Categories > Books > A Wrinkle In Time > No Matter What

Rough Beginnings

by DelilahDevonshire 1 review

A conversation doesn't end well for Meg.

Category: A Wrinkle In Time - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama,Romance - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2011-08-31 - Updated: 2011-09-01 - 575 words

0Unrated
Hey guys! 2nd fanfic! Yay me! Anyway, this is the first chapter to "No Matter What". This is the only chapter that will be in Meg's POV, in case you're wondering. Unfortunately, I won't be updating my stories that often, 'cause school starts next week. -_- LOL, so yeah. I'll try and update whenever i get the chance....so..yeah. LOL clears throat

I'm also planning on writing another fanfic in the meantime. It'll be in the movie section, under "Titanic", and...i'll try and keep u guys updated about that.

Now.....ON TO THE STORY!!
-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-..-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.---.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

I had just finished writing in my diary, when Mother called us to dinner. I hope she didn't cook anything over the Bunsen Burner.

"Meg, dinner!" Mother called. I was up in my room, thinking about Calvin. Again.

"Coming!" I yelled back. Just then, Charles Wallace came into my room.

"Meg, I know you miss Calvin, since he's at camp," said Charles. "He'll be back tomorrow."

"I know, I know," I answered. "Come on, let's go down to dinner." Charles Wallace and I walked into the kitchen, talking about Calvin.

"It's tilapia," Mother said. "Eat up."

"Thank you, Mother," Charles Wallace said. "It looks delicious."

"Mmmm...it sure does," I added. Just then, the phone started ringing.

"I'll get it," Mother assured. She picked up the phone, and back whispering and giggling. "Meg, it's for you."

"Ok," I answered, as I walked to the phone. "Hello?"

"Hey, Megaparsec," the voice said.

"Calvin!" I said happily. "Oh, Calvin, I miss you so much!"

"I do too," Calvin replied. "I wanted to call you, because I can't go two weeks without talking to you."

"You'll be home tomorrow, right?" I asked. "I can't wait to see you."

"Yup," he said. "Tomorrow at around noon, I'll be there. Oops, gotta go. The headmaster will get pissed off if he finds me on the phone."

"Ok," I said, dissappointedly. "Bye, Cal."

"Bye, Meg," Calvin said. "Don't forget that I love you."

"I love you too," I whispered. And with that, he hung up, and I did the same. I went back to the kitchen table, and finished eating dinner.

"I'm going to talk to Father," I said after a while. "I missed having fun conversations with him."

"Alright, Meg," Mother replied, looking up from her science magazine. I walked up to Mother and Father's room, and knocked on the door.

"Come in," said Father. "Ah, Meg, I wanted to talk to you."

"So did I," I answered. "I wanted to ask you; why did you leave?"

"Meg," Father said. "You know I can't tell you that. It's classified."

"But I'm your daughter," I pushed. "Surely you could tell me."

"I'd love to, Meg," Father replied, sternly. "I can't."

"But you've caused Mother and me a lot of pain," I said, frowning. Then he did the unexpected. The strike was so sudden, I had no time to react.

"Pain, Meg? Pain?" Father said. "You haven't felt pain. Not like what I've been through on Camazotz."

I ran away to my room, crying. Why would he have hit me? I asked myself as I cried myself to sleep.
Sign up to rate and review this story