Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Dipping my pen in the company ink

by BeccaBAM 3 reviews

Sophie works at Reprise and loves My Chemical Romance but she just can't get along with one memember, Gerard Way.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Erotica,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Warnings: [X] - Published: 2011-06-04 - Updated: 2011-06-04 - 2373 words

1Ambiance
This story is a re-write of a story I once wrote called "Beauty and the Beast", I decided to re-write it because it was awful and I think this version is better. Please read and review to let me know what you think x

Most people hate their jobs and it’s understandable. We spend half our lives stuck in work when we could be out enjoying ourselves in the sun but that’s not how life works. I spent half of my time stuck behind a desk at Reprise Records working for a small band called My Chemical Romance. Their music is amazing and I have always worked my socks off to gain them the best opportunities that were available for them. Most of the band appreciated this and showed their appreciation by inviting me to their gigs and after show parties which I really enjoyed until I saw the look on the lead singers, Gerard Way, face. He hated my guts. Ever since I’d applied for the job there had been a hatred between us that grew and grew and grew with every minute I spent sat behind my desk. You see, Gerard hadn’t wanted to hire me. Gerard had wanted to hire some pretty, young model look-alike who could bend in ways a bendy ruler struggled to accomplish. I was his bosses choice. I was second best.

I rolled over and looked at the clock which flashed 9.00am on it’s screen. I groaned and sat up. I really did hate my job, but I stuck at it to keep a roof over mine and my best friends head because with just her wages we wouldn’t be able to afford to keep living in our place. I showered, dressed and turned on my phone receiving the usual eight text messages threatening to fire me if I didn’t appear in work in two minutes with cigarettes and coffee. I rolled my eyes and set off to the local shop to buy the princess’ latest requests. None of the rest of the band dared to speak to me in this way. The rest if the band were always lovely and polite; they ask how I am and if I’m doing anything interesting after work or at the weekend. But Gerard doesn’t, oh no. Gerard just grunts and pushes past me then demands me to go on ridiculous errands. My phone beeped pulling me out of my thoughts to see the princess’ name flashing on the screen.
“Hello, Sophie speaking. How may I help you?” I put on a sweet, cheery voice to try and soften the hate that wanted to seep out of me and down the phone.
“Where’s my coffee?” he spat in his usual pleasant manner.
“It’s coming. You’ll just have to wait”
“No, I’m not paying you to take the morning off to stroll around town. Get your arse into work now before I fire you.” He hung up leaving me to start the power walk to work. I wish he would stop using that as an empty threat and just fire me already; I hated my life because of this job.

I walked down the hallways hearing the usual “Hi Sophie!” and “Good morning Sophie, your looking nice today”. I smiled back and waved returning the welcoming hello’s but in the back of my mind I wanted to cry because every hello meant I was one step closer to seeing Gerard. I knocked on his office door and slowly walked inside placing his coffee and cigarettes on the table in front of him.
“Good morning sir” I mumbled and then headed back for the door wanting to get out of the office as soon as possible because the stench of alcohol was just too much to handle.
“Where do you think your going?” he sounded quite sober today but that wasn’t an improvement it just meant he’d woken up later which meant he’d started drinking later.
“I’m going to my desk sir to sort out my in tray and then I will be back with your messages and your appointments.” I said sharply stood with my back to him, every inch of my body was tense with hate.
“Ooo somebody got out of the wrong side of bed this morning didn’t we?”
“Sir, I really need to go and start my work”
“It’s not my fault you were late this morning” he stood up slowly and made his way around the desk and over to me. This was an improvement, usually he would have tripped or stumbled leaving me to exit the room to do my work. “My coffee’s cold”
“That’s because it’s a twenty minute walk from Starbucks to here, but you wont drink anything else so you’ll just have to reheat it in the microwave like usual wont you?” I spat each word with my teeth clenched. I hated how ungrateful he was.
“Maybe you should get a car?”
“Maybe if you paid me my full wages I could”
“Maybe you should actually do some work and I would” he smirked moving closer to me making me back up into the door.
“How can I bloody work when you wont let me!?” he was pushing me to get a reaction I know but I just couldn’t take it anymore. Me and my best friend live in a horrible neighbourhood, in a horrible flat with a horrible landlord and Gerard loved it. He loved to see me suffer.
“Now, now, now. Shouting at your boss like that is getting you closer to being fired”
“You know what?” his smile grew, he knew that I was breaking.
“What?” I couldn’t take it anymore, I’d rather move back in with my parents that put up with this everyday.
“Stick your job” Gerard’s smile grew, he’d finally won. He could finally hire the blonde bimbo with the plastic breasts. “Stick it where the sun doesn’t shine because I’d rather eat dirt than work another minute for a pathetic alcoholic. I despise you” it felt so good to finally say what I’d been thinking for two years. “Your letting everyone down, your hurting your family and your friends but you don’t even care. I am the only person who puts up with your bullshit and I’ve finally given up. Your going to be alone before you know it on the streets and then I’m going to laugh because you are the only person I can think of who deserves a life like that.” I pushed him away, swung the door open and left the office I hated so much feeling the weight finally lift from my shoulders; I was finally free.

