Categories > Games > Mega Man > Phoenix Evolution

Discoveries

by darkskysong 0 reviews

What's a Booster battle chip and Lan and MegaMan receive an invitation.

Category: Mega Man - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Other - Published: 2006-06-05 - Updated: 2006-06-06 - 996 words

0Unrated
AN: I needed to get this chapter uploaded for my mind's sanity. This fanfic has been almost finished for awhile except for a few bumps in the road which my friend helped to smooth.
AN2: hope you enjoy reading this one. R&R.


------------------------------------------------------------


Chapter Six - Discoveries

"Lan, I did some research on TamaMedia's Boosters. There are some interesting things these babies can do."

Lan sat in his desk chair backwards and faced his Navi in the port. "So tell me more, MegaMan."

"There are five different levels of the Booster chip. Each level above level one also has another affect. In other words, boosts other areas of the battle."

"So what does each level do then?" Lan leaned on his elbows.

"Level One Booster only increases the power of the chip. Level Two Booster increases chip power and boosts speed. A Level Three Booster increases chip power and also creates a barrier that protects the Navi from all attacks for a short period of time. Level Four Booster triples chip power. Level Five Booster increases chip power and also regenerates 100% of the Navi's energy levels."

"TamaMedia definitely have got interesting extras on their chips. I wish I had a Level Five; that would be so cool."

MegaMan shrugged. "Good luck finding one. I don't think Higsby even has one. TamaMedia probably won't make any more than the three Level Five Boosters they released."

"Oh well, I can dream."

"Worked out how Phoenix and Obelix used the Level Three Booster yet?" MegaMan said cheekily.

"Kaie had used Area Steel then a Level Booster. That's why they disappeared and the barrier was an effect of the chip."

"You got it."

He put his head on his folded arms across the back of the chair. "I still don't understand how I could have used the Level One Booster in our battle, MegaMan."

"I wondered about that too," said MegaMan. "Maylu has a copy of the Double Battle rules so I got Roll to send them to me."

Lan looked up. "So you found the answer?" he said hopefully.

"Yeah. The rules say that if a Navi uses a partner's chip, it is like it was downloaded to that Navi as well."

Lan's expression was blank. "And?"

"If you had used the Booster, according to the rules the Aqua Tower would have been boosted and because water defeats fire, the towers would have cancelled each other out."

"Maylu and I could have won?"

"It could have been possible."

"Maylu will bite my head off if she finds out."

"I think that will be sooner than later."

"Great," Lan said dismally.


--------------------


"Have you found out what a Questing Tournament is?" Lan asked.

"Major companies organise Questing Tournaments." Yai answered smugly. "These tournaments test contestants" skills in other areas than NetBattles. There are usually a series of levels that NetBattlers have to overcome first to get into the finals."

Maylu was very interested. "How often are Questing Tournaments held?"

"They're held whenever, wherever the company organising it likes."

Lan hesitated to ask. "I don't suppose you've heard of a tournament coming up?"

"Sorry."

"I wonder how Chaud saw Kaie in a Questing Tournament last year" queried Tori.

"Maybe Chaud was in it." Dex said.

"You said major companies ran Questing Tournaments, right?" Maylu asked Yai.

"Yes."

"What if BlazeQuest had a Questing Tournament?"

"A record of tournaments says BlazeQuest Games did have one last year." Glide informed them.

"Ah ha! Chaud must know Kaie from their tournament that's why he told me not to judge her." Lan said triumphantly

"Somehow I don't think so," said MegaMan.

"Why?"

"Kaie is just as secretive as Chaud is. It's much more likely that they have no more than a formal, business relationship."

"Perhaps you're right."

"I usually am."

"Show off."


--------------------


"Lan. La-an." MegaMan got louder. "La-an. Laa-aan."

Lan still didn't wake up. "Lan!"

"What MegaMan?" Lan grumbled, still half asleep.

"Lan!"

Lan fell out of bed, wide-awake. "What's so important that you had to scare me like that?"

"Lan relax, I wanted to get you up," said MegaMan. "You've got video mail."

"It can wait." Lan got back into bed. "I'm going back to sleep. It's Saturday."

"I really think you should view it." MegaMan insisted.

He threw off the covers. "Alright, play it."

"To Lan and MegaMan, I cordially invite you both to participate in the TamaMedia Questing Tournament. This is an invitation only tournament with a large winner's prize. We aim to test the best and it is anyone's game. All contestants will be flown into TamaMedia Stadium. The TamaMedia Questing Tournament will be held over seven days. Everything will be arranged for the NetOps that agree to participate by replying to my invite. Until we meet at the tournament. Kaie Tama, spokesperson for TamaMedia."

"TamaMedia has invited us to their tournament." Lan was really excited. "A real Questing Tournament."

"So are you replying?" MegaMan asked.

"Of course." Lan shoved his fist in the air. "We're going to win it!"

The phone rang.

"Who could that be?" Lan picked it up. "Hi Maylu, what's up?"

"Did you get invited to the TamaMedia Questing Tournament?"

"Yes."

"I knew it! I am a great NetBattler."

"What are you talking about? Hey, did you get invited?"

"To Maylu and Roll. I cordially invite you both to participate in the TamaMedia Questing Tournament." she mimicked. "This is so cool Lan. A tournament of the best and I'm a part of it."

"Hey," Lan said indignantly.

"Sorry Lan. It's usually you getting all the recognition. I'm just excited."

"So am I."

"I'll see you later Lan."

"Bye." Lan hung up the phone.

The PET alert went off. "Lan, mail."

It was Phoenix. "Thank you for joining the TamaMedia Questing Tournament. A TamaMedia vehicle will pick you up at your address on Friday, 9 am sharp."


------------------------------------------------------------

AN3: the next chapter starts the last stage to my story so I hope to complete the last bit soon. *and save my sanity*
Sign up to rate and review this story