Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Almost

(15) Everyone, Fight!

by XxPerfectTomorrowxX 2 reviews

Alex loses his cool during his date with Kacy.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-26 - Updated: 2011-08-26 - 1916 words - Complete

4Exciting


Thankfully for our second date, well third if you count the trick date, Alex had decided to take me somewhere less dressy- the coffee shop. We were sitting waiting for our coffee in silence as we both tried to think of things to say.

"So... Feel better?" Alex asked.

Seriously? I bit back any harsh remark I had at the stupidity of that question. "Yeah, I do." I responded, looking around at the other people in the shop.

"Has Brendon left you alone?" Alex asked.

I shrugged and lightly bit my bottom lip, "I don't really mind when he's around." I stated, since that had become the truth as of lately.

"I do." Alex said, his eyes flashing angrily. "I don't want you hanging out with him. It only gives him ideas."

"He knows nothing will come of his 'ideas'." I said, air quoting ideas as I watched Alex's reaction. He looked quite angry. That did nothing other than make me angry. Why was Alex so upset? I didn't belong to him.

"I don't think he does Kacy." Alex stated, staring me down. "Just don't hang out with him anymore."

"He's my friend." I said, even though that wasn't entirely correct.

"No, he's just a guy that wants to get in your pants." Alex said, snapping at me.

My friendly stare turned in to an angry glare, "So are you." I replied, acidly.

Alex's hand came down angrily on the table, causing a loud noise and causing me to jump in surprise as many of the happy couples stole glances at us. It only took them a few seconds of our silence before they returned to what they had been doing beforehand.

"I think I'm going to leave." I told Alex, standing up.

Alex grabbed my arm and shot me a look that said 'sorry' but I didn't feel that he meant it. "Please don't leave Kacy. I lost my temper. It won't happen again."

I stared down at him in disbelief. "I don't believe that." I said, telling him the truth. It wasn't something so extreme that he should've lost his temper in the first place and I wasn't in to guys with anger problems.

"Give me a chance. Please." Alex pleaded, looking up at me with his pretty baby blue eyes. They looked sincere so why couldn't I believe him?

Against my better judgment I sat back down and as I bit my lip and listened to him start apologizing I felt like a fool. Yet I stayed.

"What the fuck is he doing here?" Alex asked, sharply which broke me from my thoughts.

"What?" I asked, looking over my shoulder where he had been staring and sure enough Brendon and Spencer were talking to each other and drinking some coffee.

"Is he here to try to steal you from me again?" Alex asked, seeming enraged.

I shook my head. "He didn't even know I was going to be here. He probably hasn't even noticed either of us. It's fine. We don't own the town." I stated, shrugging it off. Brendon being in the same building didn't seem to bother me as much as it bothered Alex.

Alex stood and I watched him, unsure of what he was about to do. "Where are you going?" I asked Alex, confused.

"To tell Brendon to leave you alone." Alex said through clenched teeth.

"Alex." I hissed, annoyed with him. "Sit down. He is leaving us alone."

But Alex shook my words off and as he approached Brendon I stood and followed him. Brendon noticed me behind Alex and smiled. "Hey Kacy." He said, "I didn't know you would-" BAM. Alex punched him in the face, making me gasp as Brendon staggered back.

Spencer instinctively swung at Alex but Alex shoved him backwards and Spencer fell as Brendon seemed to be coming out of the shock of being hit for absolutely no reason. I looked around and noticed a waitress was on the phone. I assumed she was calling the police.

“Spence- you okay?” Brendon asked, turning to his friend who had fallen over. He shouldn’t have done that because it gave Alex another opportunity to hit him and Alex took that opportunity once again punching Brendon, kneeing him in the stomach and shoving him against the wall. I saw the pain and shock in Brendon’s eyes as he fell to the ground next to Spencer.

I tried to pull Alex away from Brendon and he spun around towards me and pushed me backwards. I stumbled but still tried to get him to stop, “Alex, stop it now!” I yelled as I grabbed him again. I slapped at him pathetically as I tried to think of someway to get him to leave Brendon alone. Alex turned and threw his arms up in annoyance as he glared at me, “What are you going to do?” He yelled, annoyed with me, “Hit me?” He asked harshly, a sneer on his face.

I don’t think I’ve ever hated anyone so much in my life or thought so little of someone and I swung my fist at him as hard and fast as I could for someone who had never been in a fight before. As my fist made contact with his face he actually stumbled back and my hand exploded in pain. It wasn’t quite as easy or harmless as it looked in movies.

