Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist

Lights in the Sky

by WinryRockbell16 7 reviews

What happens between Edward and Winry on a summer night.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Characters: Edward Elric, Winry Rockbell - Published: 2006-06-01 - Updated: 2006-06-01 - 721 words - Complete

1Moving
Lights in the Sky

It was a beautiful summer evening, and sixteen year old Edward Elric was sitting up in a tree overlooking the small town of Resembool. He and Al had just returned from a mission, which turned out to be just another wild goose chase. Al had gone to the summer festival with granny Pinako, and I was left alone in the house , working on Ed's automail which he had broken for the uptinth time.
"There, all done!" I said happily looking over my upgraded creation. "Now to test it on Ed."
I got up and put on a short, light pink sun dress, with white flowers trimming the bottom hem. I decided that I would go to the festival after I found Ed, so I just left my hair down. I placed a white daisy behind my ear and walked out the door.
"Ed!" I called over and over again. I looked around and saw nothing but darkness, well beside the lights from the festival. I walked down to a small forest of Sakura trees and started calling for him again. "Ed, where are you?" "Right here." someone replied. I looked around, but saw no one. "Look up." the voice said again. And there hidden in the soft pink cherry blossoms was Ed.
"What are you doing up there?" I asked. "Just watching the festival." He replied. "Come up." (Wow, he looks different, but good, really really good.) "Hello, you coming up?" He said again bringing me back to reality. "Are you kidding?" I yelled. "I'm wearing a dress, I can't climb a tree!" "Oh." Was all he said as he continued to stare blankly at the festival. I felt bad for yelling at him, I did want to be with him. I missed him so much, but he wouldn't care if I told him that, would he?
Before I knew it, I was already halfway up the tree. "Hi." I said. He jumped about three feet and looked at me. "W-what are you doing, you said you couldn't climb!?" "Well, I had nothing better to do." I replied. He looked at me in such a strange way, He had never looked at me like this before. His eyes were fixed on mine, and they seemed to be trying to tell me something.
"BOOM!" We both jumped at the sudden noise. I looked up in the sky and saw fireworks.
"Ooh, wow." I said. There were tons of them exploding in the air, and we had a perfect view from our hiding spot.
"Isn't the view beautiful?" I asked. "It sure is." he replied. I looked at him, noticing that his eyes were fixed on me, not the sky. I turned away quickly to hide the blush that was creeping across my face. The sound of fireworks were all around me, but I could have sworn my heartbeat was louder. (Did he really say that?) I thought to myself.(Well of course he said that, but did he mean it?) "Winry?" The sound of my name being called brought me out of my daze. "Yes?"
I said quietly, my heart beating faster and faster. Before I knew it Ed reached his hand over to me and pulled my face closer to his. "I like this view better." he said. My voice got caught in my throat so I couldn't say anything, but the next thing I knew he leaned closer and gently pressed his lips against mine. It lasted only for a moment before he pulled away shyly.
He glanced over in my direction, making me realize I had a really dazed look on my face.
"Was it really that bad?' he asked. "I don't know, you might have to try it again." I said shyly.
He smiled at me, and I smiled back.
He leaned over and kissed me again. I wrapped my arms around his neck, intending to stay this way as long as possible. And there we stayed, held tightly in each others arms, watching the fireworks surrounding us. Slowly drifting away from reality each passing minute. Soon there were no sound or worries, just me and Edward, and the lights in the sky.




~Fin



A/N // This is only my second fanfic, please review and tell me if you liked it. No flames please.
Sign up to rate and review this story