I was sat at the kitchen table at home on the phone to my best friend who wasn’t exactly happy with my performance this morning.
“Sophie, I know your hurt but seriously we need that money. I can’t go and live with my parents again they live in England!” I bit my lip, when I’d thought we could live with our parents again I’d forgotten Chloe’s parents lived in England.
“But Chloe, I can’t I’m sorry but I just can’t go back there. That place makes me suicidal. Can’t you stay with Frank? Just until we’re sorted? We wont need the rent for a month so it might not even come to that .. I’ll find a new job in a month. It’ll be fine .. Trust me?” Chloe could stay with Frank, they had been dating for a while now since I’d introduced them at one of the companies parties. They’d really hit it off straight away, she’d always had a thing for guys with tattoo’s and who has more than Frank Iero.
“Sophie I did trust you. I trusted you to stick at your job and you let me down.” ouch, that was a low blow I thought frowning. “I hate to break it to you but nobody likes there jobs. I hate mine, I work for some greasy slim ball who just wants me to finish my cases as cheaply as possible not work out what’s best for our clients.” Chloe was a psychologist for people who couldn’t afford large bills. She saw it as a kind of charity, it made her feel good about herself. But her boss didn’t agree, her boss couldn’t see why she was wasting company time on people who couldn’t afford a regular bill. “Sophie, just go and ask for your job back? Please. For me” and there it was the puppy dog blackmail.
“Fine” I hung up the phone growing more and more angry with everyone around me. Why could no one see I had to do this? I slowly typed in the number I knew better than my parents and raised the phone to my ear bracing myself to hear his slimy cocky voice.
“Well, well, well. Look who’s come crawling back. You best get your butt back into work and start grovelling hadn’t you? Because I am the only person who can give you your very needed job back” I could hear the smirk in his voice as he hung up the phone, it made my skin crawl. I gathered my things trying to hold back the tears. It just wasn’t fair. I didn’t deserve to be treated like this. I didn’t.


I tapped on his office door, trying to make as little sound as possible hoping he wouldn’t hear and then I could go home. “Come in!” he knew it was me, I could already hear the pleasure in his voice. I opened the door slowly to see him proper up against the desk with the blonde copy room girl licking his neck with her hand down his pants. “Ahh I thought it would be you. Stacey you can leave us now” the blonde tried to frown but she’d had that much botox it was impossible. Of course he knew it was me otherwise he would have pushed her off him, like a cheap stunt like this would make me jealous.
“But darling you haven’t played with me yet?” she said pouting in a fake childish voice, Gerard raised an eyebrow obviously doubting even his choice this time.
“Later, just let me deal with this” she picked up her bag and pushed past me
“Don’t try anything just because I got him warmed up, he’s mine” she whispered in my ear before leaving and slamming the door behind her. Don’t worry I wouldn’t dream of touching him with a flag pole.
“So, back for more hey?” he smirked “Just can’t get rid of you can we?” he moved closer to me “Well, I’m sorry to say that your positions not available anymore .. I think I’m going to give it to Stacey. She’s a lot more .. Hands on than you”
“So basically you just brought me down here to watch your little porn show and to tell me I’m not needed. Thanks” I wanted to slap him so hard but I controlled myself digging my nails into my palms to try to reduce the anger.
“Basically. Yes.” He was so pleased with himself, so proud of him little stunt.
“You don’t even like her, I’ve seen harder pillows than you”
“Ooo, is somebody jealous?” he was smiling watching my face for a reaction.
“No” I mumbled diverting me eyes to the floor. I wasn’t jealous, why would I be jealous I hate him.
“Oh I think you are. I think you want to be Stacey, I think you want to be touching me. All those late nights we’ve spent together and you never made your move. That could have saved you your job”
“I’m not jealous!”
“Yes you are”
“You disgust me!”
“Turn you on more like” he pushed me against the wall softly and moved so close I could feel his breath on my neck. “Not fighting it are we?” I couldn’t think straight, I didn’t want this .. Did I? “Yes you do” he mumbled as though reading my thoughts.
“I don’t”
“You’re the only one who’s stood by me, no matter how much I push you away you come back. Why would you do that hey?”
“I .. I don’t know”
“Let’s find out” he kissed me again and again and again. Each kiss more passionate and longer that the last. He was right I wasn’t fighting back, I did want this. I tangled my fingers into the back of his shabby black hair pulling him close again whenever he pulled away to breath, there was no time for breathing someone could walk in at any moment and I wasn’t done with him yet. “This isn’t just about the job is it?” he whispered on my lips, for the first time ever there wasn’t a cocky undertone. He was genuine.
“No. Your right. I always came back to you” I could feel his hands sliding under my shirt “we can’t do this here. I don’t want a quicky on a desk.” I did, but I also wanted it to mean something to him. I didn’t want to be another girl he’d concord at work.
“But I have meetings all day, I can’t go like this” he undid my bra and threw it across the room biting all over my neck.
“Gerard stop” I whispered not really wanting him to.
“No, you want this as much as I do” he slid up my skirt smiling on my neck
“Someone will catch us”
“It doesn’t matter” he smiled stroking my hips “come on please” I bit my lip slowly and nodded making a smile appear on his face. He kissed me passionately again and then it was all a blur.
Sign up to rate and review this story