Alex’s face looked enraged as he grabbed me and threw me against the wall. It was rough and I screamed out in pain as my body made contact with the wall. It made me feel pathetically fragile but I wasn’t exactly used to being thrown against walls. Alex raised his fist and I closed my eyes as I expected it to come slamming in to my face but it didn’t and as I opened my eyes I saw that Brendon and Spencer had gotten up and Brendon was currently aiming his fist at Alex’s face as Spencer stood by, looking like he wanted to hit him as well.

From there things started to slow down as two local police officers came in and started yelling at the guys to stop fighting, Spencer aimed one last kick at Alex who was now on the ground and one of the police officers held Brendon back but he calmed down fairly fast so the officer stopped holding him. Alex however looked extremely angry and was fighting the police officer that had pulled him off of the ground and was now restraining him.

The coffee shop manager came over with the waitress and started explaining what had happened as one police officer asked Brendon to sit down and wait for him as the other one pulled Alex outside so that he would calm down.

After speaking with the manager and waitress the police officer currently inside came over and talked to me. Brendon watched us the entire time as I explained that Alex had gotten jealous and had been the one to start the entire fight. The officer nodded and took notes as I fumbled over my words and rubbed my knuckles which were sore and cracked. The officer looked at my hand and I had to explain that I had hit Alex as well. The officer nodded once again and left me for a second to go request an ice pack from the waitress.

I watched as the officer then spoke with Brendon, this all seemed to be going by slowly as they took the time to individually question each person. The other officer had appeared and was talking to Spencer. I stole a glance and saw Alex handcuffed outside sitting in the back of the police car. The waitress cleared her throat to get my attention and I stopped looking at the window as I accepted the ice pack from her. “Thank you.” I said, softly.

She nodded and gave me a sympathy glance. “Are you okay?” She asked, motioning towards my hand.

I nodded, “I’ll survive.” I realized I hadn’t come off very nicely so I quickly spoke again with a lighter tone, “Thank you though.” She nodded and left me alone.

One of the police officers came back over to me, “Thank you for answering our questions. From the story I’ve gotten from everyone here it sounds like the trouble maker was the young man out in the car.” He stated, “For any further information you can stop by the station and speak with an officer there.” I wasn’t really interested in getting anymore information. As far as I was concerned it was over with Alex.

“Thanks.” I whispered as the officer left me alone. It seemed like the entire coffee shop got a hundred times quieter after they left and I was uncomfortably sitting in the booth when Brendon slid in next to me, Spencer sliding in across from us.

“You went on a date with a psycho.” Spencer stated, seeming annoyed with the entire situation.

I nodded silently.

Brendon rubbed my back in what was supposed to be a comforting way but I tensed in pain and he noticed. “Are you okay?” He asked.

Again I nodded. I didn’t really feel like talking. I still didn’t want to believe that had just happened. I sure knew how to pick ‘em.

No one spoke for awhile as Spencer got another coffee and Brendon ordered a hot chocolate for both of us. I sipped at my hot chocolate and then finally spoke. “I’m sorry.” It had been my fault after all.

“It wasn’t your fault.” Brendon said, reaching over and grabbing my hand. He gently held it, rubbing every now and then as another means of comfort. I liked it so I didn’t pull away.

Spencer stood after it started to get too awkward for his taste. “I’m going to head out. Need a ride?” He asked, staring at me.

I was surprised that he had offered, “Uh… No. But thank you Spencer.” I figured walking might not be too bad of a thing after something like that occurring.

Spencer nodded and left without saying anything in response. He seemed to be a quiet kind of guy. Around me he was anyway.

“What are you thinking right now?” Brendon asked.

I took another drink of the hot chocolate and felt it burn down my throat and it burned my tongue to the point where I wasn’t sure I would be able to taste anything later. I hated when that happened but at the moment it wasn’t really bothering me. It was actually keeping me in the moment. “Your hands are really soft.” I said, quietly.

Brendon laughed. “I moisturize.”

I nodded, “I can tell.”

Another awkward silence, I started pulling my hand away but Brendon’s grip tightened. “Don’t leave.” He said, reading my mind.

I stared at him for a few minutes, noticing his eye was red as a response of being hit. It would probably bruise and it would be my fault. “I won’t.” I stated. I didn’t have anyone else but Brendon at that moment and I was causing him so much trouble.

--

**

(Yes? No? Good? Bad? Thanks GAClive for another review right as I was about to stop writing for the night && ShootingStars who reviews each of my chapters kindly =) You both make me happily continue writing!)
Sign up to rate and review this story