Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

Why?

by Ashlie-Asphyxiation 0 reviews

You know, I suck at summarys. Just read it kay???

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way - Published: 2011-06-25 - Updated: 2011-06-26 - 946 words

0Unrated
“Mom. Please. If you have any compassionate bone in your body don't do this to me!” I begged, putting my head in my hands. “Homeschool me, I'll be a dropout, send me to a boarding school, but Don't make me be the new kid at a public school again.”

She sighed a long, exasperated “honey we went over this” sigh.

“I told you. I work during the day, so I can't homeschool you, and private school is just not an option. It's too expensive right now, I'm sorry.”

I sighed dramatically, rolling my eyes. “I know mom.”

We drove into the school parking lot.

“You know, If I dropped out I could get a-”

“Out.” My mom said, unlocking my door. I slumped my shoulders and got out of the car, trudging to the sidewalk. “Have a nice day!” She said through the window.

All I could manage was a unexcited “yeah...”

As soon as her car had left the lot I had a small hissy fit, throwing my middle finger up in her direction and yelling “Fuck you! Burn in hell!!!” In my husky voice. I stomped my feet a few times, and probably looked like the hugest drama queen ever. But they just didn't understand.

“Whoa, well that isn't very nice.” A joking voice said from behind me. I turned around, tossing my short dark hair out of my face and gazing into hazel eyes, quite similar to my own.

“Um.. My mom.. she just.. yeah..” I said, blushing and gazing at my scuffy converse. I drug the rubber toe against the ground, biting my bottom lip.

“Hey, chin up.” He said smiling and attempting to pull my face up gently. I, of course, stepped back and cringed, expecting to be hit. He jumped like I'd startled him. “... You okay there?”

“Um.. yeah. Sorry. I'm always the new kid. I've learned how to not-get-hit by the school bullies.” I grinned grimly. “Anyways, I have to-”

“I'm Frank, by the way.” He pushed in, holding out his hand. “Frank Iero. And you're...?”

“Ashlie.” I answered feebly, taking his hand in mine and shaking it lightly. “And I really have to get to the office. On the offchance, you don't happen to know where that is, do you?”

“Yeah. I do.” He grinned. “Follow me, I'll show you around on the way there too.”

“Wow. You're really... helpful.” I said lamely, smiling. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” He said, and began walking.

I followed suit quickly, relief flooding through me.

First day, 10 minutes in, and you already have a friend Ashlie. You're doing good.

I gave myself a mental pat-on-the-back and focused on Frank's tour of the school.


-----------------------------------------------*-

I was walking through the halls when someone tapped my shoulder. On instict, I turned around and saw a fist swinging towards my face. I had been through this year after year, day after day and actually was able to dodge the punch that the guy had thrown at me. The hand then pulled my up and against a locker. The jock was breathing heavily, his eyes angry. He ripped my beanie off my head, pulling chunks of my hair with it. I yelped.

“No hats in the building.” He growled. I almost gagged.

“No garbage for breakfast.” I squeaked. My smart ass mouth never really helped me in any situation, but sometimes it was inevitable. The bullie grabbed a handful of hair and yanked upward, holding me on my tip-toes. Hot tears stung my eyes and leaked onto my cheeks. “Please just let me go. I'm new. Whatever I did I'm sorry. I wont do it again. Please let me go.” I sobbed quietly. We were in a secluded part of the school, near the gym, where it was only lockers. No one around.

He pulled his fist back and I was prepared to be hit in the face. I scrunched my eyes close and placed my hands around my nose so it wouldn't get broken.

“I'm sorry. Is there a problem here?” A calm voice called from down the hall. The jock released my hair and I slumped down against the locker, sobbing softly.

“No.” The guy said gruffly. “Just helping the new kid find her class.”

“I can see that.” The new voice said sarcastically. “But, I think I can take it from here Gavin.”

I cracked my eyes oben to see Gavin walking down the hallway, his backpack slung over his shoulder.

The kid who had saved my face stood over me, offering a hand. I took it and he pulled me to my feet.

“Are you okay?” He whispered, looking down on me slightly.

“Y-yeah. I'm fine. I'm cool. I'm... yeah.” I said, wiping the tears off my face. “Just shaken up.”

“I know. Gavin is a huge jerk. I'm sorry. A few of us aren't like that, if you can believe it. What do you have first hour? I'll walk you there and then get back to class. I can tell you're lost.” He smiled slightly, almost hesitantly.

“Um... Smith? Algebra II.” I said.

“Hm. Same here. Now I'll have the excuse to rat out Gavin, and get you out of detention for being late to class.” He grinned smugly. “Follow me, I'll show you the way.”

I nodded, relieved that there were at least two friendly faces I could half-way rely on at this school.
Sign up to rate and review this story