Categories > Anime/Manga > Yami no Matsuei > Rapture Like Blood

Guilt

by Noizchild 0 reviews

Thanatos goes over with Eros to Kyo's Funeral Home to gloat to Tsuzuki, Anna, and Hisoka about a little error that happened back in May. Meanwhile, Anna has to tie up some loose ends there.

Category: Yami no Matsuei - Rating: R - Genres: Drama,Humor - Characters: Hisoka,Tsuzuki - Published: 2011-07-14 - Updated: 2011-07-15 - 633 words - Complete

0Unrated


Chapter Ten: Guilt:

May 6th, 2009.

Humiliation

Thanatos thought she had the pay of the century. Anna had died and she has a huge bounty on her soul. Thanatos and Eros had taken their prize to cash it in. She could almost taste that victory sake now. However, the bounty hunter found herself in for a nasty shock. The man at the counter gave her a funny look.

"You claim this Kimoto-san's soul?" he asked. Thanatos nodded. The man tried to hold back a laugh, but failed. The rest of the staff laughed as well. Thanatos didn't get it at first as she looked around, smiling.

"What?" the bounty hunter asked. Eros noticed the problem. He tapped her on the shoulder and pointed it out to her. Thanatos' face dropped.

"What the fuck?" she cried. "This isn't Anna!" Thanatos ended up bringing the funeral director's soul instead.

Since then, she's made it a personal mission to bring Anna's soul in payment for the humiliation she suffered.

"Damn it!" the bounty hunter shouted.

--------

November 2nd, 2009.

Thanatos and Eros stood outside Ryo's Funeral Home. The girl grinned to herself. Eros looked around.

"Why are we here again?" he asked. His partner snickered.

"Oh," she said. "Just to see some certain people…" He raised an eyebrow at her.

"If you mean Tsuzuki-san and Anna-san…" he said. Thanatos' attention went elsewhere as she smirked at the distance.

"And here they are!" she cheered. Tsuzuki and Hisoka appeared in front of the building with Anna in tow.

"Perfect!" Thanatos mumbled with a grin. The hunter took a step forward.

"Well, well, well!" she said. "If it isn't the murderer and his little blow-up doll! How are you guys doing these days?" Anna fought to keep her temper down at the mocking tone of her voice. Tsuzuki held her hand.

"Did you come here to gloat?" he asked.

"Yeah," Thanatos said with a nod.

"Figures," he mumbled.

"Listen, we don't have time for this," Hisoka replied. "We're on a case here."

"Oh, your old friend, Ito-san?" she asked. The trio gave her a blank stare. Thanatos grinned at him.

"Oh didn't you know?" she asked. "That was the director's name." Anna lowered her eyes.

"Are you done?" Tsuzuki asked.

"No!" the bounty hunter boomed. "You all still owe me for the humiliation I suffered that day!" As she spoke, the trio walked past her. Thanatos whipped around.

"Hey! Come back here!" she screamed. Eros held her back as he tried to calm her down.

"Get back here!" Thanatos snapped. "Get back here!" Inside the funeral home, Tsuzuki turned to Anna.

"You sure you want to do this?" he asked. Anna nodded.

"It's the least I can do," she said. "He did die because of me…"

"If this is because of Thanatos…" he said.

"No," Anna cut in. "I want to." She went ahead of the boys. Tsuzuki and Hisoka followed close behind. They found the shrine in his office. The incense had just been lit for the mourning. Anna sank to her knees before the altar.

"Ito-san," she said in a prayer. "I would like to say that I'm sorry first. I'm sorry you died because of me. I didn't know you died seven months ago. I didn't even know your name until today. So, I am so sorry for your loss." Anna paused for a breath. "Also, I want to thank you. Because of you, I got to live to avenge Papa and my aunts and reunite with the man I love after so long. So, I'm sorry, and I thank you. May your soul find peace." She clapped her hands and rose to her feet.

Suddenly, the trio heard a shuffle behind them. They turned and saw a little girl dressed in white standing in the doorway.
Sign up to rate and review this story