The return to Britain, and the first strikes are made. Ron is taken care of and Voldemort learns why you can't always depend upon the purely magically educated.
- Very nice, they are hitting them hard. Funny bit about them not able to use the gizmo's. :)
Author's responseThanks -- I really doubt if many hard-core British purebloods would 'debase' themselves and actually learn about technomagic. The members of the ministry who might (ie a competent Arthur Weasley type) would have left or been fired by this point
- So is Ron the guest at the feast or the main course? It seems like I remember some of the pacific island cultures were somewhat cannabalistic. I enjoyed the chapter. Thanks for writing. W.
Author's responseGuest -- he'd be too stringy to be an entree
(#) deckman1063 2011-08-21 01:57:41 PMGood stuff so far, I am looking forward to the next chapter. I was somewhat confused by some of the jumps in this chapter - there was little to no transition between scenes. Even a line or something would have been helpful. Apart from that, keep up the good stuff!
Author's responseEach section is marked off by a (when I write it, there are *, but the site changes that to just )
H'm, okay, each section is marked off by one star. I have three when I upload, but the site changeds that to one!
- Poor Tom, it seems there are unspoken/unmentioned assumptions that trip you up every time. At least Ron is out of the way and can't cause further problems though I suspect Albus' picture and Severus will not appreciate this (methinks they'll appreciate even less the assistance Harry & Hermione have brought back). It's going to be rather amusing watching the remaining purebloods trying to understand and maintain the gizmos when they understand nothing of the theory and knowledge behind them (I'll wager that even the appropriate manuals, assuming there are any and, given wizard logic, that's a questionable assumption, are either missing or not understandable by under- or mis-educated purebloods). It looks like Tom's in for a most interesting time.
Author's responseI'm sure the manuals either left with the 'blood traitors' or are under conjured tablelegs to even them out.
(#) anwilliams 2011-08-21 08:20:11 PMHi,
Yay, we have met Luna. I'm sorry she was so abused, but I hope she will be a part of the story now.
So it is the old believers that are going to plague Tommy this time. Cool!
How fun, Tom's Ministry can't do much because Tom has removed the people that make the stuff run.
Author's responseYep; what would happen if the Ministry actually did get rid of all those pesky people without the proper bloodlines?
H'mmm, maybe I can do something with that. . . .
- ::snicker:: I quite suspect either use for the manuals is more likely than the purebloods trying to use them, let alone understand them. I'm looking forward to seeing the mayhem if they get hold of any truly advanced techomancer products.
Author's responseI doubt most could find the power switch
- Tweaky old analog gear? It they hadn't gone after HP, they could have sent it out to the Agilencers' cal-labs. Now their enemy knows the equipment better than they do, and HPIB (Harry is back). With a little House-Elf/Collective investigation and technomage analysis, that gear can probably be backdoored to track DEs as well.
Is Severus scheduled for a personal encounter with the Great Queen this time? That should be fun to watch. Draco's probably going to guest-star in a stakeout. We don't have clues yet, but it won't surprise me if Luna is merciless from now on.
Fun as always; pray continue.
Author's responseThe technomages don't need the 'old analog gear' -- they brought the new stuff, which is now they are picking off the DEs one at a time. As for Draco . . . he'll envy his father's death. Luna and Hermione are only allowed to stick around because Harry needs the emotional support. The 'professionals' are in charge and actually competent.
- Heh, I continue to like the idea of Harry's Apparation accuracy being greatly enhanced if he is apparating to the girl he loves... Hermione. :-)
Nice little scene with Luna. POOR LUNA! Wondering how she'll react once she's well. On the other hand, if she was preoccupied with thoughts of vengeance she would have probably leaped up from her bed there and then and demanded to see Draco?
- ... she had been abused and the two major abusers were dead.
Lucius and who was the other? Draco's still alive and Luna wasn't told about anyone else?
Snape's Dark Mark being an albatross about his neck is an interesting notion.
The scene with Ron was amusing. 'Huh?'. :-)