Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > One of Many

Chapter Six

by skitter160 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Rock Lee,Shikamaru,Temari - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 1385 words - Complete

0Unrated
One of Many

Authoress: Skitter160

Disclaimer: I don't need to tell you it's not mine. Because if it were I would be making you pay not handing it out for free.



“So she said yes?” Tsunade looked over at Shikamaru, Lee, and finally Gaara; who was now dressed in his Kazekage garb and looking completely relaxed in it even though just minutes before entering the office he had been fiddling with it. It was some time into the meeting but she had yet to give them an answer about Lee even after he had given her facts about Suna that most people did not know facts that the previous diplomats had not even known before hand.

“Yes.” Shikamaru smiled happily. “So I can accompany Lee as the diplomat and he can train the people of Suna in taijutsu.” He pushed as she had yet to make the decision on that.

“Well I’m happy for you.” She smiled ignoring the last part. “So when will the wedding be?”

“We haven’t decided.” Shikamaru sighed mentally he knew she was testing their patience like he told them she would. Sparing Lee a glance he saw his smile falter slightly before replacing it with a brighter more hopeful one. Gaara looked stony. Somehow after having dated Temari for years he had begun to read into Gaara and understand him better than his siblings could. He knew that was because he was an outside party and not held to the truths they had to live through but Temari did her best to fill him on those as well. A long moment of silence followed and all three looked at her expectantly.

“I see. Well as to Lee going to Suna to teach taijutsu I have yet to make a decision.” Tsunade smirked at way they reacted all of them faltering in their expression except for the Kazekage who glared murderously. “But I will discuss it with Guy before making my decision so for now please leave me to discuss it with the Kazekage.” She motioned for Lee and Shikamaru to leave the office and waited for them to do so before addressing Gaara. “So you want to borrow Lee?”

“I do.” Gaara fixed her with an icy look. “I will not take anyone else for this position.”

“I see.” Tsunade clapped her hands and Guy entered through the window where she had him waiting. “What do you think Guy?” She was slightly disappointed that Gaara didn’t seem at all phased even though Guy had been waiting out sensing range.

“I think it is splendid for Lee and the Kazekage to grow closer in friendship and develop their love and youth together!”

‘Love?’ Gaara frowned but pushed the thought away without a second thought it could be dealt with after it was decided that Lee would be returning with him.

“I see.” Tsunade eyed Gaara for a reaction to word that was tattooed on his forehead but she knew he did not fully understand. “I will allow it.” She said after a few minutes silence. “It will take a few days to get all the paper work done so in the meantime I want you and Lee to inform anyone that he wishes to inform. Guy I would like you to inform your team at tomorrows training I don’t think they will take it lightly.” She smiled. “Now let’s tell Lee the good news.” It was not unexpected when Lee fainted when it was Guy to tell him but it made Tsunade laugh to see it none the less.

+++

Team Guy met around nine thirty everyday to train. This was a fact Gaara knew from when he had been staying in Konoha a few years ago. It seemed that that much had not changed he found as he sat in favorite tree watching them. ‘I wonder how they will take it?’ Gaara thought recalling the word Guy Sensei had used that had struck a cord at the meeting. ‘Love…’ Recalling the context he knew that Guy meant that he was in love with Lee and it surprised him that he could not disagree that his actions would to most normal people look like love. But as he was not normal and he was not sure what his actions meant. Actually he wasn’t even sure if they were even in his usual range of action. Watching the team practice he came to the conclusion that Guy would tell them about their teammate leaving after they had finished which left him plenty of time to ponder on it.

‘Gaara’s here.’ Lee thought as he began his team training he had done his own personal training before hand and was now sparring with TenTen while doing his best not to try to spot Gaara in the tree. He failed miserably and ended up sailing into a tree from a kick delivered by usual weapons specialist.

“Something wrong Lee?” Neji asked as TenTen beat him. “It’s unusual for that trick to work on you unless your distracted.” Neji said helping him up from the place he landed.

“I’m a little distracted.” Lee smiled sheepishly scratching the back of his head. ‘I wonder how they will take the news?’ He looked over at Guy Sensei who nodded in agreement to his silent question. “Actually I have something to tell you.” Lee swallowed quietly as they looked at him expectantly. Smiling as bright as he could while thinking about how much he would miss them he went on. “I’m going to be going to Suna with Gaara to train the ninja there as a taijutsu master.” He scratched the back of his head as a moment of silence passed as they allowed it to sink in.


“Your going to Suna?” Neji was the fist to speak and the shocked look on his face was nothing to how he was feeling inside. ‘He’s leaving…He’s really leaving….I won’t see him again…I thought that…’ He cut that train of thought to hear Lee confirm it as truth a happier smile overtaking his saddened one. ‘He wants to go.’ Neji smiled as well as he could as he felt his heart freeze before shattering. He knew that if it came to rejection he would smile and wish Lee luck but it was harder in practice than he had thought. Of course Lee had turned him down for the lunch dates for training but he thought that he would have more chances. He wanted to run. Instead he strengthened his smile. “That’s good news Lee. You finally got recognized as a Master.” He patted his shoulder and they discussed the details.

In the tree Gaara felt a slight anger when Neji touched Lee but he ignored it and continued to watch. He knew Lee would be less homesick if he was able to say goodbye properly. So he left the tree to go bother Shikamaru, who he had somehow grown close to since he and Temari had started dating. It was almost like having another sibling.

TenTen also congratulated Lee while eyeing Neji suspiciously. The only one who was completely unaware of Neji’s feelings towards Lee was Lee himself. She wouldn’t confront him now, she really wasn’t looking forward to the training that would ensue afterwards. When Neji was upset he didn’t talk about it he just threw himself into training usually dragging her with him. She sighed mentally her best friend was so stupid sometimes. ‘Why doesn’t he just tell Lee before he leaves? It may not change things but it will save him the regret later on.’ Looking over at him she saw the pained expression in his eyes that only she noticed because no one else was allowed to see it. ‘Guess I’m left picking up the pieces again.’ She loved Neji too but she knew that he had no interest in her that way and this song and dance was getting old but there was no way she could leave him like that.

Team training ended shortly after as none of them felt like training anymore so Guy Sensei, who was also saddened by Lee leaving ended it early and took them all to ramen.
Sign up to rate and review this story