Categories > Celebrities > Beatles > I Need You

Chapter 5

by BeatleBug 3 reviews

George writes another song for Pattie to preform via phone like the song before.

Category: Beatles - Rating: G - Genres: Drama - Characters: George Harrison,John Lennon,Paul McCartney,Ringo Starr - Published: 2011-08-08 - Updated: 2011-08-08 - 596 words - Complete

0Unrated
YET ANOTHER DISCLAIMER: I do not own the song, "I Need You" either.

A week or so had gone by before George wrote another song for Pattie. It had taken him a while because he wanted to make sure it was perfect. He made sure that this song didn’t have any loop holes for Pattie to point to and jump through like the songs before. He presented it to the others, and they agreed to put it on the album. When they were finished setting everything up like the time before, George called Pattie.
“Pattie? You there?” he asked. He paused for a moment before speaking again. “I have another song for you!” He paused, then set the phone down and hurried to the mic and began playing like the previous time.
You don't realize how much I need you.
Love you all the time and never leave you.
Please come on back to me.
I'm lonely as can be. I need you.

Said you had a thing or two to tell me.
How was I to know you would upset me?
I didn't realize as I looked in your eyes...
You told me.

Oh yes, you told me, you don't want my lovin' anymore.
That's when it hurt me.
And feeling like this, I just can't go on anymore.

Please remember how I feel about you, I could never really live without you.
So, come on back and see just what you mean to me.
I need you.

But when you told me, you don't want my lovin' anymore.
That's when it hurt me.
And feeling like this, I just can't go on anymore.
Please remember how I feel about you.
I could never really live without you.
So, come on back and see just what you mean to me.
I need you. I need you. I need you.
When he finished the song, he got back on the phone.
“Pattie?” he asked. “You still there?” The smile on his face once again became smaller. “Oh, alright. I guess I’ll wait. Thanks, Jenny.” He hung up.
“What’d she say?” Ringo asked.
“She had to go to work before she could hear the end,” George replied. “But she said she’d try to call back later.”
“Well, that’s good that she’s going to call back!” John said.
“Yeah, I guess you’re right…” he replied.
“Alright, boys- why don’t we get back to work?”
And so they did.
~~~
Later, when all the work for the day was done, George waited by the phone.
“Do you mind staying here alone, George?” Brian asked.
“I don’t mind…” George said, not taking his eyes off the phone.
“Alright, suit yourself! Just lock up when you leave!”
“Mmhm…”
George waited by the phone for a few more hours before giving up. He thought of depressing thoughts on the ride home. She’s never going to call… She’ll never come back… I’ll never find anyone else… I’ll be alone forever. Sure, his thoughts were overdramatic, but he didn’t care. He was too depressed.
When he got home, George just felt like going straight to bed. He would’ve fixed himself dinner, but he lost his appetite. As soon as he got to his bedroom, he started taking his clothes off until he was just in his boxers.
George rubbed his eyes before getting into his bed. Then he jumped. It wasn’t until then, George realized something was different about his bed-
There was a lump where Pattie usually slept.
Sign up to rate and review this story