Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Half a Goddess 2: The Secrets Behind Her Smile

Dungeons and Heartache

by Elsask 3 reviews

Herry is very worried over Helen and Helen is in some of the biggest trouble she has faced.

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-06-02 - Updated: 2011-12-19 - 1131 words

1Exciting
0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0


A pain throbbed through her whole body. Her sparkling, sea-green eyes slowly opened from the deep restless sleep. The demi-goddess bobbed her head up, to see nothing but a gloomy atmosphere. She tried to rub her throbbing head, but was stopped immediately by cold clasps on her arms. There she was chained to a wall in shackles with a damp, ancient, grey stone chamber atmosphere. Similar to a situation she held dealt with over seven month ago, with a deadly serpent. Great, not again. She struggled to get out of the chains, the metal clanked against the cold stone walls.

"You won't get out." Cronus's red sinful eyes glinted in the dim light as he appeared before her. "Glad to see you are up."

The dried blood on her face, accentuated her disgusted face.

"Now, young Hebe, last chance for you to willingly surrender to me." He brushed her cheek. "You will make a great new addition to my army to bring down those mortals. It may even be their downfall."

"Same answer as before, and I am not Hebe." She spitted at him.

"Fine then, any last words?"

Helen knew what she would say to Herry, but Herry wasn't here.... "Ya I do. You're a pathetic old geezer who is a dirty, cheating, half-witted idiot and the gang will bring your days back to Tatarus. You know the Oracle is always right."

"Finished yet?" Cronus asked maybe just a little bit of tremendously angry.

Helen didn't answer, instead just gave a cold glare.

"Then on with the adaptation."

Adaptation? What does that mean? Oh no! The secret... For the first time it struck her what his plot was, and it wasn't a pleasant either. Helen for her last time struggled to get free, but it was hopeless, a look of apprehension covered her face as Cronus advanced on her.

"You know what else the Oracle prophesied, don't you, Helen." It was confirmed, he did know. Helen looked at him in fear now.

Now, I can't convert you like this, you are too resilient..."

He held his palm upward and blew a sparkling red dust onto her. Helen let out a quick yelp. The dust stung against her skin. She could feel the energy being sucked out of her.
She slumped in the shackles, mustering all her energy just to breath.

"Now don't you feel better? Don't worry, pretty soon you will feel great."

Helen looked down, she couldn't go down without a fight. She was fighting for the helpless, for her family, her friends. She knew the dark secret Cronus was trying to expose, and she couldn't let it happen. I have to resist, I just have to, or die trying...

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o00o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0


Herry placed Helen's red ball on his bedside table. He threw himself onto the bed. For some reason he had a bad feeling at that moment Helen was going through immense pain. It made his stomach churn. He wanted to throw up. Herry couldn't focus his thoughts without them returning to his brunette, sweet smile girlfriend. Odie said there was nothing he could do to track her down, since she wasn't wearing her PMR, all they could do was wait. How can I wait, in a moment like this? I'll pulverize Cronus even if he lays even a hand on her.

0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0o0

Resistance is the key.

And the only hope.


"Now for the moment of triumph." Cronus reached out to Helen and put his palm on her forehead, she moved her head ceaselessly, trying to escape his hand. "Stop moving your head!" He yelled, as he spread out his hand and Helen's head stopped where it was. The force of wicked magic.

This is my last chance. Helen took a deep breath and concentrated.

Cronus put his hand once again on her forehead. He had entered her mind.

Resist.

Resist!


A shrilling scream was released from Helen's blood crusted lips. Cronus pulled back, he didn't get what he wanted. Helen took in a gulp of air, panting.

"Stubborn girl." He muttered.

Helen felt every pulse running through her brain, it was getting harder and harder for her to concentrate.

He approached her again. Helen gasped, he was trying to take control of her, but her mind wasn't weak. This was some of the training she had received from both Hermes and Hera, they knew this day would come. This was what she had been preparing for.

She fought back harder than last time, she pounced at Cronus' mischievous mind. Once again he was unsuccessful. He fell back onto the floor.

"Why do you defy me?!" He yelled.

"Because you are the basis of all that is immoral these days, I stand for righteousness."

"Prepare to kneel to your master!" He got up.

Cronus attempted one last time. She was using all of her remaining strength. It was a full our war between the two. Cronus gave out one more outburst, with this Helen used the last of her energy to defend herself. She couldn't stop him though, Helen let out a long, painful, and harsh scream that may have pierced through to the Heavens. It finally seemed Cronus' power was winning.

Hera. Hermes. Mom. Dad. Herry, I am so sorry.

Then the chains shattered across the chamber floor, and her body fell to floor. An inanimate rag doll.

Cronus looked at Helen's lifeless body. "Such a shame, to lose such an ideal tool."

He started to walk away.

"Get rid of the body." He told Agnon and another giant. They started to walk towards the limp figure lying on the floor. They were just inches from laying a hand on her.

Unexpectedly, her eyes opened, burning red. She grabbed the wrists of the giant and threw them against the wall, knocking both of them out cold. Her eyes returned to the glistening sea gems they originally were.

She walked towards Cronus. "Glad to see you up, my dear." He gave a loud laugh.

Helen's eyes for a split second glinted red once again.

"Now get out of those repulsive clothes." Looking at her modern teenage clothes, from her tan Birkenstocks, to her Bermuda-style light blue shorts, and lastly her green apple colored, one-shoulder shirt. "I may have something that will suit you perfectly."
Sign up to rate and review this story