Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > One of Many

Chapter Ten

by skitter160 0 reviews

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Romance - Characters: Gaara,Rock Lee,Shikamaru,Temari - Published: 2011-07-13 - Updated: 2011-07-13 - 1842 words - Complete

-1Boring
One of Many

Authoress: Skitter160

Disclaimer: I don't need to tell you it's not mine. Because if it were I would be making you pay not handing it out for free.



A week after Lee’s departure in Konoha….

Naruto and Hinata were having a picnic in the park when they overheard a younger couple talking about Lee and decided to listen in. Well Naruto decided to listen in. “Come on Hina aren’t you even curious?”

Hinata smiled softly and gave in. So there they sat listening to another couple as they hid behind the tree they were picnicking behind. ‘I suppose it’s good to feed the childish side of Naruto sometimes.’ She thought looking over at how happy her boyfriend was. This is what they heard:

“Is it just me or is the village gloomier lately?” The girl asked her male companion, a Konoha ninja band around his waist. “I mean lately when I go into any of the shops, especially the flower shop the owners all look rather upset or down. And I haven’t seen Neji-sama in a week either.”

Hinata whispered to Naruto that the girl was the daughter of a seller of fine weapons to the Hyuga specifically ones that Neji used and she was often there to see him about new weapons.

Her male companion gave her an appraising look before speaking. “I guess you wouldn’t know his name but do you remember a green clad ninja that bounded around shouting about youth and throwing around dazzling smiles that almost blinded you?”

The girl nodded smiling. “I don’t know his name but I once heard someone refer to him as the Beautiful Green Beast of Konoha. I remember that title because I laughed so hard. He doesn’t look at all beautiful or even handsome. But I know why they call him that.” It was easy to hear the heartening smile in her voice. “But what’s it got do with him?” She asked looking around. “Actually now that you mention it I haven’t seen him around either and he’s usually all over the place helping someone or throwing around blindness in a smile.”

Her companion, a ninja that had once been on a mission with Lee smiled. ‘So even the villagers that don’t know your name know your gone. It’s too bad you didn’t know how much you were needed Lee.’ “Well that’s the reason the village seems so gloomy. A lot of the ninja knew the Beautiful Green Beast of Konoha as Rock Lee and the villagers that knew him only by his title have noticed his absence as well.”

“Wait he’s gone?” The girl’s eyes widened. “You don’t mean dead do you?” The slight horror in her voice told their eavesdroppers just how much his presence meant to village even more than the conversation so far.

“No… At least I don’t think so.” The male smiled slightly. “He’s assigned to Suna for awhile though so he’s not here.”

“That’s sad.” The girl sounded completely devastated by the news. “From what I saw his smile inspired a lot of the villagers.”

“Your right.” The male smiled sadly. “Lee’s smile is hope to anyone with a goal. Not everyone knows of his weaknesses but everyone knows of his kindness and the fact that he had a hard life shows through it. His smile is almost like the light for the villagers like Naruto’s strength is the goal of all ninja while the will power of Lee is something anyone can have.”

Naruto and Hinata got up without listening to the rest heading to the meeting they arranged with their friends. “I know Lee is missed.” Naruto put his head on Hinata’s shoulder.

“We all know Lee is missed.” Hinata squeezed his hand as they walked down the not so loud street to the not so loud café and to the large table where all their friends were waiting. All of their faces seemed to scream someone was missing.

+++

Meanwhile a week in Suna has not done much for Lee’s standing there.

“Lee-san the Kazekage-sama would like to see you.” A messenger said from the corner of the training area where Lee was currently training one of the younger captains about a few of the more advanced taijutsu mistakes he was making.

Lee paled knowing it was most likely over one of the more recent scares he had caused a villager. It wasn’t that he hadn’t caught onto the customs of Suna, no he had those down pat. But it was extremely hard to not jump off of roofs and other objects to aide someone. In Konoha it was exactly what he did and he much suspected it had become something like a habit.

“Don’t worry Lee-san.” The captain said politely. “I know Kazekage-sama understands it’s just your nature and won’t be too mad.” He winked at him before turning back to the post. ‘He really is a good guy.’ “It’s not your fault that the villagers are unaccustomed to it nor that the village itself is rather formal.”

