Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco

From Silent Dreams We Never Wake

by darcylynn91 0 reviews

Just a cute little Brendon Urie oneshot I was asked to do. Hope you like it!

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Romance - Published: 2011-08-30 - Updated: 2011-08-30 - 963 words - Complete

0Unrated
“Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you!”

Oh god, the singing had started. It was one of the worst parts of a birthday party.

Though I have to admit it didn’t sound too bad this year. Not with Brendon joining in anyway. I hadn’t realized how much I missed him when he wasn’t there for my last birthday. Not that it was his fault. Touring took up a lot of my friends’ time these days.

You see I have known this certain group of people since high school, which I just graduated this year. You may know them as Panic! At The Disco. They left Vegas last year to tour after Pete Wentz had signed them. It had been both a happy and sad day for me. Of course I wanted them to get what they always wanted, but I missed them so much.

Now they had come back just in time for my birthday. They had assured me there was nothing big planned, but there was still cake and presents. And singing.

The horrid song ended and I blew out the candles.

“I can’t believe you guys did this. I didn’t need a party.” I told them after Ryan started cutting the cake and handing it out. I got my piece with ice cream and dug in. It was a very tasty cake.

“Oh come on Anna, you’re never too old for a birthday party!” Brendon said sitting next to me, cake in hand.

I rolled my eyes at him.
“Just because you act like a six year old Bren doesn’t mean we all have to.” I said even though I usually have the most fun when I’m with him.

We were all eating our cake and catching up. Spencer was telling me all about what touring was like when I felt a hand tap my shoulder.

“Hey Anna, you want to go outside for a minute?” Brendon asked looking down at me.

“Sure.” I said standing up, “I’ll be back Spence.”

I followed Brendon out to the small porch on the back of the house. He leaned against the railing and stayed quiet for a moment. I was getting kind of nervous at this. Normally you had to pay Brendon to shut him up. I put my hands in my pockets and rocked back on my heels, waiting for him to say something.

He looked back at me suddenly like he just remembered I was there. He pulled me onto to the small bench seat against the wall to sit beside him.

“Are you having a good birthday?” he asked me.

I smiled at him.
“Of course. My best friends are here.”

“I’m sorry we missed the last one. I feel like I missed so much.”

“It’s not your fault. Well, it is because you went off to conquer the world and all.” I said laughing.

He smiled at that. Making him smile was one of my favorite things to do.

“We did a pretty good job too, didn’t we?”

“Yeah you did.” I said, “I’m so proud of you guys.”

He looked down. Was that a blush? Brendon Urie was blushing?

He lifted up my left wrist to look at the tattoo that was there.

“When did you get this one? See, I did miss stuff.” He said with a frown.

“Not too long ago.” I told him looking at the phrase that was inked there.

“’What a wonderful world’ that’s beautiful.” He said, “Like the song?”

“No it came to me in a dream.” I said rolling my eyes, “Duh, like the song.”

“You’re such a sarcastic one. I missed that.”

His hand was still holding on to my wrist. I couldn’t tell if it really got warmer out or if that was just my imagination.

“I got you something.” He said finally dropping my wrist.

“Oh Brendon, you didn’t have to do that!”

“Of course I did silly! It’s your birthday.” He said like it was the simplest thing in the world.

He pulled a small white envelope out of his pocket and handed it to me.

“Well go on and open it.” He said when I just stared at it.

“Ugh, fine.” I said teasing him.

I opened it up and pulled out a small clear plastic jewelry bag. Inside was the most beautiful thing anyone had ever gotten me. It was a nose ring for my piercing. It was in the shape of a flower with six small Garnets around a smaller diamond.

“It- it’s, um beautiful.” I said.

“Yeah, I thought it would look good on you.” He said looking over at me kind of shyly.

“Wow, um… I don’t know what to say.”

“Look, Anna, I don’t know if this is the best way to go about this, but I’ll just go ahead and say it anyway.”

He paused to look into my eyes before saying “I like you Anna. For a long time now and I know I’ve been gone, but I hope you can give me a chance.”

He was slightly out of breath and he was just staring into my eyes.

“When did you get so brave?” I asked smirking at him.

“Oh shut up.” He said before crashing his lips down onto mine.

“Just so we’re clear,” he said when he finally pulled away, “was that a yes?”

I chuckled.

“Yes Brendon. That was a yes.”

“Good. Then I have one other question.”

“What is it?” I asked.

“Do you want to go on the next tour with us?”

I just nodded and watched his face light up. God I love making that boy happy.
Sign up to rate and review this story