Categories > Anime/Manga > Pokemon > The Image of Truth

Another Interruption

by Crimson_Reaper_67 0 reviews

With Misty safe and out of harm's way, her and Ash return to Celeo City to continue their date. However, they are once again interrupted. This time, it's by a couple of Pokemon thieves. Will they b...

Category: Pokemon - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Characters: Ash,Misty - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-06-08 - Updated: 2011-06-09 - 3107 words

0Unrated
Their lips parted and Ash remained as red as a strawberry. Misty smiled and kissed him again, this time on the cheek. Ash’s face lit up and he smiled back at her. “You’re my hero, Ash Ketchum!” said Misty with a giggle.
Ash blushed deeper. “Awe, it was nothing. Really!” he replied. He was rubbing the back of his head sheepishly. Taking her hand in his, Ash turned back towards the city. “We really should get back to our date, yeah?” he said with a smile.
Misty smiled back and moved closer to him. “Sounds good to me, Ashy Boy,” She giggled and kissed his cheek. Without another word, they set out back for Celeo City.
“So,” said Misty as they walked along, “you’re a fire elemental, huh?”
“Yep!” said Ash with a grin.
“Since when?!” blurted Misty. “Why didn’t you ever tell me?!”
“Well, I-” Ash started, but he was dumbstruck. “I honestly don’t know. I’m sorry, Misty,”
“No, don’t apologize! I don’t mind. It’s just, well...” Misty began.
“It’s just what, Mist?” he asked.
“I just wish you’d told me, that’s all,” she said. “I am your best friend afterall. Maybe even...more?”
“Of course you are, Misty!” blurted out Ash. He then came to terms with the last thing she said, and he blushed. But he was smiling, too. “You are, Mist,” he repeated warmly. He wrapped his arm around her, a smile lighting his face, and pulled her closer to him.
“So when did you realize you were a fire elemental?” asked Misty.
“When I was about eight, my father and I went camping and we were attacked by a wild Ursaring. I didn’t know what the hell to do, and something just...clicked inside of me! It was quite brilliant actually,”
Misty giggled happily with a bright smile, her brilliant red hair glistening in the sunlight that flooded through the tall treetops. “I would love to hear about it sometime,” she said. “Wait a minute! What happened to your father?”
“Well, he’s-” Ash began, hesitating. “He’s Geovanni...” Ash sunk his head low.
“Oh...I’m sorry,” said Misty, not knowing what else to say.
“It’s okay I guess,” said Ash, smiling once more. “He left a long time ago, so I have kind of gotten over it now,” He paused, then said, “You know, you can always make me smile, Misty, even when I am down,” His smile widened.
Misty smiled widely. “Awe! That’s so sweet, Ash!” She reached over and kissed him on the lips, still smiling.
As their lips parted, Ash said with a smile, “Ya know, I think I’m really starting to like you,” He grinned.
Misty shoved him playfully before lovingly pulling him back to her. She grinned back at him. “I think I’m really starting to like you, too,” She smiled and winked at him. He just smiled at her and kissed her forehead.
Not ten minutes later, the two were back in Celeo City. The city looked the same as ever. Like nothing had even happened. “Now,” said Ash, stopping and turning to Misty, “where were we?” He gave her a warm smile and lightly kissed her lips.
Misty blushed and kissed him back. “You’re a sweetheart, you know that?” she said.
“Awe shucks,” was all that Ash could manage to say.
“Ya know, I could go for a cigarette,” Ash said as he pulled out his two packs of cigarettes: one menthol and one regular. “Want one?” he asked Misty, not really even sure if she still smoked. He hadn’t seen her smoke a cigarette in ages.
But, Misty was quick to answer with a, “Please!” Her hand was even extended to accept a cigarette from Ash.
Ash giggled and said, “Alright, menthol I take it?”
“Duh!” said Misty, grinning and adding, “You know me too well, Ash,”
Ash just grinned back and pulled out a menthol, handing it to Misty. He also pulled out a non-menthol for himself and put the filter to his lips. Digging around in his pockets, he managed to find his black and red Charizard lighter. Igniting the flame, he set the end of his cigarette ablaze and inhaled deeply, blowing a big cloud of smoke a moment later. That’s when he looked to Misty and saw that she was staring at him and his cigarette sadly, longingly, her cigarette half hanging from her lower lip. “Need a light?” he asked, chuckling lightly.
“Um, yeah!” said Misty, reaching towards the lighter in his other hand.
