Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > I Do

Chapter 2

by MCR_Vampire_321 3 reviews

Lady Madness tells Kobra Kid a little about her past.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-12 - Updated: 2011-08-12 - 1202 words - Complete

1Ambiance
While Party Poison found Lady Madness a room, the rest of us sat around discussing what we’d just found out. “Do you reckon she’s telling the truth?” Agent Anarchy asked “Korse would never get married to a killjoy.”
“Well she was wearing a wedding dress,” Fun Ghoul said “And I’d run out into the desert if someone told me I had to marry Korse.”
Everyone stared at him for a moment before continuing with the conversation “What if she was lying though?” Jet-Star asked “What if she’s a spy for Better Living Industries?”
“She has a killjoy name,” I told them “I’m certain she’s one of us.”
“Why would her parents try and force her to marry Korse if she was a killjoy?”
“I don’t know!”
“And anyone can make up a killjoy name,” Screaming Revolver reminded me “I’m just saying it’s risky. This girl could be real but she could be working for them. Is it worth the risk?”
“I don’t think we should judge her so quickly,” Party Poison commented, coming into the room “Personally, I think we should give her a chance to explain.”
“She could still be making stuff up!” Colourful Shadow protested.
Party Poison sighed “I think we’ll be able to tell if she’s lying or not.”
“How…?” Screaming Revolver asked.
Party Poison ignored her and went to the fridge. He pulled out a can of lemonade and left the room. Everyone glared at me as if it was my fault or something. What was my fault, I’m not sure. So I decided to ask “Why is everyone glaring at me?”
“Go talk to him!” Screaming Revolver hissed.
I got up “What exactly do we talk about?”
“Lady Madness,” Agent Anarchy whispered “And why he trusts her so much.”
So I walked up the stairs into Party Poison’s bedroom. He was sitting back on his bed, staring at the ceiling “Hey bro,” I greeted as I walked in. I sat next to him and started “So the others-“
“They want to know why I trust Lady Madness so much?”
“Well… Yeah… I trust her too! But they sent me upstairs because I’m your brother.”
“Why do you trust her?”
I shrugged “I don’t know it just seems like the kind of thing Korse would do.”
“Force someone to marry him?”
“Well no one’s gonna do it by choice!”
We both laughed. “I don’t know why I trust her, I just do.” My brother told me “It doesn’t seem the kind of thing that anyone would lie about. And I highly doubt that Better Living Industries would send out someone to spy on us.”
“Why do you doubt that?”
“I don’t think they’d encourage anybody to be a killjoy. They’d probably be worried about that person deciding to side with the killjoys. It’s something they’re not willing to risk.”
“I thought that once someone gave themselves to Better Living Industries that they couldn’t go back?”
“It depends,” Party Poison shrugged “Depends on whether you give them your real name.”
“Why does it matter?”
“They make a chip and insert it into your brain. But the chips don’t work unless they know your real name.”
“Why don’t they work without your real name?”
“I don’t know, go ask Better Living Industries!”
“But they capture people every day. Surely other killjoys wouldn’t hand over their true names without putting up a fight.”
“They don’t. Better Living Industries tortures them into telling them.”
I gulped “But what about the time we got caught?”
“They thought we were dead,” Party Poison reminded me “And we escaped because we’re cool.”
“So you’re certain than Lady Madness isn’t a fake?”
“Of course I’m not certain!” Party Poison laughed “Am I ever certain?”
“Well no…” I smiled “But if she’s a spy then we’re all in trouble!”
“I thought you trusted her too?”
“I do…” I re-assured him “Are you going to talk to her then?”
“Maybe you should talk to her?” He suggested “You were the one that found her after all.”
“I didn’t technically find her,” I said quickly “She asked for help so I gave it to her.”
“Just go talk to her.”
I got up and walked down the corridor before realising that I had no clue what room she was in. But it didn’t matter because the door at the end of the corridor was open so I peeked inside and sure enough, Lady Madness was there sitting on the edge of her bed and staring out the window.
I walked inside quietly “Lady Madness?”
She turned to look at me and smiled “Hi! Kobra Kid, right?”
I nodded, going to sit next to her “I hope this doesn’t seem rude but the others were wondering about you.”
“What do you mean?”
“They want to know… Well if you’re a killjoy then why were you being forced to marry Korse?”
“It’s my parents fault,” Lady Madness told me “Better Living Industries got hold of them about eighteen years ago and they begged to be set free. In the end they made an agreement that when I turned twenty-one I was to marry Korse.”
“And they just let your parents go free?” I asked “Why didn’t they run away as far as they could get?”
“They were given a place to live near Better Living Industries headquarters. They were kept under surveillance so that they couldn’t run away. I was kept under surveillance too while I was growing up so I couldn’t runaway either.”
“So how did you finally get away?”
“On the day of the wedding I was given an hour to calm myself down alone. I walked outside and I saw the desert. I decided that I’d rather take my chances out there than marry a man I didn’t love.”
“But Korse has gotta be like twice your age!”
“Triple my age!”
“And your parents just agreed to it?”
She nodded “They hated the lifestyle that Better Living had to offer.”
“So they gave up their daughter?”
“It was either that or a normal Better Living Industries life for all of us.”
“But still-“
“They were going to go free today,” Lady Madness told me “They’d have been allowed to go back to their killjoy base. I’d have been the one stuck at Better Living headquarters to live with Korse but I guess I’d have been safe. I wouldn’t have been put on medication, I wouldn’t have had that weird chip in my head and I wouldn’t have to had to tell him my real name.”
“You might’ve had to at some point,” I said “Some people think that giving up your real name is a sign of true love.”
“He knew I didn’t love him,” Lady Madness shrugged “But he didn’t care. He thought I was pretty.”
“He thought right.” I told her before blushing madly. She blushed too before smiling at me.
Sign up to rate and review this story