Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Run away, like it was yesterday, Killjoy!

HA! I never said I was on your side!

by PapaRoachGirlRayanna 0 reviews

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-08 - Updated: 2011-08-08 - 1165 words

0Unrated
As the night drew on, Nuclear Poison felt herself becoming more and more tired. Her legs were slowly packing in on her becoming even more numb by the pain every step. She had to keep walking. She had to reach her goal by morning, if she was ever to fulfil her job. Stumbling even more, Nuclear was thinking about the job her employers had given her. Surely it wasn't that difficult?

But if any Killjoys were the work out 'who' she was or 'what' her job was, it was then it would become more difficult then ever before.

Nuclear Poison didn't hate the jobs she was given, but she didn't love them either. But, it was the only way she could make a living in a barren desert land.

She was too deep in thought to see the rock in front of her.

She tripped, stumbled and finally face planted the floor. Her legs gave way, causing her too lay on the floor, unmoving.

It was then she fell into the unconsciousness.

~~~~~.~~~~~

"Hey sweetie, how're you feeling today?" A bright-smiling woman poked her head around the white door, staring down at the young girl in her bed.

"Fine thanks, mom. I take it you and dad are off to work?" The young girl sat up in bed and tried her best to smile, as she was still in a half-asleep state.

"Yep" The woman entered and placed herself at the other end of the bed, "Just thought I'd come and say goodbye, and that dad's left you your breakfast on the kitchen table. It's your favourite, waffles"

The young girl's eyes widened and a massive grin swarmed her face. Her mother chuckles,

"Thought that'd get you out of bed, Jenny" And with that the mom jumped off the bed and back downstairs to finish getting ready for work, Jenny closely behind.

Loud footsteps trudged down the staircase, and the smell of waffles arose; waking Jenny up from her slightly dazed state.

"Mornin' sleepy head" A bald headed man sat at the kitchen table, his smile reaching from one ear to the other, "Waffles wake ya?"

Jenny glared at him, and then at the waffles sat by him, "Dad, you know I can't resist your cooking."

The bald man smiled and said, "Mum's idea" before picking up his paper and reading it again.

It was the same old newspaper entitled "Battery City Times" with the well-known faces of the rogue Killjoys on the front, with a big red cross slashed through the photographs. The word "Exterminate" boldly placed through the photographs as well.

"JENNY? HAVE YOU SEEN MY MASK ANYWHERE? I SWEAR I LEFT IT ON MY BEDROOM DRESSER LAST NIGHT?" The shouting from somewhere else in the room, almost made Jenny drop her plate of waffles, from the sudden shock.

"TRY IN THE DRAW!" Jenny shouted back, before sitting down on a plain white chair, placed to the left of her dad's. "How's work then, dad?" The young girl smiled in an attempt to perk up a breakfast conversation.

"Fine thanks, love. The promotion I got, has been working out great. Your mother prefers being out in the field though. Me? I'd much rather sit in a comfy chair in a nice warm office" The bald man raised his head and smiled back, just in time to see his wife walk into the kitchen with a Draculoid mask on, covering her face, "And for another thing, I always disliked wearing those masks"

Jenny couldn't help but giggle as her mom walked around to the back of her dad's chair, and smack him playfully around the head.

"We're running late you know?" Her mom mumbled into her dad's ear.

"I was fully aware of that" The dad grinned sarcastically.

Jenny smiled as she saw her mom and dad grab their things, ready for another day to work inside Better Living Industries. Her mum was dressed in a bright white jumpsuit, with her Draculoid mask whilst her dad was dressed smartly in a grey suit, frilling out at the sleeves and collar.

"Korse! Move it!" Her mother was getting agitated, as her dad was fiddling with his phone. She only ever called her dad 'Korse' every once in a while, but her mom meant no harm by it, after all. It was his name. "We'll see you later Jenny, and don't forget to take your medicine!" This was the last thing she heard her mom say, before a bright green and white light flashed into her mom's chest. Her mother was flung backwards from the force of the unknown entity, making her fall sickeningly onto the floor, blood quickly escaping onto the pavement. Korse span around, as his beloved wife lay onto the white washed cement.

"APRIL!" Her dad screamed as he dropped down by his wife's side.

Jenny ran to the front door, to see if her mom was okay. She was crying uncontrollably and was in a state of shock. Jenny glance down the white cobbled streets to see a brightly dressed male, stood in the middle of the path, his ray gun still pointing in the direction of his victim. Killjoys were barely ever seen in Battery City, since they were outcasts of the community. People that ran away from they're home and their families, dressing in outrageously bright outfits, and rebelling against BL/ind.

"Korse? I love you. Take care of Jenny for me." And with that, her mother was unconscious on the cobbled pavement, blood pooling out of her open chest wound.

All Jenny could see through the tears in her eyes was a fury of red. She grabbed her dad's ray gun from of out his waist belt, and shot the shooter down. The brightly coloured Killjoy copied her mother actions and fell to the floor.

It was Jenny's first ever kill, and for some surprising reason, she didn't feel guilty about taking a Killjoy's life. Instead, she felt proud.


~~~~~.~~~~~

Nuclear Poison woke up bolt upright, breathing more rapidly and heavier then ever before.

Her nightmares kept haunting her of the day she had lost her mother, and the day when her dad had changed. Korse was usually a bright, cheerful man who was very comical. He would never hurt a fly. But after he witnessed the loss of his wife, something clicked in Korse's mind. His anger had gotten the better of him, and his passion for exterminating Killjoys had grown. He only acted nicely when he was around Jenny, and that was a rarity, since he was in love with his work.

Korse changed and so did Jenny.

It was then she took up the job of a bounty killer, and went around on jobs that her dad had given her. It was then she had grown hatred towards the Killjoys. It was then Jenny came up with the idea for her bounty hunter name. It was then, she disguised herself as a Killjoy and called herself Nuclear Poison.
Sign up to rate and review this story