“Here,” he said, handing her the lighter, “sorry ‘bout that,” Misty didn’t say a word as she lit up her cigarette. Ash grinned at her as she blew a perfect smoke ring, unleashing the rest of her smoke a moment later.
“Nice!” said Ash, taking another drag off his cigarette and letting it slowly roll out of his mouth.
Misty sighed happily and looked at Ash, handing him back his lighter. “To the park then?” she said.
Ash smiled. “Sounds good to me,” Without another word, they took each other hand-in-hand and started for the park once again, smoking their cigarettes as they walked along.
As they were passing by an alleyway just beyond the town square, two pairs of hands grabbed them and yanked them into the alley. Ash and Misty looked toward their captors. Ash had a particularly angry look on his face, as he had yet to finish his cigarette and they caused him to drop it.
One of them was a tall, skinny man with deep blue eyes and long, jet black hair. He was wearing a white lab coat and black pants and shoes. His face was slightly sunken and he had very defined cheekbones. He was so skinny that he almost appeared to be just skin and bones. A wicked grin was plastered on his face.
The other man was a large, bulky musclehead with gray eyes and not a single hair on his head. He was wearing merely a white wife beater and bluish gray jeans. Black combat boots were on his feet and he had a spiked bracelet around his wrist. “Give us your Pokemon, and my large friend here will let you leave with your fingers,” said the skinny man coldly.
“Yeah, do as he says or I’ll rip your fingers off,” repeated the other man.
“You want ‘em? You’ll have to beat ‘em first!” snapped Ash, gritting his teeth and pulling out a Pokeball.
“Ah, it’s a Pokemon battle you want!” said the smaller man. “We would be happy to oblige,” The two men had already moved to the opposite end of the alley that Ash and Misty were on. “If you really think you’re up to it, then...go!!!” The skinny man threw his Pokeball. Out appeared a large, palm tree-like Grass-type Pokemon with three heads that appeared to be coconuts. It was an Exeggutor.
“Come on out, Nidoking! Kick their butts!” shouted the big musclehead as he too threw his Pokeball.
Out came a large, muscular, purple monster of a Pokemon with a large, sharp horn protruding from its head. A powerful, muscular tail sprouted from its backside and large spikes ran down its back and tail.It snorted, clearly fired up for battle. “King!” it grunted.
“Alright then! Go, Charizard!” shouted Ash as he threw his Pokeball. Out came Charizard, roaring as it appeared. “That’s the spirit, Charizard!”
Misty too called out her Pokemon. “Go! Corsola!!” she shouted. A small, pink and white creature with stubby spikes coming out of its upper body appeared in the alley.
“Well, this should be interesting!” said the skinny man. “Allow me to introduce ourselves. My name is Aspen, and my big oaf of a friend here is Ed,” He grinned. “Allow me to get things started for ya! Exeggutor, start off attacking that Corsola with a Razor Leaf attack!!” Exeggutor obliged and jumped a few feet in front of Corsola, preparing to attack.
“Quickly Charizard, hit Exeggutor with your Take Down attack!” shouted Ash. Charizard sped at Exeggutor eagerly and slammed into it before it could attack, sending it skidding across the alley.
“Thanks, Ash! Now, Corsola, use your Bubblebeam attack to take down that big, purple brute!” commanded Misty. Her Corsola obliged, sending a stream of small, white water projectiles at Nidoking.
“I’ll show you for attacking my Pokemon!” growled Ed. “Use your Body Slam, Nidoking!” Nidoking jumped into the air, avoiding the barrage of water bullets, and came crashing down on top of Corsola. However, Corsola was hardly scathed from the fearsome attack. “What?!?!?!” shouted the big brute, dumbfounded.
“Hah! Didn’t you know that Normal-type moves hardly do a thing against Rock Pokemon!?” said Misty with a grin. “Now! While it’s right there! Use your Bubblebeam!!!” cried Misty.
“Oh, I thought it was just a Water Pokemon,” said Ed, still not paying attention as his Nidoking was pummeled by the second wave of water bullets, crashing to the ground when they seized fire. “Wha?!?!? Nidoking! You dumbass, get up!!”
“Apparently he’s pretty slow,” Ash said softly to Misty, snickering under his breath. Misty just giggled quietly.
Nidoking slowly got back to its feet, but it had gotten hit pretty hard by that last Bubblebeam attack. It was only barely standing and it was breathing heavily. However, Ed ignored these critical signs and shouted, “Use your Horn Drill on that pink rock! Show it who’s boss around here!!”
