Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > We were suppose to be forever...

I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love

by _acidMonster 3 reviews

Gerard Way answers Frank's proposal, but only hurts Frank more with what he's said. Will he realise his mistake?

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-06-02 - Updated: 2011-06-02 - 1377 words

2Exciting
Chapter 5

“Marry me.”

“Are you kidding?” I laughed at him again. He was being serious. He bent down on one knee and grabbed a Haribo ring from his pocket.

“Gerard Arthur Way, will you marry me?”

I looked at him, with no facial expression, a thousand thoughts rushing through my head. Do it, its fate. You need to say yes. You love Lyn-Z, what about Bandit? What if she gets bullied because her dad is gay? She won’t get bullied! He’s Gerard Way. No one would bully the daughter of someone with so much sass. Whatever. Gee, you love Lyn-Z. Not Frank. Say no! Say yes! No! Yes! No! Yes!

It was too much for me to take in. The longer I took deciding, the more Frank looked depressed. It was less complicated with Lyn-Z. But, I’d be living a lie if I stayed with her. With Frank, I’d actually be happy. Bandit, I’d still see her. I wouldn’t cut her out the picture, just like Frank wouldn’t cut cherry and Lilly out. But the complication of it all. I was still married. He was still married!

“I’m sorry Frank…” He stood up and walked off. I wanted to explain it all. We were both still married to other people, and I still loved Lyn-Z so much. Obviously, I loved him more. “Frank!”

“Leave me alone. You’ve hurt me too much the last 6 years and I’m not going to be your back-up plan either.”

“Frank…”

I ran after him.

“Frank. I love you.”

“And? What does that even mean anymore? I’ve heard you say it too many times. After you hurt me, before you hurt me. I can’t take this anymore.”

“We’re still married to other people. We couldn’t get married if we wanted to.”

“That’s what a divorce is for.”

He’d given up. Was it my turn to give up to?

I looked glumly at my feet, hoping they’d give the solutions to all life’s problems. As much as I wished they could, they didn’t. I was still part of a love triangle, and the hardest part of this was leaving Frank.

What was I suppose to do now?

I decided to speak to Mikey about it all. He was my call of port whenever I had problems.

“Mikey, can we talk?” He looked up at me and nodded. He was really cheerful today and I didn’t know if what I was about to tell him would get him down or if him being happy would make him more of an agony aunt. I risked it.

I sat down next to him on the sofa.

“I guess you turned him down,” he said, sadly. I was confused; he must have overheard what had happened between me and Frank.

“Yeah…” I felt terrible for what I’d done, but Frank was out of the picture now. I could focus on Lyn-Z, he could focus on Jamia. My problems still weren’t solved, but this would do for now.

“Gee, we all know you love him. The moment you saw him, something about you changed.” He was right, I had changed. I was happier after I met Frank, not much could get me down. They’re been girls, but not one made me feel the way Frank did and could, not even Lyn-Z.

I’d made a mistake.

“But what can I do now? Frank, he doesn’t want me anymore…” I was depressed. I’d turned down my only chance, I’d broken him for the last time, and there was no going back.

“There might be a chance. He must still want you, it doesn’t take 2 seconds to get over someone you’ve been in love with for almost 10 years,” Again, my brother was right. He may have not been the brightest crayon in the box, but he made sense.

I had to chase after him.

“Thanks bro,” I said as I hugged him.

“No… Problem?” Without a second hesitation, I ran out the room to get back the one person I needed.

I bumped into Lyn-Z.

“Hey,” I mumbled, surprised, as leant in to kiss her on the cheek. She looked so pissed off, I didn’t know what else to say or do.

“Frank?” She said, angrily, confused, and to top it off, hurt.

“What about him?” I was hoping that she hadn’t heard the conversation me and Mikey had, and that she’d just found out he was back.

“When were you going to tell me?”

“Tell you what?”

“That he was back,” I sighed, relieved.

“I didn’t think it mattered, he’s back because he’s sorry and that he realised he was selfish.”

“Oh, so what he did is in the past, totally forgotten about?” She wasn’t going to give up, until Frankie was really gone.

“Not completely, but enough to make peace,” I tried breaking away from the conversation. “I’ve really got to go, Ray’s thought of a new riff for a song.”

“Ok. But I don’t want you talking to Frank. He hurt you,” She didn’t know that I was the one that hurt him, which made me feel worse than I already did.

I rushed out the house and rang Frank. No answer, he obviously didn’t want to speak to me and I didn’t blame him either, I wouldn’t have wanted to speak to me after what happened.

I went to Ray’s.

I knocked at the door, but no one answered, funny, the lights were on. Ray had told me if he didn’t answer the door he’d be out back, so I tried there.

After working out how to open the gate, I went into his garden. It was empty. I looked through the garage window, still no one. It was a ghost town. Then I heard crying.

Frank.

I tip-toed up to the back window, thankfully the curtains were closed, but I could still hear everything.

“I asked him to marry me,” Frank wept, “But he said no. I love him so much, why can’t he understand?”

“It is quite complicated Frank, I mean, you’re both married, if you got engaged now there’d be a legal issue.” I nodded to agree, even though they couldn’t see me. “You’d both have to get either divorced or separate with your wives first.”

Then it clicked.

I loved Frank.

Frank loved me.

There were two choices. Get divorced or separated. Or stick with it and live a lie. Of course, those choices had always been there, the penny had only just dropped.

My phone vibrated on my leg, it was a text from Mikey.

Hey guys, I thought we could meet up a do a guys’ night tonight, if it’s not too much trouble. It’s been a while since we played games together, with Frank being gone, n all that. Meet up at mine for 6, yeah?
Mikey x
PS, has anyone seen Sparkles? I can’t find him. Again.


I chuckled at Mikey’s text. But it was true; we hadn’t had guys’ night in what seemed like forever. I went back home, to get clean and ready.

When I was rushing towards to the front door to leave, Lyn-Z surprise hugged me round the waist.

“Where are you going?” She was a lot happier than she was earlier, almost like I’d married a different person.

“Guys’ night, at Mikey’s,” I said, confidently.

“Oh, you’re a bit dressed up for that, don’t you think?”

“This old thing? No, not really,”

“Ok then, if you say so…” She walked into the living room to take care of Bandit. “Enjoy yourself, ok!” She shouted back at me. I laughed to myself.

I headed out to my car, turned the key and started driving. After about 15 minutes, I reach my destination. But it wasn’t Mikey’s house. And the reason Lyn-Z thought I was over dressed was because I was wearing a suit.

I was about to do the thing I wanted and needed to do.
Sign up to rate and review this story