Categories > Original > Horror

The Eclipse

by aseper2 1 review

Juse a random speech from a longer story I'm working on.

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-08 - Updated: 2011-08-08 - 291 words

1Ambiance
“Who am i? I’m the reason none of you go out at night anymore, i’m the reason you lock your doors and windows whenever you need to leave your children home alone, i’m the wind that blows on chilly nights, the cat you hear but never see, the rustling in the grass that has no source, i am the cold ice in your fearful lungs, i am the smoke above the inferno, I am he who darkness loves, i am the one sunlight fears, the reason children hide under the blankets, why dogs bark at the coming darkness.” He paused, Jay could almost feel the smile on the figures face, “I am the crows at midnight, the ripples in the water, the face you see in the trees. That is who I am, I am fear, I am what mothers threaten their naughty children with, and naughty children will be punished, I will see to that”

Jay was frozen, the bat hung loosely at his side, he should have run, should have shouted, but no sound or movement came, he couldn’t do anything, couldn’t do anything except watch.

The figure stepped closer, so close Jay could see his eyes above the collar of his coat, unnatural eyes.

Jays mouth opened in a silent scream.

“Have you been a naughty child Jay?” The figure smiled, the moonlight glistening on his perfect teeth.

“Naughty children get punished”

A hand appeared from inside the coat, something silver inside the perfectly formed fingers.

“Dawn is breaking soon, your precious light will appear over the horizon”

Jay tried to close his eyes, but he couldn’t move even his eyelids.

“But for you dear Jay, the eclipse is all that waits”
Sign up to rate and review this story