“Stop it in its tracks with Spike Cannon, Corsola! Finish it!!” shouted Misty. Corsola turned its spikes towards the approaching Nidoking, who’s horn was already spinning. Suddenly, tiny streams of white, bullet-like projectiles erupted out of them straight at Nidoking. It was caught in the line of fire, haulting its pursuit of Corsola. Moments after the stream of bullets stopped, Nidoking collapsed.
“What?! I lost?!?! Not fair!!!” Ed pouted, recalling his beaten Pokemon and folding his arms tightly.
“It appears you have forgotten someone,” chimed Aspen. Gripping another Pokeball, he said, “If you forgot, this is supposed to be a double battle,” He threw his Pokeball and out came a yellow, humanoid Pokemon with a pendulum in its left hand. “Come on out, Hypno!!” shouted Aspen as his Pokemon appeared. “Now, the real battle begins!” said Aspen with a malicious sneer.
Misty smirked. “We’ll see about that! Come on back, Corsola!” she replied, recalling her Corsola. “It’s time for you to come out, Starmie!!” She threw her Pokeball, and out came a large, gray, star-shaped Pokemon with a large, red jewel in the center of its body. It was mysteriously hovering in the air.
Aspen laughed. “Are you serious?! You Water Trainers are all the same!” He pointed towards Misty’s Starmie. “Exeggutor, hit it with your Razor Leaf!!” he commanded. Exeggutor took a stance, turning towards Starmie. Wind began to pick up around it.
“Quickly Charizard, burn that goddamn Grass Pokemon with your Flamethrower attack!!” Ash shouted. Charizard flew into the air to get closer to Exeggutor.
“No way, not today! Hypno, put it to sleep! Use Hypnosis!!” screamed Aspen. Hypno jumped closer to wear Charizard was and held out its pendulum, its other hand held out level with its pendulum. The pendulum began swinging back and forth rhythmically. Purple waves began to be emitted from the pendulum, headed rapidly for Charizard. Before Charizard could react, the waves surrounded Charizard. Charizard swayed for a moment midair. Then, it dropped out of the sky, landing with a loud crash.
“No! Charizard!!” cried Ash.
“Hahah! No one can escape the power of my Hypno’s Hypnosis attack!!” Aspen laughed, a wicked sneer on his face. Ash gritted his teeth. Without further interuption, Exeggutor unleashed a swarm of small, blade-like leaves at Starmie.
“Starmie, dodge it and hit it with your Ice Beam attack!!” Misty commanded. Starmie was just barely able to side-sweep the leaf blades. However, as soon as it did, a quite large, bright, blue beam of freezing energy with bits of snow and ice particles breaking off of it erupted from the jewel in the center of Starmie, headed straight for Exeggutor.
“Dodge it, Exeggutor!! Then hit it with your Solarbeam attack!!” shouted Aspen. Exeggutor jumped out of the way of the beam, just narrowly avoiding it. Aspen turned toward Hypno. “And Hypno,” he started, “give that ‘sleeping giant’ a taste of your Nightmare!!” Hypno turned ominously toward Charizard. The air around the two of them turned dark.
“No!! Charizard, wake up!!” cried Ash.
Aspen cackled. “Too late for that, Kid!” Hypno’s eyes began glowing and immediately, Charizard started shuddering and moving around restlessly in its sleep as the air around them returned to normal and Hypno’s eyes returned to normal.
Meanwhile, Exeggutor had begun to charge solar energy in the leaves sprouting behind its three heads. “Now, Exeggutor! Unleash the power of your mighty Solarbeam!! Get in close so it can’t escape!!” commanded Aspen fiercely. Exeggutor started running at Starmie.
“Starmie, wait for it to get close! Then use another Ice Beam attack!!” commanded Misty. Starmie remained steady as Exeggutor steadily approached it.
“Now, on to the ‘sleeping giant’!” laughed Aspen. “Show it some ‘tough love’ with your Psychic attack!!” Hypno’s eyes began to glow once again and suddenly, Charizard began to glow blue and lift off the air, remaining tormented in a nightmare.
“Wake up, Charizard!!!” screamed Ash. Yet, Charizard didn’t budge as it was slammed hard back into the ground. Only then did it stop glowing. That’s when it opened its eyes. It growled angrily and shot into the air. “Good job, Charizard! Now show that big plant your true power and use your Blast Burn attack! Fuck that fucking palm tree!!!” Charizard obliged and started speeding toward Exeggutor.
