Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

Car Crash

by Wicked_Lovely 4 reviews

From there everything was just a blurred mess mixed with the sound of screeching tires and breaking glass.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Angst,Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-20 - Updated: 2011-08-20 - 808 words - Complete

2Moving
The car was speeding down the highway, the two boys laughing as the second car followed them. Brendon was driving, Ryan sitting shotgun with his legs propped up on the dash. Spencer and Jon were in the car tailing them, having Brendon lead them to the concert the group was going to. The radio was on faintly in the background, the two chatting and laughing as Brendon drove.
The sun had set hours ago, leaving the highway in darkness that was only illuminated by the headlights that streamed forward. The road was slick with rain from earlier in the day, the clouds still hanging in the air as they waited to downpour. The night had been a good one, the group going from place to place as they waited for the perfect time to leave. Everything had been going perfectly.
At least, that's what Brendon had thought before the car next to them slammed into their smaller car, from there everything was just a blurred mess mixed with the sound of screeching tires and breaking glass. Brendon tried to get out of the way, the car swerving into the safety rail. It crashed into it, rolling in the other direction. Once. Twice. On the third time it stopped, the car skidding across the pavement just a little more before coming to a complete stop.
Brendon held still for a second, his sense of direction completely gone. There was a sharp pain in his right side and arm, but ignored it as he opened the door, falling onto the cold wet pavement below. He coughed a few times, finding the taste of copper in his mouth as a red liquid dripped out of it. He crawled away, noticing that his right arm was basically useless. He looked back at Ryan, who was knocked out.
The smell of gasoline hung in the air and a sense of panic and urgency ran over Brendon. He stood, his right arm limp at his side as he walked to the other side of the car. It was upside down, making everything all that more difficult. Hunks of glass and metal littered the ground, making it look more like it was a scene from a movie.
A pair of hands fell on his shoulder, and he turned to face a concerned Spencer.
"Jon's going to get him. Brendon...are you okay?" His voice was soft and caring, and Brendon couldn't help the smile that crossed his face.
"My arm hurts, and there's this stinging sensation in my side. But I should be-" He was cut off as Jon's voice pierced the air along with screams of pain.
"He's stuck!" Jon screamed and Brendon quickly rushed over to them, going to the ground so he could get a better look at the broken windshield and the body that sat behind it. Ryan's feet and calves were pinned by metal and broken glass, the skin that was showing through the holes in his jeans resembling that of ground beef. Brendon pushed away the wave of nausea that hit him as he looked at Ryan. He was biting his bottom lip, taking shallow breaths as he tried to calm the pain.
"We're going to get you out. I promise." Brendon said as he started to pry the metal upwards, the glass cutting into his hand. Ryan shook his head, tears filling his eyes. The smell of gasoline seemed to get thicker, and the adrenaline coursing through Brendon made him work faster his hand quickly turning into a bloody mess as he tried to pry Ryan out of his seat.
"Brendon, stop." Ryan's voice was rough, his words soft. Brendon shook his head no. The smell of gasoline started to mix with that of smoke, making Brendon even more sick.
"Not until I get you out." Brendon sounded pathetic, and both of them knew it. Jon and Spencer pulled him away from the wrecked car, Spencer comforting him as smoke started to rise, making Ryan cough.
It didn't take long for the flames to engulf the car, the screams of pain coming from inside being unbearable for Brendon to hear as he watched Ryan burn to death. He was crying, his arms around Spencer's waist with his head on Spencer's shoulder. Jon was holding one of his hands, Spencer rubbing his back comfortingly as the youngest cried.
It was that night that Brendon's world fell apart around him.
No matter how many times he was told it wasn't his fault, he couldn't get the guilt out of his head.
No matter how many times he knew it couldn't be helped, he couldn't get over the fact that he was dead.
No matter how many times Spencer and Jon told him it would be okay, he couldn't believe them.
For him, the world had come apart at the seams.
Sign up to rate and review this story