Wild to take, she ignored at first but the reluctantly grabbed it as she stood up. 

"Don't be sad crash queen. Party was a good father to you. He had a daughter before so-" he stated. 
"So I was just a rebound. Huh Party?" she spat his name. 
"And yes, I'm going to rage up Mr. Dr. Death Defying. I can't fucking cope with the goddamn fact that my real family has been dead for years and I've been living with a bunch of lying scum bags!" she let go of his hand. Her voice was unsteady and her tears were pouring down. 
"Mr. Kobra Kid over there, my "uncle". The one who promised you'll never let anything hurt me after that drac broke into my room that one night? Well I'm fucking hurt!"
"Oh Jet Star my "older brother" the one told me I can handle anything! Was that just a warning for this?! Or saying 'get your emotions strong cause we are gonna ruin your life in ten years'?"
 "little Fun Ghoul. Who promised me as a cousin you'll never lie to me. What fuckery."
"And last, Daddy. Wait sorry your not my fucking father. A fucking father would tell their fucking daughter that her real family was killed!"

We were all shocked at her little outburst. 
"I'm fucking leaving." she grabbed her white and red ray gun and left. 
 
Within two seconds she came back in. 
With tears in her eyes she whispered, "I'm gonna join them"
She looked up to us and shook her head. 
"Freedom is ours in what we can handle. To much freedom leads to mishaps. But, my heart shall be free all it wants. Wildly free. For I am Wild Heart" she smiled a weak smile a lifted up the gun to her head and pulled the trigger releasing a red blast straight to her blonde hair. 

I became dizzy that moment, I swore I felt if that I have been shot.  I look over at Party. 

The world becomes silent as Kobra wrestled him for his gun. 
Party won though. He pulled the trigger inside his mouth. 

I knew why. 
He couldn't stand the loss of a loved one. 
He loved Wild Heart as a daughter. 
****

In that same day, same minute, we lost two of the strongest killjoys. Party Poison and Wild Heart. May they stay free in their sleep, joining their loved ones. 


FIN. 


Just popped into my head. Feedback please?
Sign up to rate and review this story