Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Here I go again...

Chapter 3: Losing friends and gaining others

by TheatreGeek 1 review

Old friends aren't always as supportive as they can be, but new ones can sometimes open your eyes.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Angst,Humor,Romance - Characters: Gerard Way - Published: 2011-08-02 - Updated: 2011-08-02 - 1000 words - Complete

1Ambiance
The English lesson dragged on and on… we didn’t do any work, we basically just got told about how much hard work this year was going to be. Oh what fun.
At break, we flung our bags down at the bottom of the stairs to the drama studio. I sat down and Gerard sat on the opposite side of the stairway, facing me. “ so how was your first lesson here? “
“ oh god…” he ran a hand through his hair, pushing it back. I saw more of his face now. (WHOA… shut up about his face, I thought.) I laughed. Maybe this term wasn’t going to be so bad…
I had drama next, so I didn’t see him until lunch. I had my friends from last year in this class so I went over to speak to them. “ Hi Rach!”
“ erm… hi Tash…I’ve already promised to be in a group with Susie and Ella, hope you don’t mind?”
“ oh no, that’s fine…” I said. Wow. Thanks for ditching me, so called best friend. This was going to be another long lesson wasn’t it?
Despite it being the first day, the lunch queue was like a death trap as usual. I fumbled in my pocket for my lunch pass and stood in my place in the line. Seriously, just stand still and we’ll get in faster you retards. Gerard came in and scanned the queue room; he saw me and stood looking awkward.
“Just push in behind me, the year seven’s won’t do anything. “ I said, and he squeezed his thin body into the line. We were embarrassingly close in the heaving queue for food so I shoved my elbow into the stupid year eight in front of me to get a bit more room between me and the rather attractive boy stood behind me. Being 5ft 9 inches and being very skinny had its good points, you could move small kids with a quick jab in the back with a bony elbow.
Once in the huge dining room, we were pushed into the kitchen where the trays of food steamed.
“ wow… this looks….interesting” Gerard said, looking at some yellow substance which I think was supposed to be Cauliflower Cheese.
“ I’m getting a sandwich.” I said, cutting out of the line and going over to the fridge.
“ I think I’ll join you on that, “ Gerard said as he appeared beside me, “ god, there’s not much choice is there?” he grabbed a cheese sandwich and I took a turkey salad one.
“ yeah, you’re alright if you like cheese here.”
We walked out of the kitchen and scoured the room for a table. Rachel was waving frantically at me so I made my way over, Gerard following me. Oh joy, she was sat with Ella and Susie. “ Tasha sit here with us, we saved you a seat!” Rach said practically pulling my arm off.
“ oh… uh… okay,” I turned round to see Gerard standing awkwardly behind me,” but then Gerard hasn’t anywhere to sit…”
“ It’s okay… I’ll go and sit somewhere else. You can sit with your friends it’s fine” He was being so sweet, I’d only known him 3 hours and I was already ditching him.
“ See? Now sit down girl” I sat. I opened my sandwich and looked at my best friend.
“ Hi Rachel. How was your summer?”
“ Never mind about me, who was THAT? “ All three of them leaned in, staring at me.
“What? Who?” I looked at them, how they were eagerly looking at me for the latest gossip.
“ That guy you were with just now you retard! “ Susie laughed.
“ Oh, that was Gerard. He’s in my class.”
“ Get in there Tash!” they chorused, causing me to turn as red as the apple I’d got for dessert.
“ Shut UP! It’s not like that, I’m just showing him around today you idiots.”
“ Oh thank god. He’s a bit weird don’t you think? He’s all…messy looking and stuff.”
I looked across the room to where he was sitting, on his own at the end of the table, with all the popular guys at the other end. He was resting his head on his hand, eating his sandwich with the other. He stared into space, ignoring the guys at the end of the table.
“ Taaasshhaaaa… hellooooo?? “ That was Rachel again. “ Eat your lunch you skinny bitch”
“ erm.. I’m sorry guys I’m gonna go. I’m not really hungry anyway. “ I stuffed the remains of my sandwich back in its plastic box and rammed the apple in my blazer pocket . I ran to the kitchen hatch, chucked the sandwich in the bin and went to Gerard’s Table. “ hey, have you finished?”
“ Yeah, this sandwich tastes like crap.” He replied, smiling and throwing his food in the bin as we passed.
“ Whatever Tasha, you just go off with your new boyfriend that’s fine with us!” Susie called after me, causing all three of them to collapse with laughter. I looked at Gerard, “ sorry about them..” I started eating my apple to try and lighten my mood.
“ it’s fine, don’t worry about it, they just seem really immature if you don’t mind me saying.” He looked at me apologetically, his bright eyes looking straight into mine.
“ It…it’s fine.. they are quite immature yeah…like me I guess.”
“ No way, you’re waaay more mature than those girls. That’s why I didn’t sit with them. Sit together in lunch tomorrow? Your more interesting to talk to” He smiled at me, and I smiled back, then looked away, hiding behind my hair. I carried on eating my apple. chew and breathe chew and breathe I glanced sideways and saw Gerard fiddling with his bag strap again, his long tangled black fringe brushing his eyelashes. Oh god… I was in love.
Sign up to rate and review this story