Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Go Ahead and Burn it Down.

Penny for Your Thoughts

by XxLiveyourlifExX 1 review

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres:  - Published: 2011-06-10 - Updated: 2011-06-11 - 1391 words - Complete

1Ambiance
Penny for Your Thoughts

There was a cheer from the audience, the music started back up. The three girls hugged first Mr. Rhodes, then the rest of the parents. “Now,” Mr. Rhodes said before they left. “There’s room in the house for about twenty people, but we suggest you keep it to ten or below. Ten people can fit on the boat. There will be a driver supplied. We will be giving you the credit card for food and booze and whatever other supplies you think you might need. We also know that you need suits for the season, so you can go shopping tomorrow morning. A car will pick you and your chosen guests up at two in the afternoon to take you to the lake house.”

“Thank you so much!” the girls chorused.

“You’re welcome, now go have fun.”

The girls walked to the bar together discussing who they wanted at the lake house.

“Well obviously, your Chicago friends are coming,” Becca said.

“That gives us eight people automatically,” Chris said, “It doesn’t leave room for you to have the same amount of people.”

“Honestly,” Sara said, “I’m over the whole sorority fraternity thing. I love these people here, but I’m ready to move on. There’s not anyone here that I need to be at the lake. You need the Chicago kids at the lake.”

“What?”

“You haven’t had them for three years, Tina,” Becca said. “You need them. And Sara’s right. This party’s fun, but tomorrow, I don’t really want to see them in my lake house. New beginnings, new friends. Besides that Andy is hot.”

Chris laughed. Then asked, “Are you guys sure?”

“Absolutely.”

“Definitely.”

They ordered drinks and then went back to dancing. They danced with each other, they danced with their sorority sisters and fraternity brothers, they danced with the Chicago kids, they danced with their other friends. The even danced with their parents.

During one of the slow songs Chris was sitting at a table drinking her drink. She saw Andy and Becca dancing together. Remembering their conversation earlier, Chris grinned to herself. She finished her drink, she was feeling pretty good. Well drunk was probably a better word. She had lost count of how many drinks she had had. She stood up and wandered over to Pete and Stacy who were standing on the edge of the dance floor.

“Hey, Peter. Hi, Stacy,” she said.

“Hey there, Christina,” Pete said.

“How’s your party?” Stacy asked.

“Fantastic,” Chris replied. “How long are you kids in town?”

“Our next tour date is in a week and a half,” Pete told her.

“And, I’m a teacher, so I’m on summer vacation. I was gonna hang out in Austin some more,” Stacy replied.

“Good,” Chris said. She tottered on her heels a little bit. Pete put his arm around her waist to steady her. She continued, “We want you two and Patrick, Andy, and Joe to come with us to the lake house.”

“That’d be awesome!” Stacy said.

“What would be awesome?” Patrick asked coming over to them after dancing with one of Chris’ enthusiastic sorority sisters.

“Chris invited us to the lake house,” Pete told him.

“Awesome.”

They stood there chatting. Then Patrick asked Stacy to dance. She said yes and they went onto the dance floor.

“That’s interesting,” Chris commented, letting her head drop to Pete’s shoulder, who’s arm was still around her waist.

“Ya…that’s been an almost for a while now,” Pete responded.

“Awwwww. I think I like that.”

“That’s good. Patrick was worried about what you might think. You know because of Matt and all.”
Chris played with the necklace around her neck. “It would be unfair to ask Stacy to be alone forever because I think she belongs with Matt. Patrick’s great and I love him. If he makes her happy, then that’s what I want to happen.”

“Drunk Chris is Philosophical Chris.”

“Nope. Chris, as a whole, is making a change in her life. She’s moving on, but in a better and healthier way than last time.”

“Good for her,” Pete said, squeezing her. “In celebration, we should dance.”

“Ok!” Chris replied enthusiastically.

They danced the rest of the night. Chris danced with Pete, with Stacy, with Becca and Sara, with Joe and even with Andy. A couple of slow songs came on. The last one Chris danced with Pete. She was tired. It had been a long day. Pete wrapped his arms around her. Her arms went around his neck and she rested her head in the crook of Pete’s neck.

Then it was time for the sisters to sing their song. The sisters stood in two circles; an inner circle of the seniors and an outer circle of the rest of the Sisterhood. The brothers of Sigma Alpha formed another ring outside of them. Chris stood in the middle and raised her arms. “One, two, three, breathe.”

She conducted them through their hymn one last time. And then it was time for all the UT kids to sing the Alma Mater. They formed one giant circle. Again Chris was in the middle. A boy from the Sigma Alpha ring went to join her. They hugged and then turned so their backs were against each other’s. They too counted and led the students in the singing.

Then the girls said goodbye to their parents, promising to meet them at Betty’s for brunch the next morning. The hotel staff carried their gifts out to the limo for them along with a box filled with unopened bottles of Cristal. Chris sat in the corner seat of the limo next to Stacy. Sara, who was the least intoxicated, officially asked the limo if they wanted to go to the lake house. The answer was a resounding yes.

“Explain to me why you were in the middle of the circle, Chris?” Patrick asked.

“I’m the music coordinator,” she replied, a little slurred. “Me and Mikey, the guy who conducted the Alma Mater with me, are responsible for teaching and leading the sorority and fraternity through our songs.”

“And she also wrote the one the Sisters sang tonight,” Becca added.

“You wrote that?” Patrick asked, an impressed tone in his voice. Chris was tired and drunk and all she could do was nod. “That’s so awesome.”

Once back at the apartment everyone took a load of gifts and booze upstairs. They left it all stacked in the living room. The girls decided they’d go through it after the lake house trip.
Chris stumbled into her room.

“Whoa, kid,” Pete said following her in, “You should take your giant shoes off.”

“Ok,” she said. She fumbled with the buckles. “Eh.”

“Here.” Pete knelt down and helped her take of the shoes. “Time for bed, drunky.”

“Yes,” Chris said, falling back into bed.

“Not yet. Change out of your dress.”

She groaned and stood up. After a few minutes in the bathroom she returned with a toothbrush in her mouth, pajamas on, and her hair pulled back. She took the toothbrush out of her mouth and said through the foam, “I’m gonna get a glass of water. Do you want anything?”

“No thanks,” he said. While she was gone he changed in the bathroom. She came back and put her toothbrush away.

“I already feel more sober,” she said climbing into bed. “Tv?”

Pete smiled and nodded, “Sure.”

“Sadface,” Chris said flipping though the guide, “No CSI.”

“Disappointing,” Pete commented.

“Harry Potter!” She exclaimed. “Can we watch it?”

“Ya,” Pete said smiling indulgently.

She selected it and then settled back to watch, her head on Pete’s shoulder.

“Happy graduation, Christina.”

“Thank you, Peter. Night. I love you.”

“Love you too.”

Chris was asleep within a few scenes.

A/N: Update! Yay! So I hope you dig it. you could tell me how you liked it by leaving a review =) So I'm basically on my own this summer, living away from home, so I have lots of time to write. Get excited. That means more updates on this story. And maybe, if your lucky, updates on Flipped. Here's to hoping. Now GO REVIEW!!! please? lol Love, Corri
Sign up to rate and review this story