“Quickly, Exeggutor!! Pick up the pace!!” Exeggutor obliged and began running faster as Charizard rapidly approached.
“Now, Charizard!! Turn your attack toward your true enemy!!” cried Ash. Charizard grunted and changed its direction toward Hypno.
“And Starmie, unleash your Ice Beam!!” shouted Misty. Starmie obliged and unleashed another fierce Ice Beam at the nearby Exeggutor. This time, Exeggutor was unable to escape and was engulfed in the blast. It was definitely a successful attack, for Exeggutor was encased in a block of solid ice.
At the same time, Charizard unleashed a huge beam of hot, red energy at Hypno. Hypno was engulfed in the blast and went flying several feet backward, slamming to the ground blackened and smouldering.
A few moments later, the ice block imprisoning Exeggutor shattered and it collapsed to the ground with a crash. It had evidently fainted. However, Hypno slowly lifted itself to its feet and dusted itself off. Ash and Misty gasped. It seemed almost determined now. Aspen chuckled and recalled his fallen Pokemon. “Well, it would seem you two are better than I had predicted,” he said. “However, my Hypno is quite resilliant,” He paused, then said, “You will have to do better than that if you wish to defeat it! Hypno, while it’s temporarily useless! Hit it with your best Psychic attack!!” Hypno’s eyes glowed as it slowly started raising its finger toward Charizard.
“Quickly Starmie, hit it with a Rapid Spin attack!” shouted Misty. Starmie began spinning incredibly fast and shot at Hypno. Before it could finish raising its arm, Starmie cut through it. It hit the ground and was finished.
Aspen gasped. “What?! How can this be??!” he growled as he recalled his defeated Pokemon.
Ash and Misty grinned as they recalled their Pokemon as well. “Well, that’s it then! Go on, you two. Get out of here!” said Ash with a smirk.
“Yeah, get the hell out of here, and don’t let us catch the two of ya around here again, ya here?!” Misty chimed in.
However, Aspen didn’t appear to be listening. “Damnit! How could I have let this happen!?” he said to himself angrily. He reached into his pocket. “So, that’s the way it’s gonna be, huh?! Fine!!” Aspen had a crazed look in his eye as he pulled his hand back out. In it was a pistol with a silencer equipped.
Ash gasped. “What the fuck are you doing?!?!” yelled Ash.
Aspen laughed menacingly, ignoring Ash as he raised the gun and pointed it at Misty, his finger on the trigger. “You can die first, Girly!” he shouted, his finger twitching. Suddenly, Ed stepped in front of Ash and Misty and stretched out his arms. “What the hell are you doing, Ed?! Get out of the way!!” Aspen shouted.
“Do not harm these tr-trainers!” Ed yelled, ignoring his so-called “friend”. “They are quite good trainers, and appear to be good people, too. They don’t deserve to die!”
“Get out of the way, Eddy,” repeated Aspen, a sinister look on his face, “or I’ll put a hole in you, too!” Suddenly, Ed put his hand around Aspen’s. It was so big that it engulfed the gun as well. “Ed, let go!!” shouted Aspen, trying to pull his hand from Ed’s grasp. However, Ed was way too strong and Aspen couldn’t budge his hand even an inch, no matter how hard he tried.
“I won’t let you hurt these two people,” said Ed. He then started squeezing.
“Ow~~~!!! Ed, let the fuck go!!!” Aspen demanded. Ed let go a few seconds later. The gun was completely smashed. Aspen dropped the destroyed pistol and held his throbbing hand. “Fuck this shit! I quit!!” Without another word, Aspen ran past Ed. He pushed between Ash and Misty and continued running out of the alley and out of sight.
Ash and Misty turned back around, as they had turned to watch Aspen run off, to come face to face with the giant Ed. He must have been at least seven feet tall, for Ash and Misty both had to crane their necks just to see his face. Putting a giant hand on both of their shoulders, he said, “You both are safe now. You may leave,” He gave a goofy smile and stepped back, waiting for them to leave.
Ash and Misty looked at each other. “Well, let’s continue onto the park then,” said Ash with a smile.
“Yeah, no more goddamn interruptions!” Misty replied with a grin.
“No kidding!” agreed Ash. He then took her hand and they together left the alley on their way to the park.
Sign up to rate and review this story