Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > The Ryden Conspiracy

...There's A Corpse In This Bed

by reinventlove152 2 reviews

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst,Drama,Romance - Warnings: [!!] - Published: 2011-08-18 - Updated: 2011-08-18 - 1290 words

2Moving
I'm sorry. :-/ you'll see why in a bit. Anyway, I've got the coolest freaking idea for the next chapters. I'm so excited :) I hope you will be too! R&R. xoxok

“Hello?”

The voice was flat, nearly devoid of emotion.

“Spencer Smith, please?” A second voice questioned. Spencer frowned at the phone, not recognizing the voice. He swore, if this was another media hound, trying to get information…

“May I speak to Mr. Spencer Smith, please?” The voice said again, interrupting his thought process. Spencer sighed.

“This is him.”

The line stayed quiet for a long moment, as if the voice didn’t want to reply.


“Mr. Smith, I trust you know a Mr. Walker and a Mr. Ross?”

Spencer sighed again. “Are you that idiot reporter again? Because I’ve already told you, we are not doing the scheduled inter-“

“Mr. Smith, I assure you, I’m not a reporter. Although you’ll probably wish I was in a moment.” Spencer frowned again. “What do you mean?”

“Mr. Smith, my name is Officer Glenn. I have news regarding Misters Walker and Ross.” The creeping tendrils of dread began to infiltrate Spencer’s heart and mind. “What about them?” Spencer asked, sitting heavily. Officer Glenn paused. “We’ve attempted contact with Mr. Urie as well, but he seems to be unavailable?”

Spencer ran a hand through his hair. “Brendon’s sleeping at the moment and I’d prefer to not wake him. Please, Officer. What’s going on?”

The officer sighed deeply, remaining quiet for a moment. He clearly didn’t want to say what he had to tell Spencer. “Mr. Smith, your friends have been in a rather serious accident just past the Nevada/California border.” Spencer gasped.

“Are they okay?”

“Mr. Smith, it appears that their car drifted into the lane of oncoming traffic. Just as they crossed the median, a semi-trailer hit their car, causing it to flip and ultimately pinning it against the low road wall.”

“Are they okay?”

“Mr. Smith, the semi-trailer pinned their car to a road wall, crushing it.

“Are they okay?”

“No, Mr. Smith. They’re not okay. Both are still alive, but barely. They’ve been transported to the ICU unit of the hospital. They’re not expected to last much longer. I’d recommend you go say your goodbyes. I’m truly sorry.”

Spencer hung up his phone, numb and shocked. He’d just seen them a few hours ago. They couldn’t be hurt. He couldn’t die. He wasn’t allowed to die. He stood and walked quickly to Brendon’s room, jolting the small man from his sleep. “We have to go. Now.” Something about Spencer’s tone caused Brendon to immediately get up, following Spencer out to the car with little more than a questioning look.

*

He looked so small on the hospital bed. So small and fragile. Spencer was seated next to him, holding his hand and stroking it gently. “Jon. Jon, please. Jon, I love you, please don’t die. I can’t live without you. Please, please don’t leave me.” He whispered over and over again, a mantra. The life support machine was the only thing that was keeping him tethered to the Earth right now, and they were shutting it down as soon as they said their goodbyes. Ryan’s situation was no better off. They’d be shutting his machine down shortly after Jon’s. He looked up to see Brendon leaned over Ryan’s bed, kissing him softly. Spencer stifled another sob. They just couldn’t die…

*

They were getting ready to shut down Jon’s machine. Brendon had already come over, sobbing out his goodbye to their old friend before returning to Ryan’s side. He said he couldn’t watch two deaths in one night. Spencer agreed.

Spencer gripped Jon’s hand tightly before leaning forward, his lips brushing Jon’s ear. “I will always love you, Jon Walker. You better damn well wait for me, because I’ll kick your ass if you’re not the first thing I see when I die.” He let out a watery chuckle. “Don’t you ever forget me, babe. I promise I’ll never forget you. Never. I love you. I love you. And I’ll be right here next to you the entire time. So don’t you be scared, Jon. Leave that to me, mkay?” He leaned forward and kissed Jon’s lips softly. Then he watched as they flipped the switch, cutting off his life support.

*

He’d gone back out to the car after telling Ryan goodbye. He told Brendon to come meet him out there… later. Brendon nodded, his bottom lip trembling as he’d watched Spencer walk away. And now he sat in the car, clutching Jon’s bloody shirt and sobbing his heart out. He’d just watched his best friend and lover die. “No. No. NO! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! YOU CAN’T BE DEAD, DAMMIT JON! YOU CAN’T, YOU CAN’T, YOU CAN’T!” And then he saw Brendon. He was paler than he’d ever seen him and he could tell he was shaking even though he’d just walked out the doors. “No,” he whispered again.

*

Spencer awoke, panting and shaking. Brendon was curled up on the bed next to him, watching. “Are you alright, Spencer?” he asked sleepily, but still managing to sound concerned. “It looked like you were having a nightmare.” Spencer gasped, suddenly realizing that he’d only dreamt what he thought had been reality. It had only been a dream. Jon was still alive! He let out a long sigh.

“Yea, Bren. Yea, I’m alright.”

“Spencer? Why did Ryan leave? I mean, really? Why did he leave? Doesn’t he love me?” Brendon asked, gazing up at Spencer. And instead of remaining the calm, collected person he usually was, he blew up in Brendon’s face.

“IT’S NOT JUST ABOUT YOU AND RYAN, BRENDON! I LOST JON, TOO. I LOST JON, I LOST JON, BRENDON AND I’LL NEVER SEE HIM AGAIN BECAUSE RYAN TOOK HIM AWAY FROM ME AND HE’S GONE OH MY GOD HE’S GONE I LOVED HIM SO MUCH I LOVE HIM I LOVE HIM WHY DID HE LEAVE ME?”

Spencer screamed, tears running openly down his cheeks. But Brendon didn’t act the way he’d
expected. No, Brendon pulled Spencer into his arms and just held him, letting him cry it out. “I know, Spencer. I know. Shhhhh. It’s going to be okay. We’ll be okay. Just let it out. We’ll get through it, honey. I promise.”

*
Brendon wasn’t sure how he was going to get through this. He had no idea at all how to get Spencer through this too. But Brendon was starting to get an idea. And maybe, just maybe, his idea would take his mind off Ryan. He smiled. Yes, it should do exactly that.

Again, I apologize. That was a cruel trick, I know. But I'm going to make it up to you. I'm going to post a lyric that has to do with the next chapter, and if you can guess what the next chapter is going to be about, I will give 20 points to Slytherin. Mkay, ready?? Mirrors on the ceiling,The pink champagne on ice. And she said ’we are all just prisoners here, of our own device’ And in the master’s chambers, They gathered for the feast. They stab it with their steely knives, But they just can’t kill the beast. I'll be doing this for each of the next few chapters. Good luck! :D xoxok
Sign up to rate and review this story