Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance

How To Be A Fabulous Killjoy

by AppleButter 0 reviews

Out of pure boredom.....

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst,Drama - Characters: Frank Iero,Gerard Way,Mikey Way,Ray Toro - Published: 2011-08-21 - Updated: 2011-08-21 - 759 words

0Unrated
Well, I am really bored and I wrote this while listening to LeATHERMOUTH, My Chemical Romance, and Mindless Self Indulgence... Enjoy.....

-Steph


Ever wonder who the Fabulous Killjoy's were?

The Killjoys are the alter-egos of Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Frank Iero, and Ray Toro. They live and rebel in the future set in 2019, controlled by a totalitarian government and Better Living Industries. Radiation was released into the atmosphere, killing quite a few people, and we are the survivors. The Killjoys are a band of sci-fi punked-up rebels whose main occupation is screwing with the government and BL/ind.

Want to create and have your own killjoy?

Like all good alter-egos, these guys have some hardcore names– Party Poison (Gerard), Fun Ghoul (Frank), Jet Star (Ray), and Kobra Kid (Mikey). Awesome, right? So now embrace your alter-ego and give her/him a name.

EX. Note how Party = Joy and Poison = Kill, same with Fun Ghoul and even Kobra Kid.

Although you can take this anyway you want, try to stay within a sci-fi/techie theme. Remember, this is 2019. Be your own killjoy though, not a knock-off, stereotypical Mary Sue.

If you want to be a Killjoy, you have to have your own style.. right?

Observe the outfits the Fabulous Killjoy's use. Bold colors are good, as are jeans or cargo pants. If you can get a gun holster on them, all the better! I also think stripy tights fit in very well. Leather jackets always have rocked, and especially do when you're a Killjoy. Studded belts also follow the leather jacket rule. Layering is excellent because out there in the Zones, you never know if you'll be caught in an acid rainstorm one minute or sweltering heat the next.

Everyone needs a mask! Although not all the time.

Masks are great additions, but try to opt for one covering only half of your face. This is an anonymous age, and you want to be the one unafraid to show yourself. These masks aren't worn all the time, but you should have one on hand anyway. Also on the list– bandanas, fingerless gloves, the occasional helmet, aviator sunglasses, maybe some goggles, and wristbands.

You have to have the right hair!

You can do just about anything with your hair. The guys keep it down, but it's your choice to wear it however you would like to! If dying your hair Gerard-pink/ginger, go ahead, but you don't have to. Originality! Remember?? Being a Killjoy is ALL about non-conformism.

Your Killjoy needs its own symbol... or use the Fabulous Killjoys'

It's a sort of spider thing. Look at the album cover (Danger Days: The True Lives Of The Fabulous Killjoys), it's on there. Or.... create your own symbol! (ORIGINALITY PEOPLE!) Put this symbol anywhere! On that subject, combat boots are nice shoes for the occasion. And get a laser gun!!!!! This is very important! You need to be able to gun down those Draculoids and Scarecrows! The rule of color still applies here – bright primaries are brilliant!

Your Killjoy needs to have an attitude!

One of the most important bits of being a Killjoy is being passionate! Care about something! Get a cause, learn as much as you can about it, and then fight like crazy for it! Defend the weak! Fight for equality! Just give a damn, okay? The Killjoys are rebels, and rebellion can certainly be good, but don't go crazy. Rebellion for the sake of rebellion is just juvenile pouty destruction and nobody wants that. If there's oppression, push against it and work for what you think is right, but don't be a rude, annoying ass, little kid. If you want respect, give it. Unless of course you're fighting some Dracs, in which case screw ‘em.

Enjoy every second of being a Killjoy and rock out!

Rock out, be yourself, listen to loud music, hang out with your friends, and just have a good time! Enjoy running around going “Pew pew pew!” with your laser gun. Playing around with some sci-fi is epic!

You have to have a motto!

"Art is the Weapon" is a major slogan for the Killjoys. It doesn't matter what your art is, just do it, love it, and be creative. BL/ind wants us to conform, and we can't let that happen! Follow your own path, question everything, and think for yourself.

R&R and tell me if this helped you with your own Killjoy! I would be glad to help you come up with your! Not to mention help design it!
xoxo Steph!(:
Sign up to rate and review this story