Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > aa The World's Unfair

I'm Just Soggy From the Chemo

by drpeterick 0 reviews

cancer

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: G - Genres:  - Published: 2011-08-10 - Updated: 2011-08-10 - 1063 words

0Unrated
JAKE'S P.O.V

Four nights into the tour, everything was perfect. Everyone had someone and it was really nice. Turned out that Joe liked Andy too and was going to tell him in a couple of days anyway, so that worked out good. One thing was bothering me though. Mikey kept just disappearing. Not just around the venue, either. I saw him get into the car and go somewhere. I was pretty sure he was cheating, but I didn't want to believe that. I thought he loved me. Well, who could love me really. I was just another fling in his long line of conquests. He was probably only staying with me because we're in the band together. Breaking up would make it unbearable to be near eachother, causing our band to finish because we couldn't stand to be in the same room with eachother. That would be bad. The tour was on for another three weeks. After another week of Mikey just sneaking out and coming back looking dishevelled, I wanted to know what was going on.
'Mikey sit down.' I told him one night after he got back. It was pretty late and everyone else had gone to sleep. 'I want you to tell me honestly where you've been going at night.'
He looked a little caught in the headlights. He walked straight past me, ignoring the question. 'Mikey I just want to know if you've been cheating on me.'
'Yes.'
'Yes what?' I said not wanting to believe he'd just answered me.
'I've been cheating on you. With some guy in town. Sorry.' he said and shrugged it off. I felt me heart break in two. Why was he acting like this? Did I do something to make him hate me? Did he just stop caring?

We had a day off the next day and I just stayed in my bunk. I didn't want to face the world. I'd been crying all night so I hadn't got any sleep. Since Ronnie was still with us, Mike had slept on the couch. I watched his alarm go off, and he got his coat and left. I got up and followed him to the door. Pete was waiting for him, leaning against his car. They hugged and Pete went round to the drivers side to get in. He finally got Mikey into bed. Wow.

I didn't want to live if I didn't have Mikey. I sat in my bunk with my headphones on listening to my favourite sad song, Daisy by Brand New. I took out a knife and wrote the word 'UNFAIR' on my arm. I just wanted to feel pain. I laid back and fell asleep.
All of a sudden, I felt myself be lifted and carried somewhere. I didn't have the energy to open my eyes, so I just let it happen.

I woke up in a hospital bed with Mikey holding my hand and crying into it.
'What the fuck...' I groaned
'Oh my god you're ok! NURSE! Look everything will be fine i'll explain later.' Jumped up Mikey. He let the nurses move over me and then once they'd left, they said I could leave. I sat on the edge of the bed and looked at him. I could tell he'd been crying. I pushed myself off the bed and went to leave. He grabbed my arm and I shook him off.
'Please just listen to me' he pleaded.
'Fuck off Mike.' I said and walked out. What right did he have to fucking be anywhere near me? He cheated on me then acted like it wasn't a big deal. Well fuck him.

When I got back to the bus, I was depressed out my mind. Mikey burst in soon after and pleaded with me to give him a chance to explain. No such luck. I went to my bunk and pulled the curtain around me.
'Yo Craig? Davy? You here?' I heard Mikey yell.
'Yeah what's up?' I heard Craig groan. He and Davy obviously hadn't got up yet. I'd only been gone a couple of hours.
'I need to talk to you guys in the other room. Ronnie too' He said as the little red haired boy appeared out of the driver's bit. Gerald was having a lie down and everyone knew he was NOT a happy bunny if he was woken up. Mikey left with the three in tow, and went next door to Fall Out Boy's bus. I got up and walked around. I sighed into the atmosphere and took the cushion of the couch that Mikey had slept on. I breathed in deeply then set it down again. I hated to say it, but I still love him. Even if he is fucking Pete. In a hospital. Weird.

Just then, Patrick burst into the bus and gripped me into a death hug. 'Oh Jake... He loves you, he really does.' he said sobbing into my hair.
'What are you talking about?' I said into his shoulder. 'He isn't cheating on you with anyone. He's been going to the hospital to get it seen to.'
'Get what seen to?' I was happy but scared. Was he ill.
'He hasn't told you?'
'Look i'm getting really sick of this. What is going on?!' I practically yelled.
'Mikey's got cancer.' and my heart broke once again.

I stared at Patrick, not wanting to believe him.
'No... he can't.' I started crying.
The door opened and there stood Mikey. 'I'll leave you to it.' Said Tricky. He hugged me once more and left. Mikey walked in and I took a step back.
'Why didn't you tell me... why did you let me believe-'
'I just didn't want you worrying about me. I knew it would kill you.'
'So you let me think you were-'
'I'd rather you were angry at me than waiting for me to die.'
I ran to him and put my arms around him. He put one hand on my back and the other on my head.
'I'm never letting you go, my love' He said. I felt tears dripping on my head.
'I know. I love you.'
We stood in that embrace for what felt like an eternity.
Sign up to rate and review this story