Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(9) Practice Makes Perfect

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 2 reviews

Kacy caves and goes to watch the boys practice.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-23 - Updated: 2011-08-24 - 957 words - Complete

1Moving
**

The end of the school day finally came and I found myself more than excited to exit the doors I usually loved entering. Oh, how everything had become turned upside down.

Brendon was waiting outside like he said he would be. He was actually standing next to his parked car with girls swarming around him in awe. I could see his lips curved in to a smile as he talked to them.

I actually almost tried to make a getaway and just bypass them so that I could head home, he seemed occupied enough but I was wrong and he wasn’t. “Kacy!” Brendon yelled and the girls all stared at me. I swear I could see hate in some of their eyes. How could they want a guy so badly that they didn’t even know?

Calmly I walked towards Brendon and smiled, “Hey I think I’m going to head home. I’m tutoring someone later tonight so I have to get stuff ready for that.” Lie.

Brendon looked hurt. “Really?”

I nodded. “Yeah, sorry.”

“Practice will be short.” Brendon said softly, taking my hand in his. My hand stiffened and I pulled it away.

“Fine. But I don’t have much time.” I said, coldly.

Brendon nodded and waved to the girls as we got in to his car. “Did I do something wrong without knowing it?” He asked.

I looked at him in surprise. “What do you mean?”

He didn’t start the car and instead turned and looked at me. “You’re even colder than usual.”

I shrugged. “I just had a bad day I guess.”

“Tell me about it.” Brendon said, leaning back in his seat.

“Right here in the parking lot?” I looked out the window and saw people staring at us.

“I’m willing to talk to you anywhere.” Brendon said softly, seeming insulted by his next response. “It seems you’re the one that has problems being seen with me. Am I not good enough?” This wasn’t him being his usual conceited self. He seemed hurt and I didn’t like it. It just wasn’t like him.

“I don’t mean to come off like that.” I said, looking down at my hands because it was basically spot on with how I was acting. “I’m not used to the attention.” I admitted. “And today everywhere I went everyone seemed to want to talk to me but not because of me… Because of you.”

Brendon nodded. “I’m sorry. Do you want me to take you home?”

I couldn’t explain why but going home seemed to be out of question at the moment. I felt I needed to comfort him in some way. I didn’t want to hurt him. I just couldn’t bring myself to physically comfort him though. That would be a lie for both of us. “I want to see you practice.” I said, smiling.

Brendon’s lips curved in to a smile and he nodded before starting the car and driving away from all the people staring at us. It still pulled at me though that no matter where we went there would be other people staring at us. They would make up their own versions of what was happening when really nothing at all was happening.

**

I smiled at the boys as they practiced and I had to admit that this was my absolute favorite song but I figured they knew that since Brendon had asked me what I wanted to hear and I specifically requested it. They were currently playing New Perspective. (I’m aware this was with Spencer and Brendon but just go with it? =) )

Once down I realized I had been here an hour and a half and the guys were slightly sweaty. It seemed all that performing really was work. I knew that but kind of underestimated it for some reason.

“Hi.” Brendon said, coming up to me and looking at my homework that I had started working on while they practiced.

“Hey.” I said back, awkwardly.

Then Spencer joined us and broke our eye contact. “How’d you like it?”

“You guys are great!” I said, enthusiastically. “But of course you already knew that.”

“Not necessarily.” Spencer said, grinning. “It’s always nice to hear it.”

I laughed. “Not enough screaming fan girls, need some more?”

Spencer nodded. “Always.”

“So when would you like to finish our movie?” Brendon asked, wiping his forehead.

I shrugged, putting away my homework. I was almost finished anyway. “Whenever you’re free I guess. I don’t have to be anywhere until 9.” It was only a little after 5.

“Well, can we do it after?” Brendon asked.

“Sure.” I agreed. “Did you sleep all day?” I asked.

“Why do you ask?” Brendon asked, grinning.

“You’re thinking that there will be a past 9 tonight.” I joked then shook my head. “But it’ll be fine. I’m just tired.”

Brendon nodded. “We can wait until tomorrow.”

“No, tonight is fine.” I said, grabbing my now packed backpack. “Could you drop me off at home?”

“Thought you were free until 9?” Brendon asked.

“Well I could go home and do homework until then. I do know how to entertain myself.” I argued.

Brendon gave me a look that said he very much doubted that. “With a room like yours? I doubt it.”

“That’s slightly insulting. I’m not a direct reflection of my room.” I said, annoyed with how he kept bringing up my room to insult me. Never before did I even think a room could be used against someone.

Brendon’s lips tugged in to a smile and he nodded at me. “I know you're not.” He admitted.
Sign up to rate and review this story