Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Rapture Like Blood

There's a Ghost in Me

by Noizchild 0 reviews

The conclusion to the Tajizawa Saito case.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Horror - Published: 2011-07-11 - Updated: 2011-07-12 - 1024 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Seven: There’s a Ghost in Me:

July 6th, 1997

His hands trembled. Their blood splattered all the way to the ceiling. The streets stained a dull red. Despite the mess, they looked like they were sleeping. He trembled when he saw them again.

Three days ago, his mind gave into built-up rage and two people died as a result, one of whom he loved since birth. His senses returned seconds after the crime.

"What have I done?" he asked when he saw all of that red. "Oh my god! What have I done?!" He sank to his knees and wept for three days. On the third day, he heard a voice calling out to him.

"Mother?" he whispered. He lifted his head and looked around. They were still dead. No one else was in the apartment, but yet, that voice kept calling to him.

"Mother?" he asked again. "Is that you, mother?" He rose to his feet. "Mother?" he asked. "Mother? I'm coming, Mother!"

He raced out of her room, down the hall, out the front door, down the hall, up the stairs, and to the roof. The sun hadn't come up yet. He looked below at the ant-like city feeling numb, numb like the past three days. She called out to him.

"I'm coming, Mother!" he cried. The janitor found his body at sunrise.

-------

November 1st, 2009

Hotaru patted him on the back. "There, there, it'll be okay." Saito still cried in her lap. The loli demon then came up with an idea.

"Hey," she whispered. "You know what cheers me up? A nice bag of Kompeito. I'll bring us a nice big bag of Kompeito and we can talk in the morning, right?" He looked up from her lap saying nothing initially, but Saito nodded.

"Okay," he whimpered. Hotaru gave him a little smile.

"There you go," she whispered. "Everything will be alright."

-------

November 2nd, 2009

3:00 a.m.

Hotaru looked around the park. /Still early/, she thought. The loli demon sat down on the bench and waited.

-------

7:00 a.m.

The shinigami waited at Happy Puppy Apartments. The older man turned to his partner.

"Sense her yet?" he asked. The younger one shook his head.

"Not yet," he said. They resumed their surveillance. By 7:30, the shinigami sat up straight. The rookie glanced at his partner.

"Felt that?" he whispered.

"Yeah!" the older one replied. "It's coming out!" The shinigami kept close watch as a figure left the apartment. This person stood there as if debating going out into the sun or not. The rookie gave it a puzzled look.

"Hey, is that a man or a woman?" he asked. His partner squinted his eyes for a better look and became confused.

"I'm not sure…" he whispered. Suddenly, the figure looked up and saw them. She hissed, drew out her claws, and sailed forward to attack. The shinigami managed to dodge her in time. That's when they saw the truth.

-------

In the park, Hotaru stretched out her legs and waited. Life had started to unfold around her. People walked their dogs. Joggers took route. Birds began their flight south. Hotaru looked around again. Maybe he's late?

-------

The old lady turned out to be a man; more specifically, turned out to be Saito dressed up like his dead mother. The shinigami tried to grasp this turn of events. Saito turned with his claws out.

"It's a guy!" the rookie yelled. "Now what?"

"Just take him!" the older partner yelled. Both shinigami regrouped to attack.

"You shall be judged!" the rookie yelled. Saito looked hungry for more blood.

-------

Hotaru looked at the high sky as she waited.

-------

The rookie shinigami pulled out his jo to attack.

"No!" Saito screamed as he sailed forward to attack. The rookie took a swing. Crack! Saito fell off course to the ground, reeling in pain.

"No!" he screamed again. Saito leapt up to attack, but the rookie dealt a second blow. However, the demon wouldn't stay down. The rookie turned to his partner.

"Now!" he yelled. "Cast the spell! I don't how much longer I can hold him off! Hurry!"

"Right!" the older shinigami yelled. He held his hand and began chanting. His fingers lit up a bright orange. He opened his eyes with a calm face.

"Game over," he muttered. His partner jumped out of the way as the light came shooting out. Saito didn't make a sound as he was hit. In fact, he just gave the sky a little smile.

"Mother…" the demon whispered as he vanished into thin air back to Hell.

-------

At noon, Emiko grinned at her computer screen.

"I've got it!" she said. The butch demon stood up and left her office.

"Hoto-chan! I've found a way to overthrow Lucifer with a stronger method this time!" she called. The butch demon received no answer.

"Hoto-chan?" Emiko asked as she looked around in the hall. "Where did you go?" She checked her girlfriend's room. No sign of her was even in the house.

"Hm, where did she go?" Emiko asked herself. The butch demon spotted Kazue walking down the hall.

"Hey!" Emiko called. The other demon paused and turned to her.

"What?" she grumbled.

"You seen Hotaru anywhere?" the butch demon asked.

Kazue frowned. "She went to the park."

Emiko raised an eyebrow at her. "The park? Why there?"

Kazue shrugged. "How should I know?"

The leader nodded. "Thanks." She turned and raced out the front door. Kazue rolled her eyes.

"Whatever," she mumbled.

-------

3:00 p.m.

Emiko found Hotaru asleep on the bench. She couldn't help but smile. The butch demon gently shook her girlfriend on the shoulder. Hotaru shot up awake. When she saw Emiko, her mind sparked into attack mode. Her girlfriend gave her a little smirk.

"Come on, let's go home," she said. A strange joy filled the loli demon.

"Okay!" she cheered. Hoto-chan rose to her feet and stood next to her. As they walked home, Emiko looked and saw the bag of Kompeito in her girlfriend's hand.

"Oh, who's the Kompeito for?" she asked. Hotaru lowered her eyes.

"No one…" she mumbled.
Sign up to rate and review this story