Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(6) Insight

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 1 review

Kacy starts to feel a little bad for Brendon but not bad enough to let him take her heart as his own for a night since she's sure that's all he wants.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst - Published: 2011-08-23 - Updated: 2011-08-23 - 1265 words - Complete

0Unrated
The movie theater had never seemed so far away as it did right now while I sat in Brendon’s car thinking over my stupidity. Hang out with him? He’s driving. What if I want to leave? I felt trapped.

Brendon turned the music up, singing along as I contemplated this entire idea of getting him to give up on me. Slowly I stopped thinking as I listened to him singing. He did have a beautiful voice, which was never something I doubted. He looked over at me and smirked as he realized I had started focusing on him. “You have a thing for musicians.” He stated as an accusation.

“I like your voice. Surely that’s something you’re used to by now.” I retorted. “It is after all what makes you. Without that you wouldn’t have so many drooling fan girls everywhere.”

“Well it’s a mixture of that and my good looks.” Brendon said, pouting his lips for me in a sexy facial pose.

I rolled my eyes and nodded. “Sure.” Though he was also good looking. I just didn’t like how conceited he was. That was a complete turn off.

Finally we pulled up to the movie theater and I groaned, realizing I would most likely have to deal with Lisa assuming I was on a date with Brendon Urie. For some reason I really didn’t want anyone in my life to think that I was that easy, I didn’t like the idea of being someone Brendon had conquered. I just didn’t want to be that kind of girl.

“Are you ready to get your mind blown?” Brendon asked, grinning at me.

“I’m ready for this to be over so that I can go back to the comfort of my room and feel like I’m not being stalked by a creepy lead singer guy.” I blurted out; thinking out loud was a constant problem with me.

If I wasn’t mistaken I believe I saw hurt in Brendon’s expression. Unfortunately it just wasn’t in me to come up with an apology so I let it go and started walking inside the theater with him. Thankfully he didn’t stay down for long because as soon as we got our tickets he was at the counter ordering a lot of candy, looking excited. We were going to see scream 4 so I was a little excited as well. I was a sucker for horror films.

“Kacy?” Lisa asked confusion in her tone.

Here we go. “Hey.” I replied, trying to play it off that I was here with Brendon.

“So it worked out?” Lisa whispered, leaning across the counter to talk to me. It made me want to smile, I missed her. We had only been arguing for a few days but that was still too long.

“Nope.” Was all I said back though as I left the counter, leaving her there looking after me with a look of confusion on her beautiful face. She couldn’t understand why I didn’t want to be with Brendon but she didn’t understand that he didn’t want me for longer than a night as a conquest. No one seemed to understand that one night wasn’t worth it for me.

Brendon carried his snacks as I handed our tickets over, passing through to the actual show. We sat at the very top, there wasn’t anyone there yet but its popularity had already passed. The majority of horror fans had seen it the first night it played and now it was a few days later.

“I have chocolate, sour, and sweet.” Brendon said, offering me my pick of his candy. I shook my head though. “I’m good right now.” Then I shifted uncomfortably. We were early so the pre-previews were just now playing.

Another group joined us in the dark theater, sitting down further than us since we were at the very top. I was glad they hadn’t decided to sit up here as well. I liked sitting alone during movies. They kept staring up at us though and it was making me uncomfortable. “Hey Brendon?” I asked, wanting the staring to stop.

“Yeah?” He asked, taking a drink of his root beer, concentrating on which candy he wanted first.

“Do you know those people?” I asked, not understanding why they were staring.

He took one look and shook his head, “No, I don’t.”

“I’m going to go get something actually.” I said, standing.

Brendon stood as well. “No, you stay. I’ll get it for you. What would you like?”

“Nacho’s and a diet Pepsi.” I stated, still wanting to be the one going to get it. I just wanted to not feel stared at for a few minutes. I wasn’t used to it.

“I’ll be right back.” Brendon said, leaving the dark theater to go get my snacks for me. Someone from the group stood up and approached, making me apprehensive.

“Yes?” I asked rudely, as she got closer.

“Are you on a date with Brendon Urie?” She gasped. Fan girls. I had completely forgotten for a moment that the rest of the world would be watching him wherever we went.

I didn’t know how to respond. I found it absurd that all of these girls found it okay to stare at him and then ask questions about his life. What happened to privacy?

“That is absolutely none of your business. Have you no tact?” I didn’t understand if she meant to be so intrusive or if it just happened like how Lisa just gave my address to some band she liked.

Was everyone crazy?

The girl walked off with a hurt look. Great so I’m the only sane one and my sanity is insulting people?

“Back.” Brendon stated as if it wasn’t obvious.

“Thank you.” I replied, taking my nacho’s and drink from him. As Brendon sat next to me I started shoving nacho’s in to my mouth hungrily. I hadn’t eaten yet today. Brendon was staring at me. I noticed that the girls were as well. Now I was going to forever be a bitch and slob in their minds.

“Hungry?” Brendon asked, looking at me like I was insane.

I nodded and drank a little bit, pausing. “Do you ever get tired of it?” I asked.

“Of what?” Brendon asked, deciding that he wanted sour candy.

I reached over and stole one of his sour patch kids candy’s and continued speaking. “Getting stared at? People wanting to know all of your actions without even taking the time to actually know you?” I asked.

Brendon looked down at his candy and shrugged. “They are all star struck.” He responded, as if it didn’t matter.

I bit my lip and looked down at the group of girls. When they saw me staring back they quickly looked away and started whispering. I had a strong feeling that it did matter to Brendon.

But then the movie started and silence fell over us all.



--- **

Meant to get this out yesterday but I struggled a little bit with it. Thankfully I have a solid plan and hope to be over this small case of writers block though. Again thank you to ShootingStars who helped me overcome my desperate want to shove the story away for a little while. Your reviews made me stick with it and get back on track =) And thanks to GAClive as well!
Sign up to rate and review this story