Categories > Original > Romance

the story of the sky

by MyFriendsCallMeFrank 0 reviews

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Fantasy,Romance - Published: 2011-07-18 - Updated: 2012-10-10 - 655 words - Complete

0Unrated
Long ago, the forces of the world lived harmoniously together in peace.
However, one force, unhappy with her life, distraught by sadness, and loneliness, Ended this peace.


Once, two angels, looking down upon the universe, conversing over the wonders that lie within the vast openness, one asked the other...

"...Why does the brightest star burn lonesome in the day whilst the rest burn brighter as an army by the night?"

The answer he received...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Because she's leading the rest into battle. They are battling the darkness so that they can bring the light back to the world.

But if the stars burn by the night, and the sun is a star ahead of all, does that mean day is simply a brighter night, or the night, a darker day?

"The stars are searching." The other angel replied. "They are spread out because the darkness of the night captured the sun and hides it, so the stars are searching through the night to find the sun by morning."

Then the sun, they shall never find?

Exactly.
Because the stars don't know that the sun has broken free from it's captor the darkness, and is searching for the stars. The stars search the darkness endlessly for the sun, just as the sun endlessly searches for the stars in the light.

And of what destiny lies in wait for the moon?

The moon is the sun's love. He lies in wait for her. He instructs the stars to look for his beloved, thinking that she's still trapped within the darkness.

Just think of it. Endlessly searching for the love you lost, trying to regain that part of you, the other half of your heart.
It's all quite tragic, yet a beautiful story of love cherished and lost.

The story of the moon and the stars, the day and night, the burning fires of the suns burning heart, a story of tragedy, and of lost romance.

Though it's sort of beautiful, isn't it?

Absolutely

But destined to be apart.

Not destined. Forced! The darkness was terribly jealous of her sister, the sun, and wanted the moon to be hers, but he loved her sister.
Her jealousy eventually grew into a monster, and the monster was the darkness' pet, but the nature of this monster was evil! And after one outlandish command to many, the monster killed the darkness, spreading the pieces of her body across the universe, so that she could no longer control him!
Although physically dead, the darkness' spirit lingered on and manifested into a new being, a cloud of sadness and pain. Doomed to cry, and mourn the loss of her life eternally. She hated the monster for ruining her, so she slayed the beast, choking him, depriving him of love and happiness.
The beast, no longer able to feel love, or happiness, became saddened. His anger and hate swelled in his stomach, to the point that he burst!
Sending pieces of the beast, hurdling through the sky at a pace so quick they caught flame!
The darkness, in her new form, seeking revenge on her sister the sun, clouded the sun from view of the moon, parting them forever.
The darkness vowed in that moment, that if she could not love the moon with all of her heart, and he love her in return, no one could love him!
But the love the moon and the sun shared was too strong to be completely parted.
And so on the rare occasion we have an eclipse it's the darkness and clouds weakening, and breaking apart from the power of the love shared by the moon, and sun, so that the two could be together again.

Yet sadly, as we know, an eclipse doesn't last very long. So the two are then parted again for however long it is until the next eclipse, when they can be together again. Reunited through true, eternal love.

The End
Sign up to rate and review this story