Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > Hidden Love

Renued Friendships

by mrincredible 4 reviews

After a long and lonely journey Sasuke starts to yearn for more than a friendship with Sakura.

Category: Naruto - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Characters: Sakura, Sasuke - Published: 2006-05-27 - Updated: 2006-05-27 - 797 words - Complete

0Moving
A radiant blue moonlight glimmered over Konohamaru as Sasuke quietly trudged through the main gate. He walked slowly trying to keep consiousness from the many nights deprived of rest. Most everyone in the town had gone off to sleep but a few people scurried through the dark street. He came to his house, walked in and locked the door behind him relieved to be back in his house's warmth. He swiftly got undressed and flopped into his bed staring at the ceiling waiting for his pathetic amount of energy to waist away and put him to sleep. After only a minute he grew impatient with waiting for his energy to run out. He started waiting it out again but this time he was thinking about his journey. It had been such an easy mission but long journey that he couldn't help but look at the large amount of time he spent alone. He looked over at a picture on his dresser and pulled it over to him. It was a picture of him, Naruto and Sakura, from only a few years earlier. He highly treasured his strong friendship with Naruto. Even through all the trials they had with eachother and against eachother it turned out to be a beautiful friendship. He and Sakura were still good friends as well, even without all the trials. He felt the feeling, that had run through him when the picture was taken, it was a feeling of true happiness, eternal friendship and also of the love one has towards a friend he truly gets along with. The feeling was so overwhelming compared to what he was feeling only minutes before when he had walked in his front door. As he realized this the feeling slowly retreated back to his memory leaving him desperate to have it back. By now he had forgotten his weariness and his body seemed less fatigued. He glared at the picture and noticed the smile he had on in the picture, it wasn't a farce emotion nor a pose but he really was happy, this confused him to why he hadn't felt that feeling lately. At the time that the picture was taken he hadn't been taking as many jobs as he was lately. After thinking about this for a while he then remembered that Naruto would occasionally hang out at the ramen shop and the tavern on nights like this. With this Sasuke quickly threw on some clean clothes and started pacing down the alley to the tavern. When he arrived the bar was mostly empty except for two older guys talking to eachother. He continued on down the road to the ramen shop. When he arrived he walked in to find Naruto sitting with one new steaming bowl of ramen and two empty bowls to the side of the new one. By the time Sasuke had walked within a few feet of Naruto he saw that he was finishing his bowl of ramen already and was about to order another.
"I'll take ano-" Naruto started to say.
"I'll take one and get another one for him my tab," interupted Sasuke.
Naruto sprang to his feet and embraced Sasuke saying, "Hitachi Sasuke it's good to have you back."
It was good to know they were still as close as ever even after his long journey.
"So I heard you took care of Gato's brother's weapons buisness," Naruto said.
"Yeah and it wasn't to easy, considering I spent days walking there and that it was a weapons buisness."
"Well it is good to have you back, but I'm surprised that you would come here of all places late at night."
"Yeah but I was thinking about a few things I would like to talk to you about."
"Shoot."
"Well, do you still have feelings for Sakura?" Sasuke tried to not make it obvious what he was after.
"Sakura hmm? Well definetly not as strong as I used to feel but a little bit. Why?"
"Never mind Naruto, I got to go, I'll see you tomorrow."
"Don't worry about making me feel bad, do what you want."
Sasuke walked down the road towards his house. Then not consious of what he was doing he looked up and he had passed his house and stood in the front of Sakura's house. Once he realized this he smirked at the situation he was in. He could walk away now or he could face his fear of a relationship and knock on the door. The light in the bedroom at the top of her house shone over him like a street light. He tensed up, closed his eyes, stuck out his hand and knocked.

To be continued.....

Please leave a rating or share comments and opinions in a review.
Thank You.
Sign up to rate and review this story