“Yosh!” Lee made a nice guy pose which the captain made sure to see. “Your right.” Relaxing quickly he looked at him seriously and told him what he wanted him to work on. Of course figuring out what kind of exercises normal people do was the hardest part of teaching taijutsu. “Do you think you can handle it?” Lee asked trying to remember if it was this captain or the other one that was a little weak after his training.

“I can handle it Lee-san.” The captain smiled, a bit of a smirk more than a smile. “Go see what Kazekage-sama wants.”

“Alright but be sure to stop if you think you are pressing it. I will not tolerate hurting yourself with my training regimen.” Lee turned to the messenger. “Alright take me to Gaara.”

Both the captain the messenger cringed a bit at Lee-san, an outsider calling their Kazekage by his first name. But they had been told not to correct him by said Kazekage. It was really hard not to say something sometimes though.

“So do you know why Gaara wants to see me this time Merei-chan?” Lee asked following the usual messenger to Gaara’s office.

“As far as I know Lee-san it is about a meeting between the two of you. I am not told much concerning these matters.” Merei smiled. She was younger than most of the staff and she liked Lee. He wasn’t mean or rude and didn’t look down on her for being so young. Stopping before the Kazekage office she knocked softly.

“Come in.” Gaara called shuffling papers could be heard as he did so.

“I brought Lee-san.” Merei bowed politely as she motioned him inside.

“Thank you.” Gaara nodded to her and she rose. “You may leave.” He told her motioning for Lee to have a seat while pulling a file from the stack. He didn’t say anything else until Merei had left and Lee had taken a seat. “Do you know why I’ve called you here?” He asked peering over the file he held.

“No.” Lee frowned.

Gaara looked him over doing his best not to think too much on the way the his new clothes fit his body. “I called you up here because I received your first letter from Konoha as well as a village complaint something about jumping off a roof to help them.” He did his best to look actually upset but he couldn’t quite get there with his amusement at the fact the villagers startled so easily.

Lee paled a bit at the villager comment while trying to not look excited about his first letter.

“I know your used to such behavior in Konoha Lee but here in Suna it’s not expected.” Gaara smirked. “But I don’t see a problem with it as long as you make sure not get any more complaints.” He handed him an envelope. “I believe I interrupted your teaching… Who is it your helping today?” He wasn’t quite sure why he asked but he knew that he wanted to talk more before getting back to his work. His damn sister had gotten out of their bet by planning her wedding and getting Shikamaru accustomed to Suna life.

“It’s Captain Saitou-san.” Lee smiled brightly he was happy Gaara wanted to talk more. Actually if he recalled correctly every time he was called up to his office he stayed and they talked for at least an hour.

“…” Gaara looked over at Lee recalling that Captain Saitou had a thing for men and for strong men in particular. He wasn’t sure why he never wanted Lee near that captain again but he was quite certain if he didn’t remain clam about it he would see it was done. He had been thinking non stop about how he liked Lee and he had come to the conclusion that he would know if he let things happen. But he found it extremely hard to let Lee be around men he knew would like him. “I see. Well we need to schedule when you will begin teaching me taijutsu. What times have you set up classes?”

Lee looked away for a moment hiding his blush. ‘I’m so happy I get to train Gaara.’ Then he began thinking about the times he had actually set up for class. “I don’t really have a set schedule yet.” Lee admitted. “But if I make your schedule set I can set the rest of it around that?”

“That will do.” Gaara thought about it a moment and decided on a time that would suit both of their needs and make them the last person each saw each night to ensure that nothing happened while he was training with his men. “Lee…”

“Yes Gaara?” Lee looked up at him from the letter that was from Naruto.

“…” Gaara looked at him and realized he actually didn’t have anything he had wanted to say. “I think you should get back to your student for now. Do you want to join me for dinner up here tonight?” He found himself surprised at his own question but he found it suitable since they had not spent much time together other than Lee’s villager complaint trips.

“I’d like that.” Lee smiled the smile that was just for Gaara before standing. “Should I bring anything?”

“No I’ll make us curry.” Gaara smiled at the surprised look Lee gave him. When he and Temari had made curry it had not been enough to share and he really wanted to show Lee he could make it. “Just be here by six o’clock.”

Lee nodded and slipped out the door too happy to stop smiling at the all shinobi and villagers alike.
Sign up to